PDA

View Full Version : Why are all my crosshairs off the left?

fastfed
02-15-13, 03:30 PM
I finally got the FM interiors to work after installing the 4gb patch.. (AWESOME WORK, SO AWESOME)

but I noticed my crosshair for my attack scope was off way to the left, no biggie I thought until I realized my deck gun was also way off..

Anyone know whats going on?

THANKS!

fastfed
02-15-13, 07:03 PM
ttt

fitzcarraldo
02-15-13, 07:39 PM
I finally got the FM interiors to work after installing the 4gb patch.. (AWESOME WORK, SO AWESOME)

but I noticed my crosshair for my attack scope was off way to the left, no biggie I thought until I realized my deck gun was also way off..

Anyone know whats going on?

THANKS!

What GUI use you? There are fixes mods for GUIs, for example, the FM Interiors fix for MaGUI, included in MaGUI UI. You need - really need - one of the fixes, applied after FM interiors and the GUI.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fastfed
02-15-13, 10:34 PM
What GUI use you? There are fixes mods for GUIs, for example, the FM Interiors fix for MaGUI, included in MaGUI UI. You need - really need - one of the fixes, applied after FM interiors and the GUI.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Been playing SHIII since the beginning and I'm embarrassed to say, I don't know what you mean by GUI

are you talking about the interface ? where you select depth and speed and such?

if so, I use the stock GWX one, but I would LOVE to get a better more popular one.

Whats the best one? or most popular to get?

Thanks

benitorios
02-16-13, 12:20 AM
GUI stands for Graphical User Interface, so yes pretty much everything you see on screen and that lets you interact with the sim, not just the TDC and periscope screens.

As fitzcarraldo mentioned, the interiors mod may have some side effect on parts of the GUI, so that you need to apply a fix on top of it. That fix needs to be activated after you apply the FM interiors mod. Personally I don't use that mod, but I would venture to say the fix files can be found in the downloads section. If not, I'm sure someone else more familiar with this mod will be helping shortly :03:

As to what GUI to use, it's really a matter of taste and the kind of realism, look & feel, etc. you want for your sim experience. I have been using MaGUI Final for a year now and love it. I used the OLC GUI before it, and that was really nice as well. Both can be applied on top of GWX3; by "both", i mean they both work, but you cannot have them both running, it's one or the other.

VONHARRIS
02-16-13, 12:24 AM
Yes , GUI is the interface.

Are you using sh3 commander with the sabotage and mulfunction option enabled?
If yes , then your crosshairs are useless for this patrol. It is a "in game" mulfuction. Other random staff that can happen : engine failure , flaks jamming etc.
It is up you , the Kaluen , to decide if you want to abort or not your patrol.

Gustav Schiebert
02-16-13, 04:37 AM
I use OLC and not sure why, but only Option 2 works for me. Otherwise my periscopes are set off about 10 degrees to port, making torpedoing useless.

Recently I tried installing a mod (one of the depth charge shake ones I think) and it went back to offset 'scopes, and I couldn't fix it. I'm no mod expert at all but I just tried uninstalling EVERYTHING and then adding GWX, then OLC, then my sound mods. I lost a lot of the extra bits I've installed but the stability is much better now.