PDA

View Full Version : A Few more Questions

SNAKE1937
02-17-13, 10:14 AM
I just removed SH3 and the older GWX ( very carefully per your instructions ) and plan to get back in the game soon. BUT FIRST a few ???

First off, I am using a new "gaming computer" running Win 7 Home Premium, and have a 24" Dell screen that loves 1900 X 1200 resolution.

1. Years ago, the save issue was a bummer. Whole patrols were lost.
I came up with a solution of using several false save a few minunits apart ( ie: the real save "convoy" followed by XX, then YY , and last ZZ )
Often the ZZ would not load so I got in the habit of just loading XX which put me only a few moments in real game time after Convoy -- and all was good and back in to the action I went. In SH4, over writing a save was a No no and I plan to never over write in SH3. BUT I noticed the saves are always there above in my last patrol. How can they be deleted so has to not have some of there saves a few patrols over written. Or is this a Non- Issue?

2. I bought the newer non SF involved SH3 along with SH2 as a single pack from amazon ( per your web link ) and it works fine except I am forced to reduce my resolution down to 1028 X 800 (or some thing like that). How do I get the resolution back up to some higher numbers. And on the old SH3 disk with SF ( using Win XP ( I use 1900 X 1200 ) and the oval periscope was not a problum.

3. Does the JSGME package come with GWX3 download.
And where are the instructions of how to unstall and oporate the JSGME?

Please be Very Precise and Accurate in your responces. I am almost 76 years old and not a computer GURU. So some of the stuff you do and know within a computer is unknowen to me.

Thank You, SNAKE1937:subsim:

VONHARRIS
02-17-13, 11:37 AM
I will to answer your questions

1. Previous saves can NOT be deleted in SH3. Doing so , will delete all saves after this one.

2. There is somewhere a hi-res fix but I don't know where. Not much of a help here.

3. Yes , JSGME package comes with GWX3 download and you can download the latest version by clicking here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3792

I hope that helped Sir.