PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Multiplayer Campaign idea

Leemon
03-01-13, 02:01 PM
Good Day
Im not sure, im pretty new in here, so this might be already discussed, so sorry if im posting this to late.

For some time its lurking in my head and its time give for Your judging.
A really great campaign RSRD mod, which seems a really (if not a most) popular mod around SH4 users which is using accurate/most realistic traffic and seems its not random, makes me thing that 2 diferent people with 2 diferent PCs, both having RSRDC mod on same place and same time will found same ship with same speed and heading. Maybe some guy will give more technical details about RSRDC mod to confirm/decline this.

So, if we all would agree on how much real time would be in game time (for example 2 weeks of real time would be 2 months of in game time)(of course, it would be not strictly synchronized, with eg max delay is a 2-3days), we could actually coordinate our patrols like reporting contacts and sending reports of Your progress. Or even have our own commanders who will assign patrols areas and give orders. And maybe if there is moders who can make mutiplayer missions quite easy, by campaign game play could make multiplayer mission for wolfpacks, if A sub report a convoy, B submarine is not far away for coordinated attack....

I guess that is enough to give You clear picture of what Im thinking about. Im sure it is possible, question do we have enough guts for this?
So what do You think?

Armistead
03-01-13, 09:22 PM
Sure, if two people played RSRD the exact game time, they could report groups to each other. People have done this a lot to one degree or the other.

The bigger problem with MP is playing in real time, get rather long.

Red October1984
03-02-13, 12:38 AM
Sure, if two people played RSRD the exact game time, they could report groups to each other. People have done this a lot to one degree or the other.

The bigger problem with MP is playing in real time, get rather long.

Long is an understatement :o ....In the highest Time Compression, it takes me a good hour to an hour and a half to do a patrol...

And that's at 10 Knots on the highest TC...