PDA

View Full Version : 3 sisters raped and murdered

eddie
02-22-13, 01:15 PM
As horrific as that sounds, the ages of these young girls will turn your stomach. My god, they were only 7,9 and 11 years old. What kind of sick animal would go after someone so young?:nope:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/22/17056657-india-reeling-after-rape-and-murder-of-3-young-sisters?lite

Armistead
02-22-13, 01:39 PM
Women have little rights in India, but I hope they find the creeps.

GT182
02-22-13, 01:49 PM
Women have little rights in India, but I hope they find the creeps.

And cut off the offending member. Sick isn't the word for these animals.... whether or not it happened in India.

Red October1984
02-22-13, 02:06 PM
This is just horrible... :nope:

Humans can be just terrible sometimes. Sometimes we need the "eye for an eye" law.

If you rape and murder 3 girls...well...I see the death penalty in your future.

AVGWarhawk
02-22-13, 02:12 PM
Sad day for humanity. One step forward...six steps back.

August
02-22-13, 02:39 PM
It happens here too :nope::

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/02/boy_my_dad_is_dying

Cybermat47
02-22-13, 04:58 PM
Disgusting :nope:

soopaman2
02-22-13, 05:04 PM
Advocating for an on the spot execution would be un-American.

But turning a blind eye should it happen, is only human.

Get my drift?

Feuer Frei!
02-22-13, 05:55 PM
My god, they were only 7,9 and 11 years old.
Doesn't matter what age a person is, the nature of the crime is abhorrant, any way you look at it. Because someone is young(er) in age should not be a 'shock' tactic in reporting news of rape, or indeed crimes of any nature towards a person. I'm not having a go at you but just stating that the media is what it is, and it reports with a mind to shock the public. I can bet that crimes of similar nature will not get the exposure as what crimes involving young(er) people do. Now before you all jump down my throat, i totally and utterly am disgusted by this news, as a father even moreso. I have a daughter who is aged 9, and to think something like that happening to my little girl is just....well.
May they catch up to whoever is responsible for this and exact justice, not in a courtroom but a public lynching would perhaps be a fitting finale to this scum.
In summary, i agree that the worst crime anyone can commit is against children, however it just bugs me that if, and i have to be careful here, if a person or adult, who was let's say 40, was raped and murdered, would the 'shock' value be as high as that of this story for instance?
The 'shock' value would be there of course but i can guarantee that it would not be as escalated and as abhorrant as what this case is.
That's human nature though. We have been conditioned by the media that some crimes are more abhorrant than others.
Bugs me that.
I guess what i'm saying is that the age comment just rubbed me up the wrong way and in no way do i condone or think that crimes against children are any less abhorrant than those dished out to adults. Quiete the opposite.

Humans can be just terrible sometimes Sometimes? A lot more than that. Sometimes we need the "eye for an eye" law
Moreoften than sometimes, i would wager.

Sad day for humanity.
Another sad day. And there have been too many.

Nope, it would be considered in-humane. Apparently.
And against God's will. (Not my beliefs).

Cybermat47
02-22-13, 05:57 PM

But turning a blind eye should it happen, is only human.

Get my drift?

A death scentence is too kind for these creeps.

Skybird
02-22-13, 06:27 PM
Not the first case and not the last in a long chain of accordingly disgusting incidents in India. It has been like that since always, but the media just recently started to globally pick up the story. Not long ago another small girl was raped and thrown away on a garage disposal place.

As said, many such stories form India.

I do not believe that those creatures oing that can be tackled by education or retraining. That may work with those who are young today, and still can be formed - MAYBE it works, and with SOME: but I will never again generalise such hopeful assumptions. But the older ones committing these acts and living a culture where such acts are seen as acceptable - shoot their heads off on first sight, I say. Its the only way to keep the barbary coming from their "culture" in some kind of minimum containment. If the young ones shopuld be the hope of the future, they need a chance to be that - and that means the old ones have to go away.

But the Curry and Tandoori Melanges imported by Sharwood are first class. I could bath in that stuff. :)

Jimbuna
02-22-13, 07:02 PM
The world can be such a sick place at times :nope:

swamprat69er
02-22-13, 07:39 PM
Who ever did this is one sick puppy!

Platapus
02-22-13, 08:07 PM
I am never surprised at the depths that humans can sink. Disgusted, angry, and often confused, but never surprised. :nope:

Jimbuna
02-22-13, 08:21 PM
Rgr that :yep:

Armistead
02-22-13, 10:05 PM
What's sad are the 1000's of rape cases in the US where the guy is out of jail in a year or so and does it again. Had a story on the news not long ago, guy convicted of rape twice, out of jail in two years and arrested in one week for raping a 12 year old... I say we cut their nuts off, but that would be wrong.....geesh.

Years ago we had several rapes at a local college. Took them forever to figure it out. We were all shocked when they caught him, he worked same place I did. He had a great family, educated, acted religious....I would've never guessed him. Hope he's still enjoying Bubba in jail.

Feuer Frei!
02-22-13, 10:51 PM
Snip.
Nothing surprising. Sad? Yes. Surprising? Not one iota.
I have zero faith in the justice system. Haven't had any for many many years.
So we blame the repeat offender for doing it again? Or do we blame the justice system? Lock them up for a few years first offense, let them out after 1 year good behaviour (parole), offender repeats offense(s), often similar crime(s) to the first offense(s), offender gets caught, a slightly heavier sentence is dished out( heavier=2 to 4 years added to original sentence, often a good to very good chance of parole(again).....
So, it's pretty clear that, if we ONLY concentrate on these 2 subjects, if i can call them, then the justice system is to blame, NOT the offender(repeat).
Of course if you look beyond these 2 then there are a raft of other 'solutions' to preventing repeat offenses or even stopping offenses alltogether.
The ball's in your court(pun intended) Justice system. It has been for a long time. Seems like you've dropped the ball far too often.

Platapus
02-23-13, 12:45 PM
I do not understand the mindset of considering someone who would rape a child NOT being a threat to our society in general. There are exactly the people who need to be either removed or isolated from society.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/html/cjusew96/ts.cfm

While the last datapoint is 1996, it shows that the average (a value that is not really that valuable) time served for rape (all ages) is 5 years.... that's how long a car loan is.

My worthless opinion is that the justice system needs to reevaluate its priorities. Criminals that pose the greatest direct threat are the ones that need to be removed or isolated from society.

In the US (and I am sure in other countries) we don't always follow that. Criminals dealing drugs can serve much longer sentences than people who rape and murder. Not saying that drug dealers should not be punished (they need to be), but should they be punished more than murders or rapists?

From the viewpoint of protecting our societies, that simply does not make sense... at least not to me.

Can there be any justification for allowing someone who would rape and murder children to be reentered into our society? I honestly don't think so.

If the issue is prison over crowding then there are two solutions

1. Build more prisons
2. or better yet, re-look at the priority we seem to place on which criminal serves which sentence.

I believe that starts with an objective evaluation on which types of criminals pose the greatest threat to our society and sentence them accordingly.

By definition all crimes are bad, and all criminals are naughty. But not all crimes and not all criminals pose an equal continued threat to society if they are integrated in society.

Armistead
02-23-13, 02:14 PM
Not only that, but about 70% of these criminals released go out and commit the same crime.

We need to find an island far out, place them on it, give them some seeds and let them work their issues out with each other, but of course that would be wrong.

swamprat69er
02-23-13, 08:35 PM
Not only that, but about 70% of these criminals released go out and commit the same crime.

We need to find an island far out, place them on it, give them some seeds and let them work their issues out with each other, but of course that would be wrong.

The U.S. had a island bucket. They closed it.

Jimbuna
02-24-13, 07:41 AM
Bikini Atoll springs to mind :hmm2:

swamprat69er
02-24-13, 08:07 AM
I was thinking more of Alcatraz. It's already built (scumbags like them don't need any fancy schmancy bucket) and the sharks can be the guards.

Feuer Frei!
02-24-13, 08:19 AM
Problem is with Alcatraz: they might escape. And we wouldn't want scumbags like that to escape now, would we?

swamprat69er
02-24-13, 08:27 AM
If they were to be shipped off to Bikini Atoll, there would have to be a building to house them. The building is already in place at Alcatraz.
Why spend any more money on them?
Better yet, hang them. Convicted of raping little girls, hanging. Rope is cheap.

Jimbuna
02-24-13, 08:59 AM
I was thinking in terms of the Atoll being linked with nuclear testing.

swamprat69er
02-24-13, 09:17 AM
If the sharks didn't get them, then the radioactivity would.