PDA

View Full Version : Rocket From Gaza Hits Israel, Breaking Cease-Fire

Gerald
02-26-13, 11:58 AM
JERUSALEM — For the first time in more than three months, at least one rocket fired from the Gaza Strip landed in southern Israel early on Tuesday morning, according to Israeli authorities, breaking a cease-fire that had been in place after eight days of intense violence between Israel and Gaza last fall.

The Israeli police and military reported that a single Grad rocket landed in a road outside the city of Ashkelon, causing damage but no injuries.

A subgroup of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, the military wing of the Palestinians’ Fatah faction, said in an e-mailed statement that it had fired the rocket in “an initial natural response to the assassination of prisoner Arafat Jaradat,” a 30-year-old Palestinian who died in an Israeli jail on Saturday. The statement also said that Palestinians “should resist their enemy with all available means.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/27/world/middleeast/rocket-from-gaza-hits-israel-breaking-cease-fire.html?hp&_r=0

It's been quiet for a while now, hoping that this was a "one-off process" :hmm2:

Note: February 26, 2013

TLAM Strike
02-26-13, 12:48 PM
The Israeli police and military reported that a single Grad rocket landed in a road outside the city of Ashkelon, causing damage but no injuries.I can imagine Palestinian TV tonight praising Allah for allowing their rocket to destroy the evil Zonist asphalt.

nikimcbee
02-26-13, 02:53 PM
I don't know if side A launching a rocket at side B or vice versa counts as news anymore.

Also includes anything by North Korea.:doh:

Tribesman
02-26-13, 03:04 PM
Rocket From Gaza Hits Israel, Breaking Cease-Fire

Just for balance on the "cease fire" from the other side.
60 shooting incidents and a dozen military incursions into Gaza resulting in 4 fatalities with 90 injured.

So all in all a very quiet 3 months

Jimbuna
02-26-13, 03:08 PM
I don't know if side A launching a rocket at side B or vice versa counts as news anymore.

Also includes anything by North Korea.:doh:

It certainly does to the OP :03:

Just for balance on the "cease fire" from the other side.
60 shooting incidents and a dozen military incursions into Gaza resulting in 4 fatalities with 90 injured.

So all in all a very quiet 3 months

No change there then.