PDA

View Full Version : UK 'cannot rule out arms for Syria'

Jimbuna
03-03-13, 08:28 AM
Why do we feel the need to get involved in everyone else's business? :nope:

With all the military cuts we're currently going to we'll certainly have plenty of kit to give away I suppose :stare:

Britain cannot rule out providing arms to the Syrian opposition in the future, Foreign Secretary William Hague says.
The situation in Syria now is "too dangerous to the peace and security of that entire region, and thereby to the world, to ignore it", he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21647014

Catfish
03-03-13, 08:50 AM
Why do we feel the need to get involved in everyone else's business? :nope: [...]

I also wonder, since you could help to either install a new dictator or support the old one. And then, after 20 years of faithful service kill him, american style :O:

Jimbuna
03-03-13, 08:52 AM
Politics...don't you just love it :88)

Skybird
03-03-13, 08:57 AM
Somebody has chosen to not learn the lessons of recent history there, and instead to just ignore reality. Or he just assumes that the doctrine of appeasing the rogues in principle is a good idea.

Once again helping to establish another fundamentalist, racist religious tyranny in the ME, after Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, that is hostile to the West and hostile to Israel, is not worth the life of a single Western soldier, and it is not worth a single Western tax cent.

I hate it when smart peanut counters try to demonstrate they can think with their hearts. You do not solve a mathematical equation by reading poems. The massacres of Muslim militias against Christains in Sudan was left unanswered, for exmaple, although it exceeds the Syrian bloodshed in size and bloodtoll by far. So why Syria now? To piss the Russians...?

Meh. :hmph:

Catfish
03-03-13, 09:00 AM
[...] So why Syria now? To piss the Russians...?

Meh. :hmph:

By gosh, i guess you are right.
Now, then i think it is a good idea.

STEED
03-03-13, 09:36 AM
As about as subtle as a sledgehammer, Hague backing up Hammond's remarks the other day. Starve the poor with more cuts to their benefits while this Tory scum bags profit in selling arms. :stare:

Tribesman
03-03-13, 10:35 AM
The massacres of Muslim militias against Christains in Sudan was left unanswered, for exmaple, although it exceeds the Syrian bloodshed in size and bloodtoll by far.
What a pile of crap. Then again Skybird did think that the Iranians were backing the Syrian rebels so perhaps he is just really really confused.
Meh:rotfl2:
Meanwhile in Sudan the muslims are fighting the foriegn backed muslims in the west, the christians with foriegn backing are fighting the muslims in the east and the muslims and christains are both slaughtering the nomads over grazing rights(and oil) on the ceasefire line between north and south, both with foriegn backing.
Plus of course the christians to the south of Sudan are using foriegn backing to fight the christians in south sudan.
Not of course suggesting that foriegners are acting there because of course such things are only done to annoy the russians apparently:hmm2:

STEED
03-07-13, 09:43 AM
I see we are moving closer to the Syrian civil war issue, first food and medical supply's then armored vehicles and bullet proof vests and yesterday I hear weapons can not be ruled out for the rebels.

Schroeder
03-07-13, 09:46 AM
We should stay out of that as far as possible. You never know where those weapons will end up and I don't see much reason to support the rebels as they don't seem to be much better than the current regime. We shouldn't help to overthrow one evil with another that might even turn on us in the end.:shifty:

STEED
03-07-13, 10:02 AM
We should stay out of that as far as possible. You never know where those weapons will end up and I don't see much reason to support the rebels as they don't seem to be much better than the current regime. We shouldn't help to overthrow one evil with another that might even turn on us in the end.:shifty:

Good point, I heard on the LBC radio this guy went out there to get his wife out and he said there were hundreds of rebel factions and as you say...

Platapus
03-07-13, 10:06 AM
Not sure what is worth involvement in Syria....

Oh wait... .Syria has oil

That's different, we must take action to protect those tired huddled masses yearning to breath free.

The wretched oil contracts of your teeming shore
Send these, the negotiated contracts to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door

I predict that the expenses of this "humanitarian" effort will be reimbursed by Syrian oil revenue too. :yep:

They will welcome us as liberators. I am pretty sure about that, this time. :yep:

HundertzehnGustav
03-07-13, 11:22 AM
take their money, and let them kill each other.

win win.

eh? simple.

TLAM Strike
03-07-13, 11:44 AM
In other news the Chinese are providing arms to the Syrian Rebels...

http://china-defense.blogspot.com/2013/02/fn-6-manpad-of-free-syria-army.html

Oberon
03-07-13, 12:31 PM
In other news the Chinese are providing arms to the Syrian Rebels...

http://china-defense.blogspot.com/2013/02/fn-6-manpad-of-free-syria-army.html

:doh:

Wonder what Putin makes of that...guess it's a sign that Assads old friends are moving against him. :hmmm: Or the Chinese are hedging their bets to make sure they can stake first claim on the oil under the new government.

eddie
03-07-13, 03:36 PM
Seem's to me they have enough arms if they can pull this stunt! And I'm sure Assad will pull his troops back too!:haha: They'll get arms, but if they mess around too much along the Golan Heights, I don't think they will enjoy how Israel delivers them!

http://news.msn.com/world/syrian-rebels-seize-un-peacekeepers-near-golan-heights

Jimbuna
03-07-13, 04:52 PM

A potential case of que sera sera.