PDA

View Full Version : SH3 - refitting torpedoes

SolitaryHowl
03-01-13, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone,

So I just started playing SH3 - great game so far. I already have SH4, but I saw SH3 for $5 in the the sale bin so I decided why not?

The only question I have: can I refit my sub with more torpedoes once I use them all? I know in SH4 you could go back to any friendly base to refit your sub, but I saw no such option in SH3. All I got was an 'exit patrol', and that isn't what I want. :(

I'm running mostly a stock game, except for the following mods:
M.E.P v3
GWX - Contact color, Enhanced Damage Effects

(I heard of a GWX3, however it doesn't work on my computer for some reason. It keeps on saying I have to remove modded files, but I did that already and it still refuses to install. :( )

Thanks in advanced.

desertstriker
03-01-13, 01:42 PM
there is no refit option like in SH4 or SH5 once your out your out. only option is to RTB.

SolitaryHowl
03-01-13, 01:44 PM
Is there a mod I can install then that'll enable me to refill the torps, or no?

Such a shame...because I was really enjoying this game. I love how you can play as the germans...(the uboat expansion for SH4 doesn't count!)

desertstriker
03-01-13, 01:48 PM
Is there a mod I can install then that'll enable me to refill the torps, or no?

Such a shame...because I was really enjoying this game. I love how you can play as the germans...(the uboat expansion for SH4 doesn't count!)
as far as i know there isn't a mod like that because it is writen in to code for the refiting in SH4 and the code in SH3 doesn't have it... however many in SH3 would view that as unrealistic to go and refit and head back out. I would suggest talking with one of the guys who has worked with the coding before.

Sailor Steve
03-01-13, 01:56 PM
GWX lets you resupply at certain supply ships and milk cows. You have to go to the right place at the right time and look for them, but it's worth the effort if you're on station, particularly off the American coast. The downside is that the game treats it like a return to base, but SH3 Commander can be set to only keep you there for one day.

SolitaryHowl
03-01-13, 02:03 PM
Awesome, thanks. Assuming I get GWX to work (reinstalling SH3 now..made a backup of my stuff first), where would I find these supply ships?

HundertzehnGustav
03-01-13, 02:18 PM
in the gwx manual :D

HW3
03-01-13, 02:49 PM
The F1 key will give you a screen with the resupply subs and ships listed including grid squares and dates when they are there. They will show on the navigation map when they are on station.

:subsim:

SolitaryHowl
03-01-13, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys - got GWX to work finally. Problem is, my F1 key doesn't work (I'm on a mac running bootcamp, so that key is used to adjust screen brightness). Is there anyway to remap the key?

EDIT: Nevermind, managed to figure it out. I had to hold down 'fn'.