PDA

View Full Version : 80 More minutes!

Mork_417
02-28-13, 06:26 PM
It's funny, i always had thought i had the long version of the movie over the years. Wasn't till a couple of weeks ago, i came across a thread here about the "mini-series" version, and I was like WHAT??? There's MORE??? :timeout:

I came home to find that I had the theatrical version at 148 minutes, and the director's cut at 208 minutes. There's 80 more minutes, oh i got to have it!!!:yep:

It finally came in today, I'm totally itching to see those 80 minutes. :D
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6793/20130228162730.jpg

Thank you Subsim for continuing to school me. :up:

Subnuts
02-28-13, 06:56 PM
I opened this thread expecting to learn that there was a 373 minute version of Das Boot coming out later this year! :haha:

Sailor Steve
02-28-13, 08:41 PM
We've talked about the miniseries version many times. I'm not sure how you missed it. Every time someone says they have the Director's Cut I always say "Really? The medium version? Now you need to see the 5-hour 'Uncut' version."

captgeo
02-28-13, 09:41 PM
Director's cut was an improvement over the original version, more indepth story line:sunny:

Sailor Steve
02-28-13, 11:44 PM
Director's cut was an improvement over the original version, more indepth story line:sunny:
And the Uncut version was that much more so than the Director's Cut.

Herr-Berbunch
03-01-13, 02:51 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about SH3 load times.

Mork_417
03-01-13, 02:59 AM
We've talked about the miniseries version many times. I'm not sure how you missed it.

I've been gone for like six years, I'm still doing catch up reading. :dead:

:har: Although, now that you mention it, my PC is old as dirt. :oops:

Mork_417
03-05-13, 06:37 AM
Well, been watching the mini-series version off & on over the weekend, whenever i could squeeze it in. I still have 106 minutes left, and all i can say is it's AWESOME!! I mean, it is like watching a whole new story. :up:

Red October1984
03-05-13, 07:29 AM

Haha! My load times are only bad when you load up career. They go pretty fast for Single Missions. Career Patrols take 5-8 Minutes. :)

Jimbuna
03-05-13, 01:17 PM
It's funny, i always had thought i had the long version of the movie over the years. Wasn't till a couple of weeks ago, i came across a thread here about the "mini-series" version, and I was like WHAT??? There's MORE??? :timeout:

I came home to find that I had the theatrical version at 148 minutes, and the director's cut at 208 minutes. There's 80 more minutes, oh i got to have it!!!:yep:

It finally came in today, I'm totally itching to see those 80 minutes. :D

Thank you Subsim for continuing to school me. :up:

IMHO the one on the right (4hr 42mins) is the only version worth viewing.

Sailor Steve
03-05-13, 03:06 PM
Well, been watching the mini-series version off & on over the weekend, whenever i could squeeze it in. I still have 106 minutes left, and all i can say is it's AWESOME!! I mean, it is like watching a whole new story. :up:
Yes it is. Certain characters, like the 'nazi' 1WO, are much more lifelike, and the long scenes of boredom are actualy not boring. :sunny:

Mork_417
03-06-13, 02:47 AM
IMHO the one on the right (4hr 42mins) is the only version worth viewing.

Yeah, now that I've seen it, I don't see me watching the other two again. Probably will sell the other two in a yard sale or something.

Yes it is. Certain characters, like the 'nazi' 1WO, are much more lifelike, and the long scenes of boredom are actualy not boring. :sunny:

I finished it this morning, and could not agree with you more. :up:

Cybermat47
03-06-13, 02:49 AM
I'm getting the uncut version, should arrive soon. But I'll always have the directors cut on my iPad.