PDA

View Full Version : Crash issues after first patrol.

sak1134
02-12-13, 11:48 AM
First my problem. On my new install of Silent Hunter III with GWX Gold, and SH3 Commander I start a new career and run my first mission no problem. When I return to the game and try to load my in port save, the game crashes when i try and load it. Starting a new career, or trying to play a single mission also won't work after this point.

I'm using Windows 7 x64
Latest Catalyst Control Drivers
SHIII is installed in the Ubisoft directory under C: drive (Not in program files x64)
I have unchecked the read only box on the SHIII directory
I have used the utility to let SHIII use 4gb of memory instead of 2
I have told SHII to run in XP SP3 mode

I'm annoyed and stumped. Please help if you can

Pisces
02-12-13, 12:48 PM
Did you extract GWX 3 config files into the SH3 Commander folders?

[EDIT] In what state whas your Uboat when you saved? Submerged? Within hydrophone distance of another unit?

sak1134
02-12-13, 01:00 PM
Yes I did install the GWX SHCommander files into SHCommander.

My boat was in port. I was at sea, all alone, selected end mission and returned to port. Always end mission on surface.

Pisces
02-12-13, 06:19 PM
My boat was in port. I was at sea, all alone, ... Sounds like waking up from an academy prank. Or the result of a long night out on shore leave. The hangover should wear off later in the day.

:()1:

All kidding aside. Changed any mods while you were out on sea?

Can you make another campaign, and come up with the same results? (crash after first patrol)

sak1134
02-12-13, 06:46 PM
LOL having read it again it does sound kind of silly.

Yes I can replicate the event every time. I get one mission using commander and then crashes. It MAY and I stress may be a Commander issue.

I tried starting through commander and got my expected crashes, I then started a new career using the SH3GWX shortcut and it loaded fine. I ended my first patrol, started a second patrol, ended it. Then started my third patrol using commander, ended it. Tried starting the 4th patrol and whammo back to crashing on mission load. I haven't tried it more than once but it lends some credence to the fact that I can start 1 mission with commander and thats it.

sak1134
02-12-13, 07:13 PM
I have just run the same scenerio again and gotten the same results. Multiple missions (granted they are nothing more than start at the dock and end the patrol) using the SH3GWX short cut. I then can start and load and end my next mission using commander, the next mission after that = crash. Trying to load any of the previous missions (after the first crash) using either method yields the same results (crashes)

I'm going to uncheck the start at sea option and see how that goes.

Pisces
02-13-13, 07:50 AM
What mods are enabled in the JSGME application? And what are the campaign starting selections. Because one mod-part might be a problem depending on the year the campaign/mission is starting in. (Late War sensors something)

sak1134
02-16-13, 08:50 PM
Finally got it sorted out. It appears what was required was an uninstall with a registry cleaner better than my standard one. I found a thread recommending RegVac and that seems to have done the trick. (Fingers Crossed)