PDA

View Full Version : Excessive/Looping Hull Creak Sounds

Gustav Schiebert
02-13-13, 11:33 AM
Hello my fellow kaleuns/oberleutnants, quick one for you -

I've noticed that my sub suffers from what seems to be the top 'level' of creaking, even when on the surface - so the sounds you'd normally hear at 200m are constantly playing. Very noisy and annoying.

Also, occasionally (not sure what triggers it) the creak track gets stuck in a loop and the same 1 sec or so constantly repeats. Nothing short of restarting the game fixes it. :hmmm:

Now, I have played with the sound files a bit. Mainly using Thompsen's Sound Pack, with some picked Spirit of the Machines, Internal Life and other sounds that I like mixed in. I realise that totally reinstalling one single sound pack might well fix it - but I've tweaked them to a nice level and I'd like to keep it if possible, so just wondering if there's something I can do without resorting to a total swap. I'm not very techy-minded but I wouldn't have thought just swapping sound files about like this would affect this too much?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

VONHARRIS
02-13-13, 11:53 AM
I had the same problem some days before.
I crash dived at TC=1 and when I surfaced it was gone.

Try and you never know.

Sailor Steve
02-13-13, 12:02 PM
It's been a long time, but as I recall it's usually due to the files being too long. Use the onboard Sound Controller to check the play length of the files. They shouldn't be longer than thirty seconds.

HW3
02-13-13, 04:55 PM
I get it occasionally with the wind. Kinda funny hearing the wind blowing in the control room at 50M.

:subsim:

flag4
02-13-13, 05:02 PM
I get it occasionally with the wind. Kinda funny hearing the wind blowing in the control room at 50M.

i get this too. usually surfacing again sorts it out, but not always. sometimes i press Esc, wait a minute or so then 'continue patrol.'

things are just awkward sometimes....:Kaleun_Sleep:...come back later!

HW3
02-13-13, 05:15 PM
I just chalk it up as Bernard farting and leave it at that.:D

Gustav Schiebert
02-13-13, 06:37 PM
It's been a long time, but as I recall it's usually due to the files being too long. Use the onboard Sound Controller to check the play length of the files. They shouldn't be longer than thirty seconds.

May be part of the problem - a few are sounds I got off that U-995 Guided Tour DVD which are quite a lot longer, 45 secs to a min. Will have a tweak and try and get them down.

Thanks for your comments guys, sounds like some of it might not be due to my tweaks and just a quirk of the game. I'll put up with it - although the surfacing/escape-and-wait tricks I haven't tried. Luckily I've just started a new 1939 campaign, so surfacing at all is an option! Huzzah!

Raptor
02-13-13, 07:57 PM
I've experienced a never-ended alarm bell on occasion. Doesn't matter what I do, it won't shut off unlessI save and exit the mission, and restart from the prior save.