PDA

View Full Version : Sh3commander not working correctly please help

eagleaye
01-27-13, 05:55 PM
Hi ,
I had SH3 GWX gold and Shcommander all working perfectly and then after I had added some mods it all went wrong ( my fault i think i may have messed around to much with some mods).
Anyway I have uninstalled shcommdr/GWX/SH3 and cleaned my laptop with cccleaner and deleted manually sh3 files left in my documents and also commdr files left in the SHcommander file after uninstall. I also ensured I had shcomm set to automatic rollback.

So i assumed that this would me i am able to do a fresh install ( by the way I have steam version of SH3 for my sins).

I have reinstalled everything as per instructions etc but when ever i go in to shcommander and start a new career it opens up gwx sh3 okay but on the main screen it does not say loaded via shcommander as it used to and also it seems none of the dates are sent through to sh3 ? the only info that seems to get through is my captains name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I was really enjoying the game and the immersion it wouldnt be the same without shcommander /gwx etc.

my specs are :
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.120926-1855)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
BIOS: F.12
Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7642MB RAM
Page File: 1748MB used, 7045MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

Thanks again in advance for any help that comes my way :)

eagleaye
01-27-13, 06:16 PM
It seems that I possibly just needed to do a bit more reading on the forum and have come across what seems to be a possible fix ,

I have followed the steps highlighted by Kranklys74 on the following thread : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201516
and it may have just sorted my problem out (fingers crossed) any advice would still be appreciated

I have sh3 installed to c:/program files x86/ steam/ steamapps/common/sh3

and shcommander is installed to c:/program files x86/ shcommander

can i just confirm that they are in right place , i know its best to install sh3 outside of program files but steam wont let me.

Cheers once again I may be able to sail once more in to the depths :)

Sailor Steve
01-27-13, 06:40 PM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

I'm still working on an old XP system, so I can still use Program Files. I'm afraid I can't help much. I will say that I don't like downloaded games, and have found, at least in the case of Silent Hunter, that I've never had any of the mentioned problems with the disc version.

In any case, plenty of people have had this problem, and it has been fixed. There will be someone along soon who will have the answers you need.

irish1958
01-28-13, 08:56 AM
I have one suggestion:
Uninstall everything, clean your registry with a good registry cleaner (not ccleaner), purchase a copy of SH3, patched to 1.4b and starforce free, and reinstall in a folder outside of the program files.
In the future, do not use Steam if you want to modify a game in any way. They have made no effort to eliminate the modifying problems and offer no help when you have a problem.

Singed
01-28-13, 09:10 AM
For the most part, I had no issues modding SH3 with Steam, but Commander did present some oddness that I can't really explain and decided not to troubleshoot because I knew I was going to go ahead and buy the download anyway.

The best way to put it was that it mostly worked, most of the time.

Best results came from making sure the Steam client was fully loaded, signed in, etc before launching SH3 through Commander. I got the impression that the delay caused by launching Steam caused some sort f timing issues with Commander doing what it does but YMMV of course.

Oddly enough, I never had a CTD or corrupted save running through Steam, but when I got the DL and applied the same mods both issues have raised their heads.

irish1958
01-28-13, 10:34 PM
SilentHunter3 for $3.95
See: http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-III-Pc/dp/B0038RG9ZC