PDA

View Full Version : Cannot award u-boat clasp

Blaydon
02-25-13, 12:50 PM
I have been assigned 7 to award plus some other awards which i was able to dish out. Unfortunately every time i try to give one it says you must complete a patrol. My crew has completed two when I click on the name of the award all the eligible candidates get highlighted but I cannot give them.

Sorry if this has been asked before, using GWX 3.0 Gold. :k_confused:

Sailor Steve
02-25-13, 01:14 PM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

Use SH3 Commander. It lets you give out all the medals and awards you want.

Pisces
02-25-13, 02:20 PM
Maybe I am on a wrong path, but could it be that you are only in a friendly port. And not in your true home base?

Blaydon
02-25-13, 02:31 PM
Back in Wilhelmshafen where I started and mission orders told me to return.

Cannot find a good link for commander both of those on the thread are non functional. Can anyone point me to a good download location?

TwoGamers
02-25-13, 03:39 PM
Here: http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?topic=103.0

Pisces
02-25-13, 03:51 PM
Back in Wilhelmshafen where I started and mission orders told me to return.

Cannot find a good link for commander both of those on the thread are non functional. Can anyone point me to a good download location?Top menubar of the forum, second link: Downloads, then Silent Hunter 3 in the list, SH3 Commander is at the top there.

P.S. Don't forget the config files that need to be extracted into the SH3 Commander folder.

Sailor Steve
02-25-13, 05:29 PM
Direct link:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2923

u crank
02-25-13, 05:36 PM
Welcome to SubSim Blaydon. :salute:

SH3 Commander is a must have or at least must check out mod. :up:

Blaydon
02-25-13, 05:38 PM
Many thanks found it on one of the links from the GWX website installed and worked a treat my men are all clasped up only awarded what I was credited though, figure awards should be hard to come by to mean something.

Really enjoying the game into Patrol 3 now with 102,126t to my credit so far.

How do any of you run it, I use 1 torpedo for 3-5000t, 2 for 10000t etc and if they don't seem to be sinking i give them a quick taste of the gun if possible.

Although in rough weather I have had to use 2 torpedoes on a 2500t small merchant, those little guys just don't seem to want to sink. I mean something that small should just about vaporize plenty of stories of destroyers at 1500t going down in minutes broken in two from one torp.

HW3
02-25-13, 11:01 PM
On the little guys, put one under the forward mast, they will go down shortly afterwards due to flooding.:yep:

:subsim:

Gustav Schiebert
02-26-13, 03:35 PM
Many thanks found it on one of the links from the GWX website installed and worked a treat my men are all clasped up only awarded what I was credited though, figure awards should be hard to come by to mean something.

Really enjoying the game into Patrol 3 now with 102,126t to my credit so far.

How do any of you run it, I use 1 torpedo for 3-5000t, 2 for 10000t etc and if they don't seem to be sinking i give them a quick taste of the gun if possible.

Although in rough weather I have had to use 2 torpedoes on a 2500t small merchant, those little guys just don't seem to want to sink. I mean something that small should just about vaporize plenty of stories of destroyers at 1500t going down in minutes broken in two from one torp.

Generally one torpedo per 2,500 GRT for me, with a maximum of three per target. That's a lot, but often you don't get to hang around for the coup-de-grace if you're convoy hunting so I play it safe. Better to sink little than damage lots!

Of course, if it's an isolated ship I only ever fire one at a time and wait to see if it sinks. Also the deck gun is an early war option.

Destroyers, despite having slightly over than half of the tonnage of the smaller merchant ships, don't require half the 'damage' to sink. Destroyers are very narrow-hulled for speed and one eel is almost always enough to instantly sink it (as in real life - any hit more than two-thirds forward would usually take the bows off completely). That's one of the many aspects of real life that SHIII + various mods model very well.

Good hunting! :arrgh!: