PDA

View Full Version : Paradox Interactive gifts EU3:Chronicles to it's users

Dowly
01-21-13, 09:21 AM
Check your email if you are signed up with PI.

They reached 500,000 subscriptions and are giving out free EU3:Chronicles Steam keys. :up:

For starters, to thank you for being one of our half-million forum fans, Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development have got you a little present: A copy of
Europa Universalis III: Chronicles for Steam! Look below for a unique code that you can redeem on Steam, and add this iconic Paradox strategy title to your
library. (If you already have EUIII Chronicles, you can share your love of Paradox with a friend by letting them have the code!).

Spike88
01-21-13, 09:55 AM
And to think I almost bought it during the last Steam sale.

Drewcifer
01-21-13, 09:55 AM
Cool I like free stuff. :up:

danlisa
01-21-13, 10:20 AM
Yay! Complete Edition too.

Divine Wind & Air to the Throne DLC included. :sunny:

Crécy
01-21-13, 10:50 AM
Just yesterday I was thinking of buying the missing expansions for Europa Universalis. Now I got them all for free! I'm rarely (read never, in every other case I would have indeed bought those expansions yesterday) this lucky.

Raptor1
01-21-13, 11:06 AM
Damn it, Paradox, I already have this one! Could you not just give away...err...oh, looks like I have everything.

EDIT: Oh, actually, I don't have Sengoku, but I'm not terribly interested in that anyway.

They're also having a 50% (or 55%, I'm not sure) off sale on their new web shop thingy, games from which apparently register on Steam.

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 02:30 PM
Is there a way to solve this other than be on their newsletter next time?

Red October1984
01-21-13, 02:37 PM
Is there a way to solve this other than be on their newsletter next time?

If you have a friend who got the code but doesn't want the game...

Other than that, no. I missed out on it too. I actually have no idea what game this is...so...It isn't a major loss to me.

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 02:44 PM
If you have a friend who got the code but doesn't want the game...

Other than that, no. I missed out on it too. I actually have no idea what game this is...so...It isn't a major loss to me.

Dang, it's one of my favourite games. Now I do let's plays of HOI3 and probably going to do one on CK2. Grand Strategy is my favourite genre, 2nd is simulation :)

Red October1984
01-21-13, 04:40 PM
Dang, it's one of my favourite games. Now I do let's plays of HOI3 and probably going to do one on CK2. Grand Strategy is my favourite genre, 2nd is simulation :)

POST NOT NEEDED ANYMORE
You, sir, have just broken the forum rules. Sorry, but you can't talk about that here.

SUBSIM Review has a longstanding policy against software piracy.

We do NOT allow discussion or even mention of game piracy, warez, peer-to-peer game swapping, game cracks, illegal download sites, or illegal file-sharing. Nothing will get you banned faster than pointing people to illegal software distribution sites. Don't ask for serial numbers, manuals, or cracks. Any admission that you have in your possession illegal software can and usually will result in revocation of your Radio Room forum account and permanent ban. We do not care what you do on your computer in your home, but do not discuss it here.

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 06:02 PM
You, sir, have just broken the forum rules. Sorry, but you can't talk about that here.

I know I'm not allowed to say simulation comes 2nd, but sometimes you just can't help it ;)

Red October1984
01-21-13, 06:37 PM
I know I'm not allowed to say simulation comes 2nd, but sometimes you just can't help it ;)

Just keep in mind the rules and don't post about it again. I'm not a moderator here so I couldn't punish you. I'll just try and keep you out of trouble.

Simulations Second? Blasphemy! :o

darius359au
01-21-13, 06:44 PM
*sigh* I've got all of them including sengoku ,why couldn't it have been crusader kings 1 instead:wah:

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 06:44 PM
Just keep in mind the rules and don't post about it again. I'm not a moderator here so I couldn't punish you. I'll just try and keep you out of trouble.

Simulations Second? Blasphemy! :o

Thanks for that, I guess it's worth a ban for mentioning that.
I've only just found the SH series because someone on RoF told me about it. Luckily there was a sale so I got 3,4,5, and the expansion for 4 for 20 bucks.

Red October1984
01-21-13, 07:01 PM
Thanks for that, I guess it's worth a ban for mentioning that.
I've only just found the SH series because someone on RoF told me about it. Luckily there was a sale so I got 3,4,5, and the expansion for 4 for 20 bucks.

Hey, No problem. Just helping out a new member.

And WOW!!! That's a steal! ( Pun kind of intended :D ) I play SH 1-4 and I probably paid 15 dollars for SH3 and 5. The rest I either had or got as a gift. I can't play SH5 though.

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 07:34 PM
Hey, No problem. Just helping out a new member.

And WOW!!! That's a steal! ( Pun kind of intended :D ) I play SH 1-4 and I probably paid 15 dollars for SH3 and 5. The rest I either had or got as a gift. I can't play SH5 though.

You aren't missing anything at all, it's SH3 if they took the difficult parts out and improved the graphics. There's no real accomplished feeling to it... Also, no crew management which is kind of strange.

Red October1984
01-21-13, 08:15 PM
You aren't missing anything at all, it's SH3 if they took the difficult parts out and improved the graphics. There's no real accomplished feeling to it... Also, no crew management which is kind of strange.

I've heard that many times over. I'd still like to be able to play it because of the ability to walk through the whole boat.

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 08:27 PM
I've heard that many times over. I'd still like to be able to play it because of the ability to walk through the whole boat.

That's the only redeeming quality I see :/
Some people really like it apparently. My favourite is definitely IV:Wolves of the Pacific :) I don't really like playing the Germans in it, it's just so much fun to sneak into bays on mainland Japan and blow up their massive ships. :ahoy:

Red October1984
01-21-13, 09:08 PM
That's the only redeeming quality I see :/
Some people really like it apparently. My favourite is definitely IV:Wolves of the Pacific :) I don't really like playing the Germans in it, it's just so much fun to sneak into bays on mainland Japan and blow up their massive ships. :ahoy:

Do you run any mods? It's more fun to patrol the South China Sea or around the many islands of the South Pacific.

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 09:38 PM
Do you run any mods? It's more fun to patrol the South China Sea or around the many islands of the South Pacific.

Yeah, I use RFB and RSRDC. I like TMO a lot, but I like RFB a little bit better because I run into ships that aren't surrounded by 15 destroyers.

Red October1984
01-21-13, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I use RFB and RSRDC. I like TMO a lot, but I like RFB a little bit better because I run into ships that aren't surrounded by 15 destroyers.

That right there is where skill comes into play. It all comes with experience. You'll be charging into those convoys torpedo tubes a'flooded in a few months. I was the same when I started. I liked stock SH3 cause there were tons of unguarded ships. Now, I play TMO+RSDRC at 80 Realism and GWX at 80.

Plus, I understand Dangerous Waters. :D

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 09:48 PM
That right there is where skill comes into play. It all comes with experience. You'll be charging into those convoys torpedo tubes a'flooded in a few months. I was the same when I started. I liked stock SH3 cause there were tons of unguarded ships. Now, I play TMO+RSDRC at 80 Realism and GWX at 80.

Plus, I understand Dangerous Waters. :D

I play everything at realism except for stabilize view, I've only been playing since December so I'll get better eventually :arrgh!:

Red October1984
01-21-13, 10:09 PM
I play everything at realism except for stabilize view, I've only been playing since December so I'll get better eventually :arrgh!:

Yes. You will get better. Don't get too good though. I've gotten less careful as I've gotten better. A few weeks ago I was patrolling off the North end of the Philippines and I decided to surface and finish off a damaged lone merchant with my deck gun...well....I didn't check to see if it was armed. Turns out, it was armed to the teeth. It didn't end well. I lost my batteries and bow tubes. I had almost full load of torpedoes in the forward room. I had to cut that patrol short. On the way back to Fremantle, I got a contact report of a convoy running through an area close to my patrol grid. I couldn't engage because I had almost no torpedoes so a night surface attack was out of the question and I didn't have batteries to maneuver underwater with.

So be aggressive in your attacks, but be careful. :up:

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 10:58 PM
Yes. You will get better. Don't get too good though. I've gotten less careful as I've gotten better. A few weeks ago I was patrolling off the North end of the Philippines and I decided to surface and finish off a damaged lone merchant with my deck gun...well....I didn't check to see if it was armed. Turns out, it was armed to the teeth. It didn't end well. I lost my batteries and bow tubes. I had almost full load of torpedoes in the forward room. I had to cut that patrol short. On the way back to Fremantle, I got a contact report of a convoy running through an area close to my patrol grid. I couldn't engage because I had almost no torpedoes so a night surface attack was out of the question and I didn't have batteries to maneuver underwater with.

So be aggressive in your attacks, but be careful. :up:

Just seconds ago I ended my patrol a little earlier than planned. I left Manila and patrolled south of Formosa and saw nothing. My next order was to patrol between Ryukyu and Kyushu. On my way there I stopped in Taipei and downed 2 Large Passenger Ships as well as 3 auxiliary gun boats. I had been dodging planes all day and gaining ground at night. The speed was at x2048 and when (a plane is my guess) I received a hole in the side something got very loud. I dove thinking I could repair it and keep going. The damage was much worse than I anticipated and I quickly sank to the bottom at 220 feet. My crew tried their best to repair the bulkhead and main compressor, but to no avail.

Red October1984
01-21-13, 11:11 PM
Just seconds ago I ended my patrol a little earlier than planned. I left Manila and patrolled south of Formosa and saw nothing. My next order was to patrol between Ryukyu and Kyushu. On my way there I stopped in Taipei and downed 2 Large Passenger Ships as well as 3 auxiliary gun boats. I had been dodging planes all day and gaining ground at night. The speed was at x2048 and when (a plane is my guess) I received a hole in the side something got very loud. I dove thinking I could repair it and keep going. The damage was much worse than I anticipated and I quickly sank to the bottom at 220 feet. My crew tried their best to repair the bulkhead and main compressor, but to no avail.

Do like they did historically. Run submerged during the day and kick up the engines on the surface at night. In the early war, run at periscope depth with your Air Search Radar antenna up. Once you get surface radar, run at radar depth and dive when a plane closes in. I learned that tactic from War in the Boats: My WW2 Submarine Battles by Captain William J. Ruhe, USN (ret.). I recommend it if you like Silent Hunter 4. There are some things you can learn from that book. Ruhe served on the S-37, USS Seadragon, and USS Crevalle. I would've loved to meet the guy.

jahwillprovide
01-21-13, 11:57 PM
Do like they did historically. Run submerged during the day and kick up the engines on the surface at night. In the early war, run at periscope depth with your Air Search Radar antenna up. Once you get surface radar, run at radar depth and dive when a plane closes in. I learned that tactic from War in the Boats: My WW2 Submarine Battles by Captain William J. Ruhe, USN (ret.). I recommend it if you like Silent Hunter 4. There are some things you can learn from that book. Ruhe served on the S-37, USS Seadragon, and USS Crevalle. I would've loved to meet the guy.

The porpoise class only has an AA gun :rofl:
I was running like i should.

Rilder
01-22-13, 02:35 AM
Now for the hard part of this free key, finding some way to trade it away or even finding a friend who doesn't own it to give it to them. :O:

jahwillprovide
01-22-13, 08:32 AM
Now for the hard part of this free key, finding some way to trade it away or even finding a friend who doesn't own it to give it to them. :O:

I don't have it because I wasn't signed up for newsletter ;)
If you give it me I'll play an online game with you, I love playing them in CK2

Rilder
01-23-13, 09:58 PM
I don't have it because I wasn't signed up for newsletter ;)
If you give it me I'll play an online game with you, I love playing them in CK2

I generally don't play strategy games in MP, I don't have the playstyle that really melds into a MP environment.

Also, We'll see, I want to see if any direct friends of mine are in need of a copy.

HunterICX
01-24-13, 04:25 AM
:haha: Bought it last sale...:har:

:wah:

HunterICX

Red October1984
01-24-13, 07:09 AM
:haha: Bought it last sale...:har:

Darn the bad luck. :D

jahwillprovide
01-26-13, 02:59 PM
I generally don't play strategy games in MP, I don't have the playstyle that really melds into a MP environment.

Also, We'll see, I want to see if any direct friends of mine are in need of a copy.

Penguin
01-27-13, 08:24 AM
For the Steam haters:This version comes without any DRM. It's possible to copy the whole EU3 directory and play it without launching Steam. :yeah:
Thanks to Mr Raptor for the tip! :salute: