PDA

View Full Version : HELP !! WINDOWS 8 NIGHTMARE

von hally
02-09-13, 06:09 AM
Hi old friends......long time no see....good to see sh3 still going strong

I have just got a new laptop ,widows 8 and installed sh3 outside the programme files(86) folder under just c/ silenthunteriii

Installed gwx gold...all going good but....

downloaded commander latest version but it wont run,,,,,it asks if I want to allow the .exe file to make changes to the computer...I say yes...then nothing!!

I cant extract mods to the mod folder either....free 7zip wont run either.....

i'm getting pretty p***** off with the dumbing down of these operating systems....it is a chore to even get to the control panel...with bill gates trying his hardest to throw all kind of obstacles in my way

Does anyone have the following mods just in a folder that can be put right into jsgme folder without extracting?...maybe emai to me could be a possibility? this way I could live without commander:

start at sea
no crewe fatigue
wreford browns light messages mod
full screen hi res mod
old reknown points for patrolling grid
rusty type b/c skin
no ring ring mod

I would greatly appreciate any help / Ideas ??

Twin Screws
02-09-13, 06:40 AM
Still running XP myself so can only go by what I've seen posted elsewhere.
I have seen similar issues on another games forum & I think it has something to do with 'Administrator rights', without being logged on as 'Administrator' you can't alter or allow the .exe file to make changes.

Pisces
02-09-13, 08:48 AM
I think SH3 Commander should be installed outside the Program Files folder aswel, since it contains a backup folder for the changes that it makes to the game. Windows probably notices that SH3 Commander tries to save into the Program Files.

von hally
02-09-13, 02:35 PM
thanks for the help guys...I am administrator unfortunately...so this doesn't change things......fed up with operating systems that lock you out and treat you like a moron that is hell bent on wrecking your own machine !!! lol