PDA

View Full Version : ive really messed up

flag4
01-21-13, 04:36 PM
i have noticed that my mods were not showing up on JSGME after i had installed them to this programme.
i searched about and found another JSGME in another folder deep inside my MAIN silent hunter 3 folder.
and yet when i treid to use these mods that were installed in this JSGME, they were not installed in-game when i went for a look....:timeout:

so, being really clever i tried to move them around a bit - the one that sort-of-worked into the place where the one that didnt used to be (yep, im confused too..:-j)

it didnt work, so i tried to move it back. now, upon opening the JSGME mod enabler i discovered to my horror there was absolutley nothing in it - all mods had vanished COMPLETLY.

ive opened the game to find the mods are still doing what they should - but, now im thinking it would be better to completely uninstall EVERYTHING - Silent Hunter, Commander and JSGME - THE LOT - OUT - CLEANED OUT COMPLETLY and start again

i had a good crew too :oops:

any comments or mickey taking are all welcome - im a big boy and i can handle it.

(if on the other hand, you have a few words of advice they are most welcome too:yep:)

have you ever felt like a complete idiot?

Red October1984
01-21-13, 04:49 PM
JSGME Mods folder goes in the main directory of SH3. Example

Program Files/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 3/MODS

Not "deep inside" the SH3 folder. Reinstall, activate mods, try again. :hmmm:

Every day I feel like a complete idiot. Just keep on going and you'll be fine. It's worked for me.

flag4
01-22-13, 11:16 AM
JSGME Mods folder goes in the main directory of SH3. Example

Program Files/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 3/MODS

Not "deep inside" the SH3 folder. Reinstall, activate mods, try again. :hmmm:

Every day I feel like a complete idiot. Just keep on going and you'll be fine. It's worked for me.

thanks Red October1984

im wondering if you understand. because there are no mods vivsble in the JSGME enabler, this might well corrupt the ones that remain in the game ie GWX. for example when you install GWX it comes with a host of other mods.
if then, when i reinstall JSGME with nothing in - no GWX, no nothing, what is happening to the mods in-game, like GWX and all its subsidiary mods. i have no control over what mods are already in the game. for example i dont what mods and in what order they exist in-game.
thats why im thinking it best to start all over again. by reinstalling everything SH3, SH3 Commander, JSGME - and finall any mods i whish to put in.
does this sound any clearer?
i dont think i can just re-install JSGME over mods that are in-game without knowing what they are...?

cheers
flag:up:

Sailor Steve
01-22-13, 01:40 PM
I can't give you much advice or sympathy, for the simple reason that I've reinstalled the game more times than I can count, and I know I can count at least to twenty, 'cause that's how many fingers and toes I have.

flag4
01-22-13, 03:48 PM
I can't give you much advice or sympathy, for the simple reason that I've reinstalled the game more times than I can count, and I know I can count at least to twenty, 'cause that's how many fingers and toes I have.

I guess that seals it then: ALL OUT.

Think I was trying to kid myself there was an easy fix.

I guess I'm just angry because everything has been running so smoothly for a long time. Now this
Cheers S.S

I'm swearing a lot now!!

Jimbuna
01-22-13, 04:19 PM
If you can see the MODS folder in your main game directory and it is empty then you do indeed have a problem...best to uninstall everything then perform a registry clean with crapcleaner before reinstalling again:

http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/3000-2144_4-10547048.html

flag4
01-22-13, 05:12 PM
thanks jim. i have the very tool on my desk top!

its not the MODS folder in my main game directory thats empty. its the JSGME enabler. i have two??

one, in the main game folder where its supposed to be and another somewhere else. ( dont ask - i cant remember, and im going to bed!)

the one in the main game folder - that is linked to the desk top JSGME icon, has been recieving mods but not installing them. the shadow JSGME enabler has been loading them 'sometimes.'

..you see, its a real mess. i have to start again - to be certain.

shame really, i had just returned from the longest patrol ive ever had:
in-game, just over two months.

in real time i started this patrol last April and because of life in gerneral i never had the time to get on with it - but i persisted and came home with a admirable 15.000tns'ish!

i was really happy. i had been away from port for nearly 8 months so i thought - GREAT, time for a mod or two as a treat.

doubt i can even save my career too?

oh well, in-dock for a while at Williamshaven. at least the crew will get a good lay-over, or, the poor buggers will be reasigned and sent out again.
cant imagine Uncle Karl is willing to wait for me to make my mind up or find time to fix the boat!

for now, cheers!

Red October1984
01-22-13, 05:57 PM
GWX installs JSGME for you. You don't need to install JSGME after GWX.

Jimbuna
01-22-13, 06:05 PM
But not the latest JSGME...best to get the newer version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?791bojn4uahtavh

flag4
01-23-13, 03:48 AM
Jim, is there an option in GWX to not install JSGME?
So that I can install the newest version?
Cheers.

Jimbuna
01-23-13, 03:03 PM
Jim, is there an option in GWX to not install JSGME?
So that I can install the newest version?
Cheers.

Simply install the newer one and you'll be warned it will overwrite the existing one...that is okay.

flag4
01-23-13, 05:15 PM
thanks Jim.

Jimbuna
01-24-13, 12:05 PM
Your welcome http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif