PDA

View Full Version : Arming U-boat?

mj3437
02-24-13, 03:00 AM
Do you have to arm the boat before leaving on new mission? I just left Wilhelmshaven a couple days ago to patrol grid AN13 and came across a lone British merchant. My single torpedo badly damaged but did not sink it. I surfaced intending to finish him with my deck gun, but find out I have no ammo for it.:oops: Do you have to specify what you want loaded on your boat or did the shore crew forget?
Thanks,
MJ

TwoGamers
02-24-13, 03:28 AM
GWX or vanilla? It's never happened to me so this first time just assume you have a useless shore crew but if it happens again then it's a bug.:yeah:

sublynx
02-24-13, 03:46 AM
The ammo is loaded automatically in port, but the deck gun itself is not loaded initially. Click the picture of the shell while in deck gun view and it starts loading.

HW3
02-24-13, 10:24 AM
Deckgun

Vanilla - it is loaded already.
GWX - you have to load it first by clicking on the shell like sublynx said.

:subsim:

mj3437
02-24-13, 11:03 AM
Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, it was late when I finally tore myself away last night. I am running GWX and indeed I had to click the shell to load the gun. Thanks everyone and I'm sure you will hear from me again:salute:
MJ

HW3
02-24-13, 02:05 PM
We will do our best to help you when the time comes.:salute:

Gargamel
02-24-13, 05:54 PM
RTFM.

They wrote that huge manual for a reason, most GWX issues can be resolved by reading it.......

Feuer Frei!
02-24-13, 08:07 PM
RTFM.

They wrote that huge manual for a reason, most GWX issues can be resolved by reading it.......
Why read that f'in huge manual when you can just get help by the awesome Subsim community? (:O:)
Although not joking about the helpful nature of Subsim community. 10/10 for that. :yeah:

Gargamel
02-24-13, 08:18 PM
But why make those overly helpful souls retype what they have already once written down, published, and packaged with their mod for your enjoyment?

I read that manual cover to cover because it is one of the best game/mod manuals ever written.

The technical references in it are worth the read alone.

mj3437
02-25-13, 02:11 AM
Excuse me for the question Gargamel, but I have limited time to sim so I post questions before retiring at night (often time waay too late) and hope to have an answer next chance I have to play. I have been RTFM but had not seen that particular point. Next question I have I'll spend a bit of time looking for an answer.
Good night
MJ

HW3
02-25-13, 09:09 AM
MJ, feel free to post your questions here, we'll answer them.:yep:

Gargamel
02-27-13, 11:45 PM
Not being snippy about your question, thats what the forums are here for. We're more than willing to help out fellow Kaleuns.

But the forums, via the GWX team, have also provided you the answer in written form already.

The Forums also have a search feature, perfect for finding threads that have been reposted ad naseum.