PDA

View Full Version : Sequester deadline looms as US faces $85bn cuts

Gerald
03-01-13, 06:30 AM
The US Congress passed the cuts into law fervently hoping they would never come into force

US political leaders are to meet for last-ditch talks at the White House, amid the prospect of steep budget cuts.

Cuts worth $85bn (£56bn), originally tabled in an effort to force Congress to strike a budget deal, are due become law by the end of Friday.

President Barack Obama will host Democratic and Republican leaders, amid a raging blame-game in Washington. Congress has adjourned for the weekend.

The IMF has said the cuts could have an impact on global growth.

Analysis in the US suggests the nation's GDP (economic output) could grow by just 1.4% in 2013 if the cuts are not delayed or replaced. US GDP grew by 2.2% in 2012.

The White House meeting comes as prospects for a deal to avert the cuts, known as the sequesters, appear extremely slim.

Budget bills from both parties were defeated in the Senate on Thursday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21610813

Cutting times,:hmmm:

Note: 1 March 2013 Last updated at 11:03 GMT

Gerald
03-01-13, 01:55 PM
US President Barack Obama: "Washington didn't make it easy at a time when businesses have began to get some traction"

US political leaders have left last-ditch talks at the White House without a deal to avoid steep budget cuts.

President Barack Obama blamed Republicans' refusal to allow any tax rises for the negotiations' failure, calling the sweeping $85bn (£56bn) in cuts "unnecessary" and "inexcusable".

Congress has left for the weekend, with the spending cuts due to be written into the budget by Friday's end.

The IMF has warned the cuts could slow global economic growth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21636049

Note: Update record, 1 March 2013 Last updated at 18:47 GMT

Skybird
03-01-13, 05:43 PM
cuts: 85 bn
explicit debts only: 16700 bn (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/)
GDP 2012: 15200 bn (mean value from IMF, WB, CIA)

US debts since 2007 grow by 3.7 bn per day.

The cut now represent a meager 0.50% of the total implict debt, and a meager 0.56% of the 2012 GDP. That puts the hype about the sequester a bit into relation, I think. - The pentagon recently has placed last-minute contracts worth 500 bn for the F35. That represents 3.3% of the 2012 GDP.

Debts cannot be driven back by spending more than before and making new debts.

The implicit debt btw is calculated to be 800-1250% of the explicit debt. The according numbers would be this:

16700 bn explicit debts
133600 bn if counting 800% implicit debts.
208750 bn if counting 1250% implicit debts

The latter 208 trillion in full writing, since it looks so impressive:

One can start using scientific notation with these dimensions. 2.0875*10^14

To me that number is a very clear and convincing definition of total bankruptcy. Claiming differently compares to claiming that a 100 kiloton nuke is no bomb, or that the sun sheds no light.

The estimated number of suns in the milky way btw is said to be in the low hundred billions. Throw one dollar into each sun, and when you are done with the galaxy, you still will have plenty left.

85,000,000,000 in cuts now - wowh, that is four decimal places less!

yubba
03-01-13, 06:08 PM
:doh: what about pork products, being cut,, this should be cut the cheese thread,, but how can we have big over bearing government with all these cuts in spending ?????

GoldenRivet
03-01-13, 07:57 PM
i tightened up my belt... uncle Sam can to. :up:

August
03-01-13, 08:34 PM
Both sides are now saying the cuts are a good thing. Go figure.

Armistead
03-01-13, 09:32 PM
It needed to be about 200 billion, maybe about a 2% cut overall. Obama is like a woman that goes out and buys 5 new dresses, sells one a week later and considers that cutting back.

yubba
03-02-13, 12:02 AM
still here, feel fine, no affect, our poor poor leader is having withdrawls and it's the republicans fault, I kind of feel bad for the cowboy poets.

swamprat69er
03-02-13, 12:06 AM
It needed to be about 200 billion, maybe about a 2% cut overall. Obama is like a woman that goes out and buys 5 new dresses, sells one a week later and considers that cutting back.

She 'saved money' she bought them on sale.:D

yubba
03-02-13, 12:14 AM
nope still nothing,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

em2nought
03-02-13, 12:45 AM
She 'saved money' she bought them on sale.:D

Our gov't doesn't shop the sales, except maybe those ex-British Harriers. :D

Skybird
03-02-13, 06:04 AM

200 bn? :)

In January and February 2013, US explicit debts rose by 122 bn per month. If you want to have just one year with at least no further climbs in existing debts, you would need a cut of not 200 bn, but 1464 bn. That's almost one tenth of the 2012 GDP. That would not reduce the debt. It would just not add new ones on top of the heap.

If however already a cut by 85 bn would make the US collapse and the sky falling, you can imagine what it would mean if the US would do what really is needed to be done when meaning serious to tackle debts. Or in other words, you can imagine how deep the disaster is in which it is fully embedded. In plain English: no escape than total collapse.

I am convinced that there is not a single politician in Washington - or any Wetsrn capital for that matter - who indeed wants to tackle national debts. Nobody wants to do that, because everybody kinows what that means. Everybody is hoping to successfully delay the big revelation day to the time after he has ended his gold robbing and power picking career.

Ducimus
03-02-13, 09:17 AM
SEQUESTER DOOMSDAY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MtjJA3-M8)

:O:

Armistead
03-02-13, 09:24 AM
200 bn? :)

In January and February 2013, US explicit debts rose by 122 bn per month. If you want to have just one year with at least no further climbs in existing debts, you would need a cut of not 200 bn, but 1464 bn. That's almost one tenth of the 2012 GDP. That would not reduce the debt. It would just not add new ones on top of the heap.

If however already a cut by 85 bn would make the US collapse and the sky falling, you can imagine what it would mean if the US would do what really is needed to be done when meaning serious to tackle debts. Or in other words, you can imagine how deep the disaster is in which it is fully embedded. In plain English: no escape than total collapse.

I am convinced that there is not a single politician in Washington - or any Wetsrn capital for that matter - who indeed wants to tackle national debts. Nobody wants to do that, because everybody kinows what that means. Everybody is hoping to successfully delay the big revelation day to the time after he has ended his gold robbing and power picking career.

I agree. I think it would take about 200 billion in cuts to get us back to last years spending levels, but the way numbers are spinned...

I totally agree, each year the Washington mob robs and plunder each year, like an out of control corporation with no regulation.

GT182
03-02-13, 09:51 AM
They should be doing more cuts... like quit giving money to countries that shoot us in the back. We've got people right here in the US that need help and never get it. Take care of our own first and foremost.

yubba
03-02-13, 11:40 AM

Nope, still here, but did see the fall of a super hero to those evil republicans, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFdAJRVm94 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UErR7i2onW0

yubba
03-02-13, 11:53 AM
think I found a new favorite song,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2scxJNXjMI

Takeda Shingen
03-02-13, 12:03 PM
Yubba -- Bringing absolutely nothing to the discussion since 2009.

August
03-02-13, 01:11 PM

As one pundit put it:

"The Administration has been acting like after Friday it will no longer be safe to go outside."

:)

yubba
03-02-13, 02:01 PM
Yubba -- Bringing absolutely nothing to the discussion since 2009.
Oh con tare I bring the truth, sunshine and craps and giggles,,,now we see what the left is all about I will not debate the truth or our freedom and liberty because it isn't up for debate,,, what part of not to be infringed upon don't you understand.. Aaaaaaw what the matter, poor little socalists run out other peoples money to spend.???? Trust me I'll make fun of every liberal goof , mistake, qoute, like Maxiem Waters said," that we would loose 170 million jobs because of the sequester" :hmmm::hmmm: that would be every job in america wouldn't it..and anything else that comes to light..Have a nice post sequester day..:D what you didn' like the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2scxJNXjMI ??? or was it this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1yTY2MciOk

Buddahaid
03-02-13, 02:12 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4513594946421741&pid=15.1

Well I for one am glad this is settled.

Takeda Shingen
03-02-13, 02:24 PM
Oh con tare I bring the truth, sunshine and craps and giggles,,,now we see what the left is all about I will not debate the truth or our freedom and liberty because it isn't up for debate,,, what part of not to be infringed upon don't you understand.. Aaaaaaw what the matter, poor little socalists run out other peoples money to spend.???? Trust me I'll make fun of every liberal goof , mistake, qoute, like Maxiem Waters said," that we would loose 170 million jobs because of the sequester" :hmmm::hmmm: that would be every job in america wouldn't it..and anything else that comes to light..Have a nice post sequester day..:D what you didn' like the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2scxJNXjMI ??? or was it this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1yTY2MciOk

Did you look at the date on your videos? Of course you didn't. You post first, and maybe think later if you get around to it.

Sailor Steve
03-02-13, 03:00 PM
Oh con tare I bring the truth
You might want to look up how words are spelled and what they mean before making that claim. You really do bring nothing to the forum that's worth reading.

Trust me I'll make fun of every liberal goof , mistake
Just as I've said to another here, you make real conservatives look bad. Before you make fun of someone else you should learn to make fun of yourself.

Tribesman
03-02-13, 03:44 PM
Just as I've said to another here, you make real conservatives look bad.
I disagree, bubs&yubs just make themselves look bad.
It isn't fair to attribute it to "conservative" viewpoints since those require some element of thinking and the thinking is clearly lacking

yubba
03-02-13, 04:08 PM
Maybe you'll like this http://dailyrushbo.com/screaming-goat-version-of-obamas-dire-sequester-warning/ and Steve if you want to qoute me use it all,, one would think,, you work for the network news like ABC..You know whats nice I'm a American and if I want to be foolish thats my right on the other hand you guys show what liberals are really like..You resort to name calling, bullying, and ridicule, right staight out the rule book for radicals. and you are wrong I don't make conservatives look bad I make liberals look bad..

Betonov
03-02-13, 04:09 PM
What's a sequester day ??

When I googled it I only found the definitions of the word :hmmm:

Takeda Shingen
03-02-13, 04:12 PM
Confirming that Sailor Steve works for ABC News.

yubba
03-02-13, 04:23 PM
pretty good guess I must be pyshco ick :woot::woot:

eddie
03-02-13, 04:24 PM
yubba, gets paid under the table, which he pays no taxes, (a tax cheat) and wants to come in here and school us on the countries budget!?!:haha: And that he's a real American!?! He does give neocons a bad name too!

Takeda Shingen
03-02-13, 04:26 PM
Maybe you'll like this http://dailyrushbo.com/screaming-goat-version-of-obamas-dire-sequester-warning/ and Steve if you want to qoute me use it all,, one would think,, you work for the network news like ABC..You know whats nice I'm a American and if I want to be foolish thats my right on the other hand you guys show what liberals are really like..You resort to name calling, bullying, and ridicule, right staight out the rule book for radicals.

I'll call BS on that.

(1) The number of actual liberals on this forum is extremely small. You use 'liberal' as an umbrella term of disparagement for anyone that calls you on your logic or behavior.

(2) Your tone is hateful and disrespectful. You come in with topic spam and trolling that is designed to be as offensive and disruptive as possible and then whine and cry when people start calling you on it.

(3) This is a private internet forum. Your rights do not necessarily apply here, espeically when it comes to behavior that you have been asked stop repeatedly. Keep that in mind.

You know, I have a feeling that you are actually a hard-core liberal. Every post you make simply reinforces the negative stereotypes that people have of conservatives. As Steve alluded to above, real conservatives don't act like this. You act like a caricature from a Democrat's smear playbook.

Tribesman
03-02-13, 05:26 PM
yubba, gets paid under the table, which he pays no taxes, (a tax cheat) and wants to come in here and school us on the countries budget!?!
Don't forget that as well as leeching on the government teat and not paying his taxes he also operates his "business" by using stolen tools.
A model of integrity eh?

Jimbuna
03-02-13, 05:29 PM
Keeping a watchful eye.

geetrue
03-02-13, 05:45 PM
The number of actual liberals on this forum is extremely small. You use 'liberal' as an umbrella term of disparagement for anyone that calls you on your logic or behavior.

Iama a redneck that dribbles when I eat barbecue ... :yep:
does make me left or right of everyone else?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I could never figure out where in the hell President Obama was going to get his $500 billion dollar cut in spending for medicare.

If you can take $500 billion dollars out of medicare without hurting anyone ...

why don't they just go ahead and do just that for a couple of years instead of up setting every, across the board, department in the country?

Sailor Steve
03-02-13, 05:56 PM
Steve if you want to qoute me use it all,,
I only quoted what was needed to show that you have absolutely no understanding of the English language, yet you try to write as if you actually knew what you what you were doing.

one would think,, you work for the network news like ABC..
Only you would think that. I would probably listen to you if you actually talked about these things rather than try to preach.

You know whats nice I'm a American and if I want to be foolish thats my right
It is, but you need to stop trying to make others look foolish. You're really not very good at it.

on the other hand you guys show what liberals are really like..
I'm not liberal. Nor am I conservative. I'm something you don't seem to be capable of understanding - someone who actually looks at each separate question and thinks about it. I'm also capable of rationally discussing a topic from both sides.

You resort to name calling, bullying, and ridicule, right staight out the rule book for radicals. and you are wrong I don't make conservatives look bad I make liberals look bad..
No, as Tribesman said you only make yourself look bad. I said you make conservatives look bad by association, because some people read what you write and think all conservatives are like you.

It's not about name-calling, and it's not about bullying. You are free to say what you want, and so is everybody else. Ridicule? Well, you get treated according to the way you act, and most of the things you write are practically begging for ridicule. When you talk about rulebooks, are you claiming you don't adhere strictly to an ultra-right wing rulebook? It would be nice if you could actually discuss the things you preach, but so far in all your posts you've never done that.

Sailor Steve
03-02-13, 06:01 PM
Dang! The cat's out of the bag now. I only have two problems with that concept.

1. "Work" is not a word that's in my vocabulary.

2. I never seem to get paid. I need to talk to someone about that. :dead:

Sailor Steve
03-02-13, 06:06 PM
Iama a redneck that dribbles when I eat barbecue ... :yep:
does make me left or right of everyone else?
Naw. It makes you a pretty much average 'Merkin. I bet August is a sloppy BBQ eater, and so is Mookie. I know I am. :D

why don't they just go ahead and do just that for a couple of years instead of up setting every, across the board, department in the country?
My personal feeling is that if any of these congressthings had an ounce of integrity or real concern they would cut their own paychecks by at least 3/4 and refuse to take any perks at all. That wouldn't even put a dimple in the deficit, but at least it would show they were sincere.

yubba
03-02-13, 06:48 PM
yubba, gets paid under the table, which he pays no taxes, (a tax cheat) and wants to come in here and school us on the countries budget!?!:haha: And that he's a real American!?! He does give neocons a bad name too!
Back to name calling and maken stuff up like a good lib I see.. Yep I'm a real cheat alright I don't think I made 3 thousand dollars last year that's about a thousand more than I made last year and it doesn't look any better this year thanks to Obama, I'm not foodstamps or any other government assistance, If I can live on next to nothin, feed my self and keep clothes on my back,, this sorry excuse of a government can take a 2% haircut, it's all the mambi pambi liberal crap is why we are in this mess in the first place..And I'm going to be a good american and sit on my butt and not provide this consitutionaly impared government one red cent :O::O::O::O::O:... What I love about Florida you won't go hungry here or freeze..

Tribesman
03-02-13, 08:48 PM
Yep I'm a real cheat alright I don't think I made 3 thousand dollars last year that's about a thousand more than I made last year and it doesn't look any better this year thanks to Obama
Wow, $3k. How do you afford your public liability insurance for your "business" enterprise?
Does this mean as well as not paying your taxes plus using your stolen machinery you are also breaking another law.:yep:
Keep digging your hole yubs:rotfl2:

yubba
03-02-13, 08:57 PM
Maybe you'll like this http://dailyrushbo.com/screaming-goat-version-of-obamas-dire-sequester-warning/ why yes I did yubba

yubba
03-02-13, 09:09 PM
Wow, $3k. How do you afford your public liability insurance for your "business" enterprise?
Does this mean as well as not paying your taxes plus using your stolen machinery you are also breaking another law.:yep:
Keep digging your hole yubs:rotfl2:A laborer doesn't need insurance ask any illegal immigrant that you got cutting your grass and what stolen machiery, every thing I got was either given to me from the kindness of others or stuff I savaged or bought, wait till you have to dumpster dive that day may be sooner than you think.
Ain't it a pretty picture you liberals have created,, I'm willing to bet you'll be one of the first to hit the streets when the cuts hit deep thinking you are entitled to something.

Tribesman
03-02-13, 09:22 PM
A laborer doesn't need insurance ask any illegal immigrant that you got cutting your grass
Perfect, ask a criminal if yubba is a criminal too:haha:

Armistead
03-02-13, 10:42 PM
You know, I have a feeling that you are actually a hard-core liberal. Every post you make simply reinforces the negative stereotypes that people have of conservatives. As Steve alluded to above, real conservatives don't act like this. You act like a caricature from a Democrat's smear playbook.

This:yeah:

Gerald
03-03-13, 06:45 AM
WASHINGTON — The latest budget impasse ushered in a new round of austerity on Saturday, with the nation facing reduced federal services, canceled contracts, job furloughs and layoffs.

But lost in the talk of Washington’s dysfunction is this fact: on paper at least, President Obama and Congress have reduced projected deficits by nearly $4 trillion over a decade — the widely embraced goal for stabilizing the national debt.

The spending cuts that began to take effect Friday, known as sequestration and totaling about $1 trillion through 2023, come on top of $1.5 trillion in reductions that Mr. Obama and Congress committed to in 2011, mainly from the accord that averted the nation’s first debt default.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/us/politics/cuts-to-achieve-goal-for-deficit-but-toll-is-high.html?ref=business

Note: Published: March 2, 2013

Betonov
03-03-13, 07:02 AM
Naw. It makes you a pretty much average 'Merkin. I bet August is a sloppy BBQ eater, and so is Mookie. I know I am. :D

I'm a sloppy BBQ eater, when does my visa arive :O:

Glock30Eric
03-03-13, 12:43 PM
Just wait for March 27 and the sky will start falling.

Continuing Resolution expires on March 27. Republicans will use that against Democrats to not increase tax and cut the entitlement programs. If Democrats don't agree with the Republicans then Republicans have nothing to lose because they still cut the program through shutdown.

17th Amendment have sealed the America as we have known. It is way beyond to save the America.

Be prepared for the 2nd civil war.

Stealhead
03-03-13, 03:12 PM
More like things will some how keep going despite the government.

The 17th Amendment has been in effect since 1912 therefore no living person can have "known an America" before it was ratified.Well maybe a handful of centurions(person 100 years of age or older) but they would only have been toddlers and therefore would not recall pre 1912 America either.

Gerald
03-04-13, 10:25 AM
Jobs are important at all times.

With the Dow Jones industrial average flirting with a record high, the split between American workers and the companies that employ them is widening and could worsen in the next few months as federal budget cuts take hold.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/business/economy/corporate-profits-soar-as-worker-income-limps.html?hp&_r=0

Note: March 3, 2013

mookiemookie
03-04-13, 10:33 AM

If you're not wearing bbq sauce by the time you're done eating, you've done it wrong.

geetrue
03-04-13, 03:16 PM
This is a couple of months ago, but makes you wonder about the old joke,

"I have some good news for you about a pay raise and I have some bad news for you"

"Your layed off"

except for the US congress of course: http://voices.yahoo.com/obama-was-wrong-end-pay-freeze-congress-11955558.html?cat=9

The Weekly Standard reported Friday that Obamasigned an executive order (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-orders-raise-biden-members-congress-federal-workers_692223.html) which ends the pay freeze for federal workers, including for Congress. The base salary of those in the House and Senate will go up to $174,900 from $174,000. The raises are expected to cost the taxpayers $11 billion over 10 years, per Congressional Budget Office figures

Glock30Eric
03-04-13, 07:06 PM
More like things will some how keep going despite the government.

The 17th Amendment has been in effect since 1912 therefore no living person can have "known an America" before it was ratified.Well maybe a handful of centurions(person 100 years of age or older) but they would only have been toddlers and therefore would not recall pre 1912 America either.

Liberals out votes the republicans with the 17th amendment. That is what killing America.

Takeda Shingen
03-04-13, 07:09 PM
Liberals out votes the republicans with the 17th amendment. That is what killing America.

Mad about the election, huh?

soopaman2
03-04-13, 07:12 PM
How much out of our military contractor budget.

I bet zero...Not like we have our own army that can do thier jobs, they charge triple for.

Ohhhh, did I offend someone? Truth usually does. ( especially Halliburton/XE workers)

Pure Capitalism rules right? Keynes is a douchbag.

Sailor Steve
03-04-13, 07:29 PM
I certainly am. If Roosevelt and Taft had just acted like gentlemen, that Liberal sellout Wilson never would have been elected!

Sailor Steve
03-04-13, 07:32 PM
Ohhhh, did I offend someone? Truth usually does. ( especially Halliburton/XE workers)
Why do you go off on these weird, meaningless tangets? What makes you think you offended anybody?

Or is that actually what you were aiming for?

soopaman2
03-04-13, 08:28 PM
Why do you go off on these weird, meaningless tangets? What makes you think you offended anybody?

Or is that actually what you were aiming for?

Nah just being facetious.

How about the rest of my post?

Don't matter does it, that one sentence in quote is enough to make me look like a jackwagon, when I brought up valid points on us hiring military contractors for many times the cost of what our soldiers can do.

Have a nice day.:salute:

yubba
03-04-13, 08:29 PM
Than it was the day before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yietmUdqJos

soopaman2
03-04-13, 08:37 PM
Than it was the day before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yietmUdqJos

Yeah, what the goat said.:D

Thanks Yubba, I needed a laugh:salute:

Oberon
03-04-13, 09:33 PM
I certainly am. If Roosevelt and Taft had just acted like gentlemen, that Liberal sellout Wilson never would have been elected!

I blame the Mugwumps... :nope:

Stealhead
03-04-13, 10:32 PM

Hardcore liberals say the exact same thing after each election that Republicans win.:hmmm:

Lack of thinking about things and getting caught up in bogus party lines is what is killing America.

yubba
03-04-13, 11:06 PM
Yeah, what the goat said.:D

Thanks Yubba, I needed a laugh:salute:
You're welcome, some say I don't have anything to contribute to this forum, if I can provide one ray of light in what would be a dreary day, or a giggle, or make your head shake in wonder or make you face palm,, then I have done my duty..I have one question,, if so much bad is going to happen because of these cuts,, that means that we don't have the money right..??? Why did John Kerry pledge to Eygpt,,460 million dollars ???? so does 460 million sound,, not as bad as a half a billion dollars ??/ I'm sorry that was 2 questions, and didn't we just give Eygpt a dozen or so f-16 fighter jets and bunch of tanks ??? I'm gettin to be a chatty Cathy here,,,..You know I kept an eye on the sky and didn't see one single plane fall out of sky and I didn't hear a thing about children eatin paint chips,,,,I did hear that big sis was to buy 2500 armored cars,, amrats I believe,, so is Homeland Security going to become the new SS ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Ku17CqdZg

Stealhead
03-04-13, 11:38 PM
That person is at a US Border Patrol checkpoint.So you don't want illegals in this country yet you do not want them to check for illegals.

Really a few questions and be on your way big deal really.If it was really something and not a free country you'd not be seeing the video of YouTube and the guy would be in jail some place or have a bullet in his head.

Glock30Eric
03-05-13, 09:22 AM

Not really with the election itself. I am mad at Americans that they voted on the candidates without researching on her/his past performance and votes.

For example, many black/negros voted Obama because he has the same color skin as themselves. :wah:

There are some voters that just simply voted a name with "D" next to it, regardless how s/he did in the past. Same thing with the Republicans. :wah:

Many Republicans simply voted a candidate that promised to protect Israel at all costs; regardless if we have to bankrupt ourselves and sending our men to die for Israel. :/\\!!

I am more pissed off at the media and many Americans. They clearly saw that MSMs were pushing Ron Paul out of the media even he has a really good points to bring America back on the course. Republicans pushed him off because he didn't promised to protect Israel at all costs. That is why we had Romney, and Obama took advantage of that and walked away with a sweet victory. Many republicans used the "lesser of two evils" mentality and that brought us Democrats Presidents in many elections. They seems have a short term memories. :(

I don't really think America will last long; it is a matter of when we will see a Second Civil War. I will protect my gun right and they have to take my life first in order to take my gun. I will not comply to the Liberal's wish to impose a really high tax on my income to support their food stamp, medicare, SS, and few entitlements.

Takeda Shingen
03-05-13, 10:33 AM
Not really with the election itself. I am mad at Americans that they voted on the candidates without researching on her/his past performance and votes.

For example, many black/negros voted Obama because he has the same color skin as themselves. :wah:

There are some voters that just simply voted a name with "D" next to it, regardless how s/he did in the past. Same thing with the Republicans. :wah:

Many Republicans simply voted a candidate that promised to protect Israel at all costs; regardless if we have to bankrupt ourselves and sending our men to die for Israel. :/\\!!

I am more pissed off at the media and many Americans. They clearly saw that MSMs were pushing Ron Paul out of the media even he has a really good points to bring America back on the course. Republicans pushed him off because he didn't promised to protect Israel at all costs. That is why we had Romney, and Obama took advantage of that and walked away with a sweet victory. Many republicans used the "lesser of two evils" mentality and that brought us Democrats Presidents in many elections. They seems have a short term memories. :(

I don't really think America will last long; it is a matter of when we will see a Second Civil War. I will protect my gun right and they have to take my life first in order to take my gun. I will not comply to the Liberal's wish to impose a really high tax on my income to support their food stamp, medicare, SS, and few entitlements.

Okay, so you're mad that you didn't get your way so now you want to burn everything down.

Tchocky
03-05-13, 10:49 AM
It was definitely the Israel lobby that sank Ron Paul's candidacy.

Not the fact that nobody seemed to want to vote for him.

No sirree.

Buddahaid
03-05-13, 11:04 AM

I think if you loo back to the late sixties and the anti-war movement, you'll see what it looks like when the US population is really polarized against the government. I see nothing close to this today and it took the murder of student protesters by the National Guard to push the population over the edge then.

August
03-05-13, 11:20 AM

No sirree.

:yep:

AVGWarhawk
03-05-13, 11:59 AM
I will not comply to the Liberal's wish to impose a really high tax on my income to support their food stamp, medicare, SS, and few entitlements.

No worries. The authorities will be alone soon.

Buddahaid
03-05-13, 12:11 PM
And I refuse to pay higher taxes to support you while you serve your jail sentence for tax evasion. :O:

August
03-05-13, 12:14 PM
No worries. The authorities will be alone soon.

They just need to find someone to love and they won't be alone.

AVGWarhawk
03-05-13, 12:19 PM
And I refuse to pay higher taxes to support you while you serve your jail sentence for tax evasion. :O:

No worries. The authorities will be along. You may be his cellmate. Maybe that love thing August is talking about will come into play on cell bock H. :o:timeout::haha:

August
03-05-13, 12:21 PM
Maybe that love thing August is talking about will come into play on cell bock H. :o:timeout::haha:

Only if they are not alone... :yep:

Glock30Eric
03-05-13, 12:45 PM
Okay, so you're mad that you didn't get your way so now you want to burn everything down.

Not exactly. Do you think I am only one that is upset with where the America is going into? Do you think I would stick my head into sand and say that the America is going to be thriving? I see a huge problem in America and majority of Americans doesn't see like that. The majority of Americans' attitude is like this: "gimme gimme gimme" and they don't want to work or to be productive for America. We are falling into the Euro's style.

Do you think our founding fathers would be pleased to see something like what we are doing today? We are way outside of the US Constitutional's scope.

Our entitlements and DoD is taxing the America out of their pockets. We gotta to downsize our Gov't or we will never see our America's flag flagging again.

Glock30Eric
03-05-13, 12:48 PM

No sirree.

It is because the MSMs told the American that Ron Paul is "UNELECTABLE" and he is a loon loon; and the Americans brought that story. Sad.

Tchocky
03-05-13, 12:53 PM
It is because the MSMs told the American that Ron Paul is "UNELECTABLE" and he is a loon loon; and the Americans brought that story. Sad.

It was nothing of the sort. A report saying that Ron Paul would not fare well in a general election is telling the truth - he barely had any support in his own party!

It's comforting to think that it's all the media's fault. But that's a delusion.

Takeda Shingen
03-05-13, 12:56 PM
Not exactly. Do you think I am only one that is upset with where the America is going into? Do you think I would stick my head into sand and say that the America is going to be thriving? I see a huge problem in America and majority of Americans doesn't see like that. The majority of Americans' attitude is like this: "gimme gimme gimme" and they don't want to work or to be productive for America. We are falling into the Euro's style.

Nice fallacy. Everyone that doesn't agree with you is both a taker and an ostrich. And the spectre of those filthy, godless Europeans on top of that. No, you are not the only one that is upset with America and wants to take up arms against the government. However, you are certainly a minority, and a tiny one at that. Those people have existed since the country was founded; they were here in 1813, they are here in 2013, they will be here in 2213. Just because you are worked up doesn't mean it's the end of days.

Do you think our founding fathers would be pleased to see something like what we are doing today? We are way outside of the US Constitutional's scope.

I don't know what our founding fathers would say. Are you so sure that you do?

Our entitlements and DoD is taxing the America out of their pockets. We gotta to downsize our Gov't or we will never see our America's flag flagging again.

Again with the whole do what I say or America gets it line. So much drama.

August
03-05-13, 01:21 PM
It was nothing of the sort. A report saying that Ron Paul would not fare well in a general election is telling the truth - he barely had any support in his own party!

It's comforting to think that it's all the media's fault. But that's a delusion.

This ^

geetrue
03-05-13, 01:38 PM

This gentleman (like it or not) represents the voices of many in our country. He is not alone ... conflict could very well break out.

First among the tax payers insisting that the taxes they pay be portioned out to their individual concerns and then as they grow in numbers ... ???

Can't you guess the rest

Not that I should be labeled among them, but the unrest in this country is growing.

Listen with a practiced ear to what seems drebble, but in reality is a voice urging others to join them.

I'm not against you Glock30Eric, but I can not chose a side of rebellion.

If the people with money (and I'm talking a lot of money here) can't win enough votes then who can?

Takeda Shingen
03-05-13, 01:48 PM
This gentleman (like it or not) represents the voices of many in our country. He is not alone ... conflict could very well break out.

First among the tax payers insisting that the taxes they pay be portioned out to their individual concerns and then as they grow in numbers ... ???

Can't you guess the rest

Not that I should be labeled among them, but the unrest in this country is growing.

Listen with a practiced ear to what seems drebble, but in reality is a voice urging others to join them.

I'm not against you Glock30Eric, but I can not chose a side of rebellion.

If the people with money (and I'm talking a lot of money here) can't win enough votes then who can?

The thing about the internet is that it tends to amplify fringe views. Real life is a different matter altogether.

Hottentot
03-05-13, 01:53 PM
The majority of Americans' attitude is like this: "gimme gimme gimme" and they don't want to work or to be productive for America. We are falling into the Euro's style.

Charming. Before continuing on this tangent, I suggest taking a closer look at the map.

Glock30Eric
03-05-13, 01:58 PM
Charming. Before continuing on this tangent, I suggest taking a closer look at the map.

That is why I said the 17th amendment have sealed the America's future. The major cities all over the country took the helm of the America's direction. Imagine when a farmer decides to refuse to sell their crops to the cities because they are taxing them for their corruption practice? It happened back in the civil war. It seems that we have failed the history lessons or we were propaganda'd by the left.

Hottentot
03-05-13, 02:03 PM
That is why I said the 17th amendment have sealed the America's future. The major cities all over the country took the helm of the America's direction. Imagine when a farmer decides to refuse to sell their crops to the cities because they are taxing them for their corruption practice? It happened back in the civil war. It seems that we have failed the history lessons or we were propaganda'd by the left.

A puzzle is a problem or enigma that tests the ingenuity of the solver. In a basic puzzle, one is intended to put together pieces in a logical way in order to come up with the desired solution. Puzzles are often contrived as a form of entertainment, but they can also stem from serious mathematical or logistical problems — in such cases, their successful resolution can be a significant contribution to mathematical research.

Solutions to puzzles may require recognizing patterns and creating a particular order. People with a high inductive reasoning aptitude may be better at solving these puzzles than others. Puzzles based on the process of inquiry and discovery to complete may be solved faster by those with good deduction skills.

The first jigsaw puzzle was created around 1760, when John Spilsbury, a British engraver and mapmaker, mounted a map on a sheet of wood that he then sawed around each individual country. Spilsbury used the product to aid in teaching geography. After catching on with the wider public, this remained the primary use of jigsaw puzzles until about 1820.

By the early 20th century, magazines and newspapers found that they could increase their daily subscriptions by publishing puzzle contests. Puzzles may also include letters, numbers, shapes, and riddles.

geetrue
03-05-13, 02:04 PM
The thing about the internet is that it tends to amplify fringe views. Real life is a different matter altogether.

In real life mice do things in the dark and multiply ...

You have to listen to them to find out where they are coming from ...

Peace is their foe and anger is a spirit within their movement ...

without adding those three little letters of course that some people eat for breakfast :D

Glock30Eric
03-05-13, 02:08 PM

Right, it is because many of Americans doesn't understand how the politic process could have the impact on them. So they are careless with the current politic climate in the America (only less than 30% of Americans voted). You just need to wait until the laws hit them really bad and then they will start scream and might create a blowback against the laws. (good example with 18th and 21st amendment)

Right now, the Obamacare and tax increase are hitting them slowly. Many doctors are quitting with their practices because of the high cost to run the business. Patients will see the impact sometime in a year. The recent sequester, a possible Gov't shut down on March 28, and a potential new anti-gun law/assault weapon ban law might drive them to fight against their representatives.

Where is the "REPUBLIC" in our current Gov't? It is basically nothing. The representatives are representing for themselves. That is not the republic as we have known.

Takeda Shingen
03-05-13, 02:26 PM
Thanks to both of you for helping to prove my point.

Glock30Eric
03-05-13, 03:25 PM
A puzzle is a problem or enigma that tests the ingenuity of the solver. In a basic puzzle, one is intended to put together pieces in a logical way in order to come up with the desired solution. Puzzles are often contrived as a form of entertainment, but they can also stem from serious mathematical or logistical problems — in such cases, their successful resolution can be a significant contribution to mathematical research.

Solutions to puzzles may require recognizing patterns and creating a particular order. People with a high inductive reasoning aptitude may be better at solving these puzzles than others. Puzzles based on the process of inquiry and discovery to complete may be solved faster by those with good deduction skills.

The first jigsaw puzzle was created around 1760, when John Spilsbury, a British engraver and mapmaker, mounted a map on a sheet of wood that he then sawed around each individual country. Spilsbury used the product to aid in teaching geography. After catching on with the wider public, this remained the primary use of jigsaw puzzles until about 1820.

By the early 20th century, magazines and newspapers found that they could increase their daily subscriptions by publishing puzzle contests. Puzzles may also include letters, numbers, shapes, and riddles.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/140528/threadhijack-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/140528/threadhijack.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

yubba
03-06-13, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yietmUdqJos Poor children, disabled children of the United States, or the muslimbrotherhood who do you think will get money first ????????