PDA

View Full Version : Deep = dark water

hans svetty
02-12-13, 12:36 AM
When diving the U-boat deep, in external view, I can't see a thing. How can I make things brighter? In other words, to still be able to see the boat despite being down 160 meters?

Jimbuna
02-12-13, 03:53 AM
SH3Commander has a water clarity setting....you could try turning that up to maximum (20).

Sailor Steve
02-12-13, 10:05 AM
LOL. I'm just the opposite. I keep mine set at (2).

HW3
02-12-13, 05:33 PM
I set mine up so I can watch the inner tube door open and close. I'll set it back when I get tired of that.

:salute:

flag4
02-12-13, 05:41 PM
I set mine up so I can watch the inner tube door open and close.
:salute:

..i like that:up:

hans svetty
02-12-13, 10:04 PM
When diving deep, it's as dark as a blank screensaver for me. Turns SH3 into a spooky radio program. Maybe something is wrong with my monitor.

reignofdeath
02-12-13, 10:07 PM
When diving deep, it's as dark as a blank screensaver for me. Turns SH3 into a spooky radio program. Maybe something is wrong with my monitor.

Nope thats how its supposed to be. "Realistic you might say" since light cant penetrate that far, or at least semi realistic. I like it.

hans svetty
02-18-13, 02:33 AM
'Immersion' indeed!

Karl Heinrich
02-18-13, 07:47 AM
'Immersion' indeed!

Very droll :P

I've not tried it on 20, but I used to have the water transparency (via Commander) on 18 - for much the same reasons as HW3. But when diving deep, you still can't see a thing - unless that's just my monitor...

Other than playing about with your graphics card settings and monitor contrast/brightness, I don't think there's much you can do about that.

If it's just for screenshot purposes, then do your best in getting a good shot then tweak the gamma etc. afterwards :)

HW3
02-18-13, 09:11 AM
It gets darker the deeper you go till you can't see anything. So there is nothing wrong with your monitor.:yep:

:subsim:

Karl Heinrich
02-18-13, 11:19 AM
It gets darker the deeper you go till you can't see anything. So there is nothing wrong with your monitor.:yep:

:subsim:

Haha, I suspected as much, all is well with the world :P