PDA

View Full Version : Man Barely Able to Stand on his Own Does the Unthinkable.

kiwi_2005
01-23-13, 12:13 AM
make sure you have tissues nearby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU0BzZlwU4o :yeah:

Sailor Steve
01-23-13, 01:26 AM
Pretty damned inspirational.

No, it didn't make me cry. Not even a little. But it did make me think. I keep trying to get into better shape, but not very hard. Not really trying at all, just thinking about it.

This got me thinking harder. We'll see.

HundertzehnGustav
01-23-13, 02:11 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:wah::wah::wah::wah:

That is what i like in them army and navy and airforce and marines types.

Them true warriors, beneath it all.

:yeah:

HunterICX
01-23-13, 05:14 AM
Nice video :sunny:
good to see the bloke picked himself up and showed them doctors what he CAN do.

No, it didn't make me cry. Not even a little. But it did make me think. I keep trying to get into better shape, but not very hard. Not really trying at all, just thinking about it.

Don't think, just do it.
get a friend to join you or join a friend who already works out or does a sport so you keep eachother going.
I had some unwanted extra weight, was out of shape and I all did was thinking of losing it till a day I stopped thinking about it and started to pick up boxing exercise with a friend.

HunterICX

AVGWarhawk
01-23-13, 09:54 AM
Personal success stories are always nice. Beating the odds always nicer. :up:

STEED
01-23-13, 11:09 AM
Well Done to him. :yeah:

Jimbuna
01-23-13, 02:15 PM
Truly inspirational :rock:

~SALUTE~

Armistead
01-23-13, 03:00 PM
Stay moving is the key. I have a nerve disease and I think the same is with injury, the pain becomes so bad, you just want to lay around, which only makes it worse. I forced myself to keep moving. Guess it was five years ago when I had my last nerve test the Doctor said it's amazing I still walk and I would be in a wheel chair in a few years, probably eventually lose my feet. That scared me, so I walked more. Every day I make myself walk, about 2-3 miles a day regardless of how I feel.

kiwi_2005
01-24-13, 03:48 AM

The last photo i seen of you up here you don't even look over weight if thats what your meaning, tho i could see early signs of a beer pot forming:D, maybe next time you playing a gig play that bass like you never played it before work up a sweat.

Sailor Steve
01-24-13, 11:13 AM
The last photo i seen of you up here you don't even look over weight if thats what your meaning, tho i could see early signs of a beer pot forming:D...
When I was twenty I weighed 135. When I was thirty I weighed 165. When I was forty I weighed 215. When I was fifty I contracted diabetes and lost it all. Back to 135. My friends thought I was dying, and maybe they were right. Then I put it all back on. The last time I got on a scale I weighed 195. I'm trying to get back to 150, but right now 175 seems like a goal I can shoot for.

My real goal is to be able to look at pictures of myself without feeling sick.