PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander and STEAM

kranklys74
01-19-13, 09:54 AM
BUG. Need fixes. Steam and SH3 Instal Dir: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3 /// sh3 commander: D:\SH3 Commander
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mVUkV4r0uw
Thanks for help.

Sailor Steve
01-19-13, 10:18 AM
1. The creator of SH3 Commander finished with it years ago. There will be no more upgrades or changes.

2. SH3 Commander runs fine with disc installations of SH3. I think the problem is Steam. I don't think it's a bug.

3. There may be people who have gotten it to work. If they did, and if they show up, then maybe you'll get it fixed. I hope so.

kranklys74
01-19-13, 11:41 AM
1. The creator of SH3 Commander finished with it years ago. There will be no more upgrades or changes.

2. SH3 Commander runs fine with disc installations of SH3. I think the problem is Steam. I don't think it's a bug.

3. There may be people who have gotten it to work. If they did, and if they show up, then maybe you'll get it fixed. I hope so.

I am use cracked version --> Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) very good mod, no need steam client, but cracked :((

HundertzehnGustav
01-19-13, 12:14 PM
steam = bug
not SH3 commander= bug.

Solution=
Move game to C:/Games/Silent Hunter III

kranklys74
01-19-13, 12:55 PM
steam = bug
not SH3 commander= bug.

Solution=
Move game to C:/Games/Silent Hunter III

Thanks.
Sh3 Commander + SH3 steam version = BUG.
Special thanks h.sie for impressive mod and exe file.

Pisces
01-19-13, 01:05 PM
The message box states that there is already a SH3 game inprogress. So something wasn't correcly shut down the last time. This is (probably) no bug in SH3 Commander. Something else must be wrong. Steam most likely.

kranklys74
01-19-13, 02:19 PM
The message box states that there is already a SH3 game inprogress. So something wasn't correcly shut down the last time. This is (probably) no bug in SH3 Commander. Something else must be wrong. Steam most likely.
Two errors.
1.SH3 commander starting no error window, but ignore all options set by sh3 commander etc. skip intro movie and others. Resiume. Starting SH3 without Sh3 commander options.
2.Game runing error window, but SH3 accept all SH3 commander options.

kranklys74
01-19-13, 04:40 PM
For STEAM users.
1.Close steam client.
2.Create player name in game menu (not change name in sh3 commander starting new carrer !)
3.Don't use - "Rollback automaticaly after exiting SH3" !!!
4.Starting SH3 Commander without STEAM client !!!
4.Exiting game use "Rollback button"
5.Close STEAM client.
Tested and resolved.
Sorry for poor english..

vanjast
01-19-13, 06:18 PM
kranklys74:
Just curious... don't you have 'cyberstores' with cheap-bin games, where you can 'poke' around for old games. we have them all over here ?

cheap-bin games => all the old stuff thrown in here. :D

Sorry - Just in case I've lost it - It means you have to visit a Mall/Shopping Centre

Singed
01-20-13, 01:51 AM
As "calling tech support as it sounds", just restart the computer.

I'm playing SH3 + GWX + mod soup, using the steam version through SH3 commander with no problems at all. I do get that error once in a while after I close SH3 and reopen it, but the load continues and I can play. It thinks a second instance is trying to load, choices are either restart or go pick out the offending programs in task manager.

FYI: Turn off autoupdate in Steam.

Biggest issue I have is that sometimes I have problems getting a change to stick, but I think that is me, not SH3 and not Steam.

Gargamel
01-20-13, 07:28 PM
Errr... ok.... seems to be a lot of gibberish in this thread.... ie unneeded steps.

Just dont use -auto-rollback in SHC. You will be fine.

There seems to be some lag in the steam client booting the SH3 exe, so SHC will apply the changes, then un-apply them before SH3 loads.

No need to manually open and close the steam client.

At least for me. Others may have different results.

You just have to be very very careful when applying anything new to SH3. make back ups of any CFG files you dont want changed and than manually any changes neccesary. It does get messy over time, but thats the price for buying through steam.