PDA

View Full Version : CTD

Ancient Mariner
01-28-13, 01:23 AM
Gday. So I have slowly been getting together a few more mods for sh3,however when I install them via JSGME and then run Sh3(GWX3 & Sh3 Commander) it loads up until the start of a campaign..then ctd. So last night I went and did some more training(which worked) then after the campaign worked.

Is this a Win8 thing or is it just me?:06:

padi
01-28-13, 04:25 AM
Post a Modlist then we can help you better.

HW3
01-28-13, 09:43 AM
Plus your system specs.

:Kaleun_Salute:

HundertzehnGustav
01-28-13, 09:51 AM
do not install mods in the middle of a mission. install them when at port.

Grun Teufel
01-28-13, 10:08 AM
Gustav is correct. Take a shot at it between patrols. That is the ideal time to input new data to the program.( in our case mods.) I would personally recommend that you either patiently wait until you complete the entire campaign or perhaps start a new one and install the mods before you do so. I play SH3 once a year starting in September and playing until the war is over or I get killed. I usually in stall the mod and add-on a week or two before hand. I hope the advice helps.

Ancient Mariner
01-29-13, 05:56 AM
So I am running
Mods:GWX-16k atmosphere,late war sensors,integrated orders,repair times,sh 5 water for gwx,Eax sounds,destroyer & corvette sounds,waterstreams for uboats v4.

Nothing major.

Pc spec
Core i7 1.9 4gb ram, 2gb geforce 635,750gig hdd.
Probly not the most high spec machine but it runs alot better than my old desktop which didn't have issues till it clapped out.

I don't change mods till I am in base nor do I save my missions and play the next day for fear of ctds. Would be nice to then I might play a bit more.

irish1958
01-29-13, 07:55 AM
The 16 km mod has some issues. The late war sensors mod is unnecessary unless you are in the later years of the war and also has issues. Integrated orders also has issues. I haven't studied the other mods in detail, so I cannot make any suggestions concerning them
I assume you have installed the GWX files for SH3CMDR.
I suggest you remove late war sensors and integrated orders first and see what happens.

MLGathome
01-29-13, 09:26 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166283

Solution 2 in this thread saved me from CTD.

Good Luck, Marcel

Singed
01-29-13, 09:30 AM
I assume you have installed the GWX files for SH3CMDR.

Not the OP, but I'll have to look for those, I don't remember seeing any GWX files for SH3CMDR.

HW3
01-29-13, 09:41 AM
Here they are http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1421

:salute:

Ancient Mariner
01-30-13, 03:10 AM
Rite,I will have a go tonight. tweaked my jsgme & installed those files. Hopefully there will be no problems