PDA

View Full Version : My best NYGM patrol so far - DID

Harald_Lange
01-22-13, 03:36 AM
I hope I don't curse myself by doing this, but I'm going to anyway. Come what may.

For others this may look rather amateur, but for me its an epic achievement :)

I've made it to 1941 with my little Coastal Boat, and now I've transferred to St Nazaire for my first Type VIIC command of the war. I've just set out to sea with a brand new crew, lets see how it unfolds.

Here are my patrol logs so far
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/240752/SH3%20Personnel%20Files/Gustav_Jakob/Personnel_File.html)

I'm playing dead is dead on full realism, no external cams, manual targetting, with Hsie/Stieblers mods and NYGM. My only help is I have duds turned off, as I was pulling my hair out. I also have map updates left on as I am simply not ready to start plotting everything manually just yet.

I've had a few very close shaves, one mine hit and one severe depth charging, but I'm still here for now.

I think its safe to say that I'm somewhat 'into' this game :P

sublynx
01-22-13, 03:46 AM
I think its safe to say that I'm somewhat 'into' this game :P

Well in this forum you are not alone with that feeling :D

I got curious and wanted to ask a couple of questions, if you have the time.

I was curious about the damage to your boat. What happened to your boat when you got minor damage (condition 90% or over) to your boat?

Have you played GWX? If so, in what ways is it more difficult than GWX?

Harald_Lange
01-22-13, 03:03 PM
if you have the time.

Always have time for a fellow Kaleun!

I was curious about the damage to your boat. What happened to your boat when you got minor damage (condition 90% or over) to your boat?

:oops: A mixture of things, from being machine gunned by aircraft whilst my watch crew were alseep on the job, to colliding with a merchant whilst at periscope depth in the middle of a convoy (whilst the Kaleun was asleep on the job).

Er...and hitting the bottom a few times with an over enthusiastic crash dive :P

Have you played GWX? If so, in what ways is it more difficult than GWX?

Yes I have played GWX a lot, and love it! However, with NYGM my favourite difference is the fact that it has a different damage model on the ships, and they are sunk by flooding, instead of hit point reduction. Overall I just find it suits my taste better, each to his own though, they're both fantastic mods.

I've heard that GWX is more eye candy whereas NYGM is more focused on realism, however having only played them both using onboard intel graphics, I can't really comment.

BossMark
01-22-13, 03:26 PM
Well done Harald :salute::salute: I haven't tried NYGM I must give it a go sometime in the very near future.
What other mods do you\can you use with it if any.

Harald_Lange
01-22-13, 03:30 PM
Here you go BossMark, my current list here: (Not sure if they are all necessary at the same time but seems to work well.)

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6B
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
NYGM HiRes Submarines
SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
3rd Flotilla Mod
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed)
Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
Fubar Sub Skins Type II A-D
FUBARS TYPE 2a
Das Boot Clothes
1500 meter bearing overlay
CaptainAmericaOfficerIcons
GWX_ICONS
Restore Gods Eye View
Seafloor SF V3 Final
Radio Deutschland
Spirit of machines
b25_Louder_Diesels
Type IIA Camo
MaGui F
MaGui F FIX for NYGM3.4

BossMark
01-22-13, 03:37 PM
OK thanks Harald I will take a look and give it a try later this week

Harald_Lange
01-22-13, 03:40 PM
PS, the GWX_ICONS is something I cooked up cos I preferred the GWX map icons. Its not really worthy of being released as a mod, but if you want it I can send it over.

sublynx
01-23-13, 10:21 AM
:oops: A mixture of things, from being machine gunned by aircraft whilst my watch crew were alseep on the job, to colliding with a merchant whilst at periscope depth in the middle of a convoy (whilst the Kaleun was asleep on the job).

Er...and hitting the bottom a few times with an over enthusiastic crash dive :P

I see. The same kind of minor damage stuff I've had on my boats as well... The only thing you didn't mention was having a scraping the paint off an armed trawler type of near-collision in the fog while neither the U-boat nor the armed trawler knew anything about the enemy's presence :oops:

Harald_Lange
01-23-13, 02:38 PM
I see. The same kind of minor damage stuff I've had on my boats as well... The only thing you didn't mention was having a scraping the paint off an armed trawler type of near-collision in the fog while neither the U-boat nor the armed trawler knew anything about the enemy's presence :oops:

Haha, what are the chances of that?? The sea is a big place, thats worse luck than even me!

I trust you sent him to the bottom for scuffing your paint job?

sublynx
01-23-13, 03:03 PM
I trust you sent him to the bottom for scuffing your paint job?

Well, I had a type II at my command when this happened and had only two torpedoes left, both unloaded. Here's a report on the incident.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151090&page=99

I managed to take a screenshot of the trawler too :)

BossMark
01-25-13, 06:50 AM
PS, the GWX_ICONS is something I cooked up cos I preferred the GWX map icons. Its not really worthy of being released as a mod, but if you want it I can send it over.
Yeah PM it to me please am going to install all tomorrow.

Harald_Lange
01-25-13, 10:29 AM
Yeah PM it to me please am going to install all tomorrow.

I can't PM you, but here it is. Its pretty basic :) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/240752/GWX_ICONS.zip

BossMark
01-26-13, 04:32 AM
I can't PM you, but here it is. Its pretty basic :) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/240752/GWX_ICONS.zip
OK thanks got it all installed looks pretty damn good :yep:

Harald_Lange
01-30-13, 03:33 AM
OK thanks got it all installed looks pretty damn good :yep:

Cool! I guess that counts as my first contribution, albeit a really basic one.