Carrollsue
02-14-13, 07:30 AM
Wish all a wonderful Valentine’s day:yeah::D

fireftr18
02-14-13, 08:01 AM
Happy V-day to you too.:sunny:

Arlo
02-14-13, 10:48 AM
Happy Valentine's Day, all. Hope everyone here finds what I was lucky enough to find just a tad more than 3 yrs back.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qNCO_YzAX2s/TVhZbXGNkVI/AAAAAAAAA74/szrjZsahid0/s1600/animal-picture-flamingo-Kjunstorm.jpg

CapnScurvy
02-14-13, 11:54 AM
Thank you Carrollsue, and the same to you as well.

I've been lucky to share with my highschool sweetheart the last 43 Valentines Days (40 of them married next month). So I think I'll keep my nose out of the computer screen today for a change!! :woot:

Armistead
02-14-13, 03:29 PM
Thank you Carrollsue, and the same to you as well.

I've been lucky to share with my highschool sweetheart the last 43 Valentines Days (40 of them married next month). So I think I'll keep my nose out of the computer screen today for a change!! :woot:

Good 4 you......:yeah:

Red October1984
02-14-13, 05:25 PM
Happy Valentine's Day, all. Hope everyone here finds what I was lucky enough to find just a tad more than 3 yrs back.

I was shot down today...

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1623/shotdown.jpg

I wish I was lucky...but this is how it is for me...

Look up Story of My Life by Smash Mouth on Youtube and you will find a perfect description of me.

fireftr18
02-14-13, 11:36 PM
http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r496/fireftr18/FireHeart_zpsde507217.jpg

Red October1984
02-14-13, 11:41 PM
http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r496/fireftr18/FireHeart_zpsde507217.jpg

Is that some kind of sick joke? :timeout: :wah:

:O:

Cybermat47
02-14-13, 11:50 PM
There's a girl I fancy at school. I asked her out last week :oops: got turned down, but not in a "Stay-Away-From-Me-You-Creep" way, more like a "Maybe-Later" way! :D :woot:

Got teased somewhat on V-day because of it :dead:

CCIP
02-15-13, 12:16 AM
There's a girl I fancy at school. I asked her out last week :oops: got turned down, but not in a "Stay-Away-From-Me-You-Creep" way, more like a "Maybe-Later" way! :D :woot:

Got teased somewhat on V-day because of it :dead:

Haha, aw, I feel for you bro.

I confessed to a crush today, too. She shot me down very gently, and I guess also a "Maybe-Later" way. Life happens, just stick with it. :know:

Hope most of you have had a better vday than me though :up:

Cybermat47
02-15-13, 02:09 AM
Life happens, just stick with it. :know:

I'm definitely going to do that! She doesn't seem to mind when I sit near her though :arrgh!:

Red October1984
02-15-13, 07:09 AM
I'm definitely going to do that! She doesn't seem to mind when I sit near her though :arrgh!:

It happens....

So far, I'm in the same situation....but I have yet to go to school today...anything could happen i guess.

I've already labeled today as the "Walk of Shame" cause I won't hear the end of this for a while. People at my school really like to gossip....The school probably knew about it before I did... They also like to point out everything I do wrong or screw up or doesn't work. :shifty:

At least I'm not the only one...this girl pretty much said "I like you, but not in that way." and let me down easy but it still doesn't make it any better or worse. Maybe I'll try again in a few months... :cool:

fireftr18
02-15-13, 07:42 AM
Is that some kind of sick joke? :timeout: :wah:

:O:

I don't understand :06:

Onkel Neal
02-15-13, 09:11 AM
Wish all a wonderful Valentine’s day:yeah::D

You too, thanks! :/\\k:

Arlo
02-15-13, 12:49 PM
Never surrender .. errr ... never give up! True love can happen anytime. I'm not talkin about mere attraction. I'm talkin about lifetime satisfaction. I'm on my second and final marriage. Met her when I was 47. This is her second and final marriage, as well.

Compatibility. We're alike in many ways. And being 'madly' in love for 3 yrs (and counting) doesn't hurt.

Ok, I know what yer sayin' ... nobody who hasn't found theirs yet wants those who have rubbing it in their face. My apologies if this came across that way but it wasn't my point. My point is, the path to your true love is likely littered with broken hearts ... your and theirs. Frankly, I had a friend once tell me I was lucky to have had so many (he was still lookin' for his first ... then). I was bout to give up what I was beginning to brand as a unique kind of crazy (the better they looked the more devious and cruel they seemed) when I met my wife. She was about to give it up, as well (gee, is there an honest guy in the bunch?).

We met online ... not in a pub or party. Lived just across the airport from another. 47 years to find my soulmate. Twas worth it.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa433/arloguh03/Me%20and%20fam/me_and_kelly_wedding_day.jpg

fireftr18
02-15-13, 02:43 PM
Congratulations Arlo! :up: :)

Sailor Steve
02-15-13, 02:50 PM
Ok, I know what yer sayin' ... nobody who hasn't found theirs yet wants those who have rubbing it in their face.
Proclaiming that it happened is a far cry "rubbing it in their face". I am extremely happy for you. :rock:

Red October1984
02-15-13, 06:05 PM
Well, I was right. It was awkward today.

This girl seemed to avoid talking to me... :shifty:

I seem to have failed yet again...

This is the second time in a month I've been shot down. :wah:

Carrollsue
02-15-13, 07:11 PM
Red October, don't worry ,shipmate when the right one comes along you'll know it. Don't thank so all have to is scroll down and I can see at least two that fit that and I know, that just out of this web site there there must be hundreds more. :salute::up::D:D

Carrollsue
02-15-13, 07:17 PM
Never surrender .. errr ... never give up! True love can happen anytime. I'm not talkin about mere attraction. I'm talkin about lifetime satisfaction. I'm on my second and final marriage. Met her when I was 47. This is her second and final marriage, as well.

Compatibility. We're alike in many ways. And being 'madly' in love for 3 yrs (and counting) doesn't hurt.

Ok, I know what yer sayin' ... nobody who hasn't found theirs yet wants those who have rubbing it in their face. My apologies if this came across that way but it wasn't my point. My point is, the path to your true love is likely littered with broken hearts ... your and theirs. Frankly, I had a friend once tell me I was lucky to have had so many (he was still lookin' for his first ... then). I was bout to give up what I was beginning to brand as a unique kind of crazy (the better they looked the more devious and cruel they seemed) when I met my wife. She was about to give it up, as well (gee, is there an honest guy in the bunch?).

We met online ... not in a pub or party. Lived just across the airport from another. 47 years to find my soulmate. Twas worth it.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa433/arloguh03/Me%20and%20fam/me_and_kelly_wedding_day.jpg

That has to be one of the most Perfect wedding picture I have every every seen!! It SHOW it ALL!!!! You are a very lucky couple and I wish you you heart full, with just one more drop to make sure!!!:woot::yeah::salute::sunny::sunny:

Red October1984
02-15-13, 07:25 PM
Red October, don't worry ,shipmate when the right one comes along you'll know it. Don't thank so all have to is scroll down and I can see at least two that fit that and I know, that just out of this web site there there must be hundreds more. :salute::up::D:D

I am going to work on this girl and try again in a few months...see If I can't get a different answer...

Armistead
02-15-13, 07:38 PM
I am going to work on this girl and try again in a few months...see If I can't get a different answer...

I'm sure Dr. Steve could help you...

Red October1984
02-15-13, 07:55 PM
I'm sure Dr. Steve could help you...

I'm also sure that I can mess up my life all by myself if I tried hard enough. :dead: :)

I'm sorry Armistead...you tried but I think I won't follow that advice.

Sailor Steve
02-15-13, 08:51 PM
I'm also sure that I can mess up my life all by myself if I tried hard enough. :dead: :)

I'm sorry Armistead...you tried but I think I won't follow that advice.
And good for you. I'm sure Armistead was just joking. Even if I was serious I wouldn't dream of offering anyone in relationship matters. I can't think of anyone who has done worse in that area.

On the other hand feel free to ask just for fun. I'm sure you'll get an answer that will cheer you up if nothing else. :sunny:

Red October1984
02-15-13, 09:14 PM
And good for you. I'm sure Armistead was just joking. Even if I was serious I wouldn't dream of offering anyone in relationship matters. I can't think of anyone who has done worse in that area.

On the other hand feel free to ask just for fun. I'm sure you'll get an answer that will cheer you up if nothing else. :sunny:

Bring it Steve...I need a good laugh. :yep:

Cybermat47
02-15-13, 11:07 PM

:rock: Good luck mate!

Red October1984
02-15-13, 11:22 PM
:rock: Good luck mate!

Thanks...

Good luck to you also for that other girl you mentioned...

It's time to formulate a plan...Let's see...I'll need The A-Team, Chuck Norris, and a Priest....

No? Didn't buy it? Okay...I have no plan... :hmph: Not yet...that is... :cool:

(Gee...here we are...a bunch of Naval Nerds talking about relationships on an internet forum... We're cool right guys? :oops: )

Carrollsue
02-17-13, 08:12 AM
:har:LOL...you tell when a "Bunch of Naval nerds or the real deal" DIDN"T talk about girls, woman, young and old??? Yep, your cool!:up::subsim:

Sailor Steve
02-17-13, 10:08 AM
(Gee...here we are...a bunch of Naval Nerds talking about relationships on an internet forum... We're cool right guys? :oops: )
Sometimes you can be a nerd in one department and something else entirely in others. This forum has an older average age than most, ranging all the way up to men in their eighties. We have people who have been happily married for forty years or more, and ones who've never married.

I've been engaged to a girl who decided otherwise and nearly killed me, happily married for eleven years to a great woman, which ended because of my slide into depression, divorced, have two daughters who don't talk to me, and four grandchildren, three of whom I've never met and the fourth I've seen exactly once.

Back when I was in the navy I thought the girl next door was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I was still trying to work up the courage to ask her out when the old girlfriend dropped back into my life and I forgot everything else. That ended with her dumping me and me finally having to move to another state just to survive. A few years ago I found out from my sister that the girl next door had had a secret crush on me. If only I'd known then. The one I was engaged to and lost recently came back into my life, talking about how crushed she was when I left her! It only took a few weeks of emails before she decided all over again that I wasn't worth her time.

I don't try to have relationships any more, not because I'm afraid of getting hurt or because I don't like women. I don't try because I've come to believe that I'm not fit company for that kind of involvement. I loved my wife, but not the way I should have, and I don't think I could feel that way for anyone else either. So I'm happy for my sister, who has a great marriage, and I live entirely alone, rarely even talking to another human being.

So yes, your situation could be worse. On the other hand you're still quite young, and the person you end up loving for decades could well be waiting somewhere for you to find her. College is an amazing place for meeting the love of your life or for just having fun. Don't be in too much of a hurry. Looking back we say life is short, but at your age life is long and there's plenty of time. Enjoy it while you can.

Arlo
02-17-13, 10:18 AM
Best post in the thread, Steve.

Armistead
02-17-13, 12:05 PM
As much as I joke, I'm blessed with a great wife. If you can find trust without jealousy, you've found a gem. We'll be together until I'm dead.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Armistead1424/7831_103892912958849_100000144219447_114095_322160 9_n-1_zps036c3241.jpg

Also blessed with a great daughter from my first marriage, 3 granddaughters and just told last month another granddaughter on the way. She started dating this fella in the 8th grade, never had another boyfriend in her life. I just pray they stop having babies, but I'm guessing they'll try one more time for a son. He works for the FBI.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Armistead1424/521264_5002152211614_1644049636_n_zps12ca4402.jpg

Red October1984
02-17-13, 12:30 PM
Sometimes you can be a nerd in one department and something else entirely in others. This forum has an older average age than most, ranging all the way up to men in their eighties. We have people who have been happily married for forty years or more, and ones who've never married.

I've been engaged to a girl who decided otherwise and nearly killed me, happily married for eleven years to a great woman, which ended because of my slide into depression, divorced, have two daughters who don't talk to me, and four grandchildren, three of whom I've never met and the fourth I've seen exactly once.

Back when I was in the navy I thought the girl next door was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I was still trying to work up the courage to ask her out when the old girlfriend dropped back into my life and I forgot everything else. That ended with her dumping me and me finally having to move to another state just to survive. A few years ago I found out from my sister that the girl next door had had a secret crush on me. If only I'd known then. The one I was engaged to and lost recently came back into my life, talking about how crushed she was when I left her! It only took a few weeks of emails before she decided all over again that I wasn't worth her time.

I don't try to have relationships any more, not because I'm afraid of getting hurt or because I don't like women. I don't try because I've come to believe that I'm not fit company for that kind of involvement. I loved my wife, but not the way I should have, and I don't think I could feel that way for anyone else either. So I'm happy for my sister, who has a great marriage, and I live entirely alone, rarely even talking to another human being.

So yes, your situation could be worse. On the other hand you're still quite young, and the person you end up loving for decades could well be waiting somewhere for you to find her. College is an amazing place for meeting the love of your life or for just having fun. Don't be in too much of a hurry. Looking back we say life is short, but at your age life is long and there's plenty of time. Enjoy it while you can.

Sounds like you've been to Hell and back.

I realize that my situation could be a lot worse. That made me feel a little better. Thanks for that.

HertogJan
02-17-13, 01:09 PM
V-day,

One of the days I'd rather forget al together

Heard from my (now) Ex. she didn't love me anymore :06: and lost our first born on that day :nope:

I'm happy for others who find their love tho :up:

Sailor Steve
02-17-13, 01:13 PM
As much as I joke, I'm blessed with a great wife. If you can find trust without jealousy, you've found a gem. We'll be together until I'm dead.
When I had been married for two or three years, my wife worked for a local gift shop. The owner's daughter was going to Los Angeles on a buying trip, and asked my wife if she wanted to go too. She asked me, and I thought it was a great idea. Someone I worked with asked me "Aren't you worried? How can you trust her all alone like that?"

I replied that if I couldn't trust her, why would I be married to her? If she betrayed that trust there was plenty of time to move on. Silly question.

Also blessed with a great daughter from my first marriage, 3 granddaughters and just told last month another granddaughter on the way. She started dating this fella in the 8th grade, never had another boyfriend in her life. I just pray they stop having babies, but I'm guessing they'll try one more time for a son. He works for the FBI.
Your daughter could be in the 'Beautiful Women' thread. So could your wife, for that matter.

Sailor Steve
02-17-13, 01:17 PM
Sounds like you've been to Hell and back.
A little secret; only half is true. I've never come back.

I realize that my situation could be a lot worse. That made me feel a little better. Thanks for that.
Glad I could be of some help, however little. Even when you live the way I do, life can have its good moments.

Red October1984
02-17-13, 01:55 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. :wah:

Hopefully something good happens and you won't have to suffer. :up:

Arlo
02-17-13, 04:51 PM

This is bothering me. Seriously.

swamprat69er
02-17-13, 05:17 PM

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Armistead1424/7831_103892912958849_100000144219447_114095_322160 9_n-1_zps036c3241.jpg

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Armistead1424/521264_5002152211614_1644049636_n_zps12ca4402.jpg

WOW! Both wife and daughter good looking women. :up:

Sailor Steve
02-17-13, 06:23 PM
This is bothering me. Seriously.
Why? I've lived with it for years. Decades even.

Carrollsue
02-17-13, 07:23 PM
:hmmm:When this started I did not have ANY IDEA that it would come into something like this ..” amazing group of younger and old men” looking into the soul. Damn! Woman find this they will LOVE it!!

Some things first, All those picture are BEAUTIFUL and Mr. Armistead, your son and his family is something to Behold, bet your muscles, that are use to smile, must ache all night long, from the smiling.:yeah:

Now, my turn…I not going into all of it, just the part the last 3 years. I was told that I have mild Alzheimer’s, known something was wrong for a couple of years and then fend and found out. Well, anyway, what happens sometime is that I dream very “alive dream” and so I sleep alone, and the cost of this will be unbelievable so I have move to the Philippines, were I can live very well on me military retirement pay, TriCare and Medicare, yep it can be done. So, I’m married, wife in Tifton, Ga, she well taken care of, kids and grandkids, older and old. I have a good family here that helping me and in that family there is this 2 year lovely girl who, when I go into those “Dark Times” put me out of there so I can live again

So, PLEASE if you get like I do sometimes, get help, play with kids, go into the sun, BUT PLEASE DO SOMETHING. :subsim:

swamprat69er
02-17-13, 07:54 PM
:hmmm:When this started I did not have ANY IDEA that it would come into something like this ..” amazing group of younger and old men” looking into the soul. Damn! Woman find this they will LOVE it!!

Some things first, All those picture are BEAUTIFUL and Mr. Armistead, your son and his family is something to Behold, bet your muscles, that are use to smile, must ache all night long, from the smiling.:yeah:

Now, my turn…I not going into all of it, just the part the last 3 years. I was told that I have mild Alzheimer’s, known something was wrong for a couple of years and then fend and found out. Well, anyway, what happens sometime is that I dream very “alive dream” and so I sleep alone, and the cost of this will be unbelievable so I have move to the Philippines, were I can live very well on me military retirement pay, TriCare and Medicare, yep it can be done. So, I’m married, wife in Tifton, Ga, she well taken care of, kids and grandkids, older and old. I have a good family here that helping me and in that family there is this 2 year lovely girl who, when I go into those “Dark Times” put me out of there so I can live again

So, PLEASE if you get like I do sometimes, get help, play with kids, go into the sun, BUT PLEASE DO SOMETHING. :subsim:

That sounds like pretty good advise to me.:agree:

u crank
02-17-13, 08:37 PM

So, PLEASE if you get like I do sometimes, get help, play with kids, go into the sun, BUT PLEASE DO SOMETHING.

Now you went and made me cry. God bless you.

That's good too.

I've been married to a very understanding and kind girl for 37 years. I've been blessed. Son and daughter and a grandson. Be thankful for all of life's good moments. It makes all the other stuff bearable.

Armistead
02-17-13, 08:44 PM
Be thankful for all of life's good moments. It makes all the other stuff bearable.

Yep. My eldest granddaughter is getting ready to have brain surgury, the one in the red and white stockings. Posted about it in GT.

u crank
02-17-13, 08:56 PM
Yep. My eldest granddaughter is getting ready to have brain surgury, the one in the red and white stockings. Posted about it in GT.

Yea, saw that. Life is funny. Last couple of weeks have been stressful around here. Daughter broke up with her boyfriend and wants to move in with us for a while. We don't mind, grandson comes with her, but it will be an adjustment and it will be crowded. I admit that I've been worried about it, but hearing about your situation and Carrollsue's puts it all in perspective.

I hope your granddaughter will be alright. God bless you all.

Arlo
02-17-13, 08:58 PM
Why? I've lived with it for years. Decades even.

I reckon I've always had difficulty recognizing the difference tween my comfort zone and a friend/shipmate/buddy's. And the word 'hell' can take on various connotations. You've lived with it to the point of total acceptance, it sounds. Hell, that may not have taken all that long.

But I'll tell ya something (even if it's just my own perception). What I've seen of virtual Steve on this forum has always been an even-tempered, sociable, amiable sort willing to share experience and insight worthy or such. The kinda sailor I'd spend pay on to buy a beer just cause, hell, he seems decent enough company and it would be fun to swap sea stories (mine, admittedly, taller than both me and the swabbie that told them to me).

I still got flight bennies.

Arlo
02-17-13, 09:08 PM

Bless you, CS.

Carrollsue
02-18-13, 08:20 PM
"Armistead
Yep. My eldest granddaughter is getting ready to have brain surgury, the one in the red and white stockings. Posted about it in GT"

God, I’m so sorry to be informed that your family is in that situation, hope you can and will keep us posted.

You think, whoa-is-me and then life shows you at you not as bad off as you think you are!

ALL of my prayers are with your grandchild and your family. God Bless

Arlo
02-18-13, 09:56 PM
"Armistead
Yep. My eldest granddaughter is getting ready to have brain surgury, the one in the red and white stockings. Posted about it in GT"

God, I’m so sorry to be informed that your family is in that situation, hope you can and will keep us posted.

You think, whoa-is-me and then life shows you at you not as bad off as you think you are!

ALL of my prayers are with your grandchild and your family. God Bless

I missed this entirely. Add mine.