PDA

View Full Version : CO2 - 2 Monitors - Solution Solver

Simmy
03-03-13, 05:02 PM
I got a second monitor and got it hooked up.
I'm thinking this is great. I finally installed the Solution Solver on the second monitor, this is even greater.
Then when I went to the Solution Solver the game did a Tab/Alt move on me.
I said to myself, self, if that's what we must do then we will do it.
But going Tab/Alt even if it's by clicking the other monitor brings on the dreaded CO2 warning! I found that saving and then getting out of the game and reloading the saved game makes the CO2 problem go away, but what a hassle.
UBILOST takes a last swing at those cash paying customers, One More Time.
They have taken a game with so much promise and made it into a UBI nightmare, like they have with so many of their games.:down:

P.S. If you know how to make the second monitor independent of the first I would love to know how.:yeah:

TorpX
03-03-13, 06:24 PM
I don't use Solution Solver with the game, so I don't know if this will work for you, but try pausing the game before you Alt-Tab out. I've had to Alt-Tab out, and I've never had the CO2 bug.

Arlo
03-03-13, 06:44 PM
I got a second monitor and got it hooked up.
I'm thinking this is great. I finally installed the Solution Solver on the second monitor, this is even greater.
Then when I went to the Solution Solver the game did a Tab/Alt move on me.
I said to myself, self, if that's what we must do then we will do it.
But going Tab/Alt even if it's by clicking the other monitor brings on the dreaded CO2 warning! I found that saving and then getting out of the game and reloading the saved game makes the CO2 problem go away, but what a hassle.
UBILOST takes a last swing at those cash paying customers, One More Time.
They have taken a game with so much promise and made it into a UBI nightmare, like they have with so many of their games.:down:

P.S. If you know how to make the second monitor independent of the first I would love to know how.:yeah:

Every monitor in our house is independent. But I think our CO2 problem is worse than yours what with my lazy 21 yr old step-son being unconscious throughout most the day then in a daze/haze in front of his monitor the rest. The word 'JOB' apparently also induces a psuedo-pavlovian dog effect of even glassier eyes than normal. I'm thinking of buying him a geriatic oxygen bottle for his next birthday.:woot:

And the 13 yr old step-son is starting to mimic ... so I'd love to surface the house and pop all the hatches sometime soon. :arrgh!:

BigWalleye
03-03-13, 06:58 PM
I don't use Solution Solver with the game, so I don't know if this will work for you, but try pausing the game before you Alt-Tab out. I've had to Alt-Tab out, and I've never had the CO2 bug.

I haven't done enough testing to say that this is a cure, but pausing the game before ALT-TABing does seem to reduce the CO2 problem. If you are going to get ALT-TABed anyway, you might try pausing first. But if you are going to ALT-TAB to get to Solution Solver or a similar aid, there doesn't seem to be any need for the second monitor.

fastfed
03-03-13, 07:59 PM
wait.. you're using the second monitor to what? Search the web and stuff? while playing?

if so, just make the game play in windowed mode .

TorpX
03-03-13, 08:29 PM
I've never tried using two monitors. I don't really know if there is any real utility in this. Maybe someone can enlighten us?

Carrollsue
03-03-13, 08:42 PM
wait.. you're using the second monitor to what? Search the web and stuff? while playing?

if so, just make the game play in windowed mode .

How do you switch? Using the window key to start menu or the one between the Alt Gr and Ctrl keys? Because SH4 goes full window when I play it and I checked the window mode box.:hmmm:

fastfed
03-03-13, 09:40 PM
How do you switch? Using the window key to start menu or the one between the Alt Gr and Ctrl keys? Because SH4 goes full window when I play it and I checked the window mode box.:hmmm:

Shift-Tab (Not alt-tab) should allow the game to adjust to whatever window size you want.

Honestly, I've seen the settings "Windowed" mode in the options but never clicked it.

If its like any other windowed mode game, it should act as a web browser when you have it sized half way (or any size besides maximum)

Let me try windowed mode, BRB

fastfed
03-03-13, 09:54 PM
WOW!! GREAT JOB UBI!!!!

The damn windowed mode doesn't even work..

Maybe you have to have it set at a certain resolution, but 1920x1080, checked off windowed mode, restarted and tried everything..

Its the same damn thing! WTF

fireftr18
03-03-13, 11:27 PM
WOW!! GREAT JOB UBI!!!!

Maybe you have to have it set at a certain resolution, but 1920x1080, checked off windowed mode, restarted and tried everything..

I was never able to ger windowed mode working either.

ETR3(SS)
03-04-13, 12:23 AM
You have to lower the resolution of the game to below that of your monitor. My monitor is set at 1920x1080 but SH4 is windowed at 1600x900. Makes modding sooooooo much easier!

Simmy
03-04-13, 12:57 AM

No. The game is open and running on one monitor and Solution Solver is open and ready on the other monitor. I thought, what do I know?, that I could use the SS without having to get out of the game. UBI is not going to let that happen.

I always "pause" before getting out, but that does not seem to help in my case. So there really is no need to have a second monitor.
What's a mother to do?:wah:

fastfed
03-04-13, 02:50 AM
No. The game is open and running on one monitor and Solution Solver is open and ready on the other monitor. I thought, what do I know?, that I could use the SS without having to get out of the game. UBI is not going to let that happen.

I always "pause" before getting out, but that does not seem to help in my case. So there really is no need to have a second monitor.
What's a mother to do?:wah:

Ready for the answer???

Get a Microsoft Surface Pro!!! WOOT!!!! its only 1k, but this is war damn it! And whats a quick grand?

If that doesn't work, lets make an Android app, and lay our tablets on our desks, or you can use your phone if you don't have an Android tablet.

If you have An Iphone, well turn your man card in then, because Iphones are for girls.

Dorjun Driver
03-04-13, 09:19 AM
You have to lower the resolution of the game to below that of your monitor. My monitor is set at 1920x1080 but SH4 is windowed at 1600x900. Makes modding sooooooo much easier!

It's twoo! It's twoo! This works great for me. But be advised: if you don't explicitly pause the game, when you mouse over to another app the sound for SH4 stops, but the game is still running.

TorpX
03-04-13, 11:34 PM
Dorjun, have you been aflicted with the dreaded CO2 bug?

Dorjun Driver
03-05-13, 12:53 AM
Nope. Not even when I used to ALT-TAB.

Carrollsue
03-05-13, 08:05 PM
WOW!! GREAT JOB UBI!!!!

:wah:I’m running; OS Vista with all the update, on a Acer Aspire 5536-5224 (don’t make now) ATI Radeon 3500 “push”, all with lots on memory.

I can use Acer GridVista which can split the screen to 2 or 3 “windows”. Have tried it, when I run the game it will take the all the screen, so it overrides what GridVista program is telling it. If I use the “hot” key to go to second screen, for MoBo…SH4 will stop working…go figure:/\\!!

TorpX
03-05-13, 10:37 PM
If I were cynical, I might think that this is the industry telling us not to be so greedy, just buy a second computer.

OK, maybe I'm a little cynical. :)