PDA

View Full Version : Patch won't work...

Col Frost69
02-03-13, 06:24 AM
Hi,

I've just purchased a digital download version of SH3, and downloaded and installed to C:\SH3.
I then downloaded the 1.4 patch for the digital download version and I get the following message:
"This program cannot update the installed version of Silent Hunter III Us Download v1.0 to v 1.3 because of the following reason:
C:\SH3\data\Menu\de_menu.tst: unknown version"

It's a clean install, the only other thing i did before trying to apply the patch was to copy JGME files into SH3 folder.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Troublous_Haze
02-03-13, 06:39 AM
Install the game outside system drive C:\

and try again.

VONHARRIS
02-03-13, 07:56 AM
Since you have just bought your copy , it is more than possible that it is already patched to 1.4b version.

Run the game and at start screen check the down right corner.
If it says 1.4b you are good to go.

Col Frost69
02-03-13, 09:56 AM
Since you have just bought your copy , it is more than possible that it is already patched to 1.4b version.

Run the game and at start screen check the down right corner.
If it says 1.4b you are good to go.

Ah, yes, many thanks. I've re-installed on my E drive anyway as well.

Thank god for the freindly advise shown on these forums.:yeah:

scudder
02-04-13, 03:08 AM
Just as an aside in case someone else comes across this thread...some (though not all) re-releases of SH3 will show v1.4 in the bottom corner, but are actually patched to v1.4b. For whatever reason the "b" was dropped off. I spent half an hour trying to install a patch I already had, and got that same exact error. One way to double-check is to go to your SH3 folder, and check the version number on the sh3.exe file. If it's 1.4.0.1, then you're good to go. :salute: Chances are very good that if you've just bought the game recently, it's already patched to v1.4b.

HW3
02-04-13, 09:18 AM
The reason it is referred to as 1.4b is, there was a 1.4 patch that was never released by UBI. They called the released one 1.4b rather than 1.5 to keep the number sequence going, though it does not show as such in game.

:salute: