PDA

View Full Version : LSH3 V5.1 on Windows 8

Jonny
01-21-13, 04:06 AM
Quiet simple, having problems running this mod on windows 8, SH3 is steam brought, did a fresh install and put the LSH3 in via JSGME. It gets to the main menu, loads in to a campaign mission just fine, I get about 2 km of the mouth of Kiel port into the open ocean and it crashes to desktop with no explanation just that it has stopped working?

Thanks in advance,

Jonny

desertstriker
01-22-13, 12:10 AM
steam games have been having minor problems on windows 8. but that is most likely not the problem. what other mods do you have system specs? be aware that sometimes improperly ordered can cause a CTD in game ,because a certain set of scripts had to go active which might have been flawed, while sailing and doesn't necessarily happen upon loading the game.

GJO
11-23-13, 02:30 PM
Quiet simple, having problems running this mod on windows 8, SH3 is steam brought, did a fresh install and put the LSH3 in via JSGME. It gets to the main menu, loads in to a campaign mission just fine, I get about 2 km of the mouth of Kiel port into the open ocean and it crashes to desktop with no explanation just that it has stopped working?

Thanks in advance,

Jonny

Apologies for bumping and oldish topic but is anyone running SH3 with LSH3-5.1 in Windows 8 ?

I am new here and have been experiencing difficulties running mods on SH3 - I have recently upgraded to a new laptop which came with Windows 8 and I have tried to install LSH3-5.1. I can go through the naval academy routines fine but as soon as I try to launch a mission the red loading bar gets about 95% along and then the program just hangs and nothing else happens.

Any hints or tips?

Thanks,
GJO