PDA

View Full Version : Running lights on u-boat?

garren
03-03-13, 08:27 PM
I see the uboat has running lights on the sides of the con tower. Any mods that make them actually work at night? Of course this would give away location at night if you were using them but it would be cool if there was a script that made them come on when you're within a certain distance of a friendly and neutral port. Even better would be a script that let you actually control them and turn them on/off at will.

Sailor Steve
03-03-13, 10:18 PM
This has been asked several times over the eight years since the game was released, and so far the answer has been "no".

garren
03-03-13, 11:49 PM
This has been asked several times over the eight years since the game was released, and so far the answer has been "no".

Thanks for answering. That's a shame.

Anyways, I noticed my 7b u-boat has two starboard running lights using GWX Gold. :o Is this right? I thought port light was supposed to be red? :06:

Sailor Steve
03-04-13, 04:16 AM
You know, in all these years I've never even looked. :oops:

HW3
03-04-13, 09:04 AM
No need to be embarrassed Steve, I've noticed them but, darn if I can remember.:hmmm:

:subsim:

Gerald
03-04-13, 10:46 AM
Thanks for answering. That's a shame.

Anyways, I noticed my 7b u-boat has two starboard running lights using GWX Gold. :o Is this right? I thought port light was supposed to be red? :06: Right! Red like roses :up:

Madox58
03-04-13, 01:11 PM
Yea. The 7b turm 2 is messed up on the lights.
Wonder how long it's been like that?
:hmmm:

I'll post a fix ASAP.
:oops:

skhutson
03-04-13, 01:19 PM
Green= passing side. Red= Suicide. In my SH3 stock game, I havn't seen any ships' running lights, friend or foe.:hmm2:

garren
03-04-13, 01:41 PM
I think the buoys in GWX are wrong too. I thought the old seaman saying used to be "red right returning". Red buoys should be on your right (starboard side) when coming into port. And when going out to sea your starboard lights should be lined up with green on green and port running lights lined up red on red.

Gerald
03-04-13, 01:50 PM
Green buoys are on the starboard side and red on the port side, at the port of entry, or out in the fairway, it depends on where the fairway begins (IRL). Even at GWX is it so.

Jimbuna
03-04-13, 05:12 PM
Yea. The 7b turm 2 is messed up on the lights.
Wonder how long it's been like that?
:hmmm:

I'll post a fix ASAP.
:oops:

Oops! :o

PM responded to :03:

Jimbuna
03-04-13, 05:28 PM
I think the buoys in GWX are wrong too. I thought the old seaman saying used to be "red right returning". Red buoys should be on your right (starboard side) when coming into port. And when going out to sea your starboard lights should be lined up with green on green and port running lights lined up red on red.

A vessel heading in the direction of buoyage (e.g. into a harbour) and wishing to keep in the main channel should:

keep port marks to its port (left), and
keep starboard marks to its right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral_mark

garren
03-04-13, 07:16 PM
Green buoys are on the starboard side and red on the port side, at the port of entry, or out in the fairway, it depends on where the fairway begins (IRL). Even at GWX is it so.

When I left out of Lorient all the green buoys were on my port side and all the red buoys were on my starboard side. They are backwards.

EDIT - I see now. So they are backwards in Europe. Or maybe we're backwards here in the US? :doh:

At least I'm correct for here in the US. Red Right Returning is a US system (Region B).

So has anyone traveled to the US in SHIII and noticed if the bouys are reversed?

Jimbuna
03-04-13, 08:09 PM
When I left out of Lorient all the green buoys were on my port side and all the red buoys were on my starboard side. They are backwards.

EDIT - I see now. So they are backwards in Europe. Or maybe we're backwards here in the US? :doh:

At least I'm correct for here in the US. Red Right Returning is a US system (Region B).

So has anyone traveled to the US in SHIII and noticed if the bouys are reversed?

Can't say I have but I suspect they will be the same should they have been scripted in ports that far away....again I can't honestly say as I'm currently at work.