PDA

View Full Version : Texas

Kapitan
02-17-13, 02:47 PM
Recently went to see a friend who lives in San Antonio Texas had a wonderful time while out there even went on board one of the carriers of course not an active one but the USS Lexington which is now in corpus Christi.

Now I did have a quick scoot around her which was nice and some of the things they have on her are worth paying the $14.50 for well the whole thing is worth it for that price!

now I visited the ship close to my last days in texas when I was also told of another ship up the road which is WW1 vintage the USS Texas I didn't get a chance to see her but im hoping to be going back to texas again in December so I shall be visiting it.

Once I figure out how to get the picture off my phone and onto this here computer il upload them please bear with me :D W.I.P

Red October1984
02-17-13, 03:15 PM
Cool! I'm hoping to see the Battleship USS North Carolina this summer.

I've been to the U-505 but that was a while back.

Sailor Steve
02-17-13, 04:03 PM
now I visited the ship close to my last days in texas when I was also told of another ship up the road which is WW1 vintage the USS Texas I didn't get a chance to see her but im hoping to be going back to texas again in December so I shall be visiting it.
Before you do, PM Onkel Neal. He lives near there. If it suits him you'll get a custom visit plus getting to meet Mr Subsim in your very own mini-meet!

Starting on this page you can see our 2008 visit to Texas.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=129586&page=48

Sailor Steve
02-17-13, 04:08 PM
I've been to the U-505 but that was a while back.
Same here. My "awhile back" was 1962. :dead:

razark
02-17-13, 04:21 PM
Don't forget to make a quick trip down to Galveston to visit the Cavalla, as well. How many museum ships have an enemy aircraft carrier to their credit?

Madox58
02-17-13, 04:24 PM
Visited the USS Texas twice.
(I SWEAR We did not touch nothing the last time to cause the list!)

USS Cavalla and USS Stewart last Easter weekend.

U-505 just a few months ago.

The USS Kidd about a year ago.

And the freighter Col. James M. Schoonmaker last summer.

Also rode on a WWII DUKW up in Wisconsin last August.

Sailor Steve
02-17-13, 04:54 PM
I paid an extended visit to USS Brinkley Bass, along with an all-expenses-paid tour of sunny Vietnam, but that was 43 years ago, and I didn't get a lot of say in the matter. :rotfl2: :dead:

vienna
02-17-13, 05:08 PM
I paid an extended visit to USS Brinkley Bass, along with an all-expenses-paid tour of sunny Vietnam, but that was 43 years ago, and I didn't get a lot of say in the matter.

Could have been worse, Steve: it could have been a Carnival cruise ship... :)

<O>

Jimbuna
02-17-13, 06:46 PM
I paid an extended visit to USS Brinkley Bass, along with an all-expenses-paid tour of sunny Vietnam, but that was 43 years ago, and I didn't get a lot of say in the matter. :rotfl2: :dead:

LOL :)

Visited the USS Texas whilst attending the 2008 SubSim Meet and can thoroughly recommend it.

Onkel Neal
02-17-13, 07:03 PM
Recently went to see a friend who lives in San Antonio Texas had a wonderful time while out there even went on board one of the carriers of course not an active one but the USS Lexington which is now in corpus Christi.

Now I did have a quick scoot around her which was nice and some of the things they have on her are worth paying the $14.50 for well the whole thing is worth it for that price!

Once I figure out how to get the picture off my phone and onto this here computer il upload them please bear with me :D W.I.P

Yeah, we'll have another Houston Subsim meeting someday (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=129586&page=43), and Battleship Texas will be on the agenda.

Onkel Neal
02-17-13, 07:04 PM
Don't forget to make a quick trip down to Galveston to visit the Cavalla, as well. How many museum ships have an enemy aircraft carrier to their credit?

:up::up::up::up:

nikimcbee
02-17-13, 08:24 PM
Subsim meeting someday,

Please define time period.:hmm2:

http://www.ballardian.com/images/statue_planet.jpg