PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Historical Battles

bmwagner
02-15-13, 10:37 PM
Hi,

Do any of the mods out there deal with accurate ship movements during the major naval battles and island landings. Using reference charts I tried to get involved in several major battles including several of the Java Sea battle. With the German campaign I went to Okinawa during the massive invasion and only found 3 merchant ships there. Solomon Islands I struck out.

Sorry I was so long winded but I'd like to find a historically accurate battle campaign.

One last question, where do you get the nav map with the unit conversions on it?

Thanks,

TorpX
02-15-13, 11:52 PM
Welcome Aboard! :salute:

The mod you want is RSRDC. It scripts traffic and task force movements into a historical campaign. There is a version for vanilla, RFB, and TMO. You must use the correct version for your mod set up. However, there are limits to what can be accomplished in the game; battles are not scripted in the sense that this allied ship encountered that axis ship and sank it here, in historical, realistic fashion. Keep in mind, SH4 is a submarine game.

Gerald
02-16-13, 04:47 AM
:up:

bmwagner
02-16-13, 11:36 AM
Thanks for letting me know that RSRDC is what I was looking for. I've been reading about RFB and TMO and I'm still not sure what their overall goal is since all of the recent posts are patches.

If I understand it RFB attempts to make everything historically accurate from the simulation side of things. I'm not sure what the overall goal of TMO is. I know a lot of people like it.

I downloaded JGMSE and improved stock enviroment along with Webster's Mods and NMMO.

Thanks again for the help and for saying hello.

Brian

Jimbuna
02-16-13, 12:09 PM
Thanks for letting me know that RSRDC is what I was looking for. I've been reading about RFB and TMO and I'm still not sure what their overall goal is since all of the recent posts are patches.

If I understand it RFB attempts to make everything historically accurate from the simulation side of things. I'm not sure what the overall goal of TMO is. I know a lot of people like it.

I downloaded JGMSE and improved stock enviroment along with Webster's Mods and NMMO.

Thanks again for the help and for saying hello.

Brian

http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/welcome.gif

Sailor Steve
02-16-13, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure what the overall goal of TMO is. I know a lot of people like it.
The goal of TMO is to make the player's experience more accurate. The premise is that if everything is exactly as it was then the player has foreknowledge and can act accordingly. Some things are tougher, especially some elite-class destroyers. Some things are just different.

Webster
02-16-13, 12:25 PM

TMO takes a different tact then RFB and it attempts to make everything historically accurate from the player experience when playing. this means its design to make you follow a more realistic tactics and playing style as they did in real life where with RFB it goes for realistic settings and "facts" but is more concentrated on settings then player experience so with RFB you dont need to follow realistic strategy and tactics the same way TMO makes you do.

both are great mods but the difference is TMO is geared to a more realistic player experience and RFB is geared to more realistic settings and details

fireftr18
02-16-13, 03:40 PM
bmwagner, Welcome aboard. Now swab the deck! The one outside that the gun sits on.