PDA

View Full Version : Help with Nav Map

jwhitesj
01-17-13, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I have installed GWX 3.0 and OLC MkII GUI. I noticed my subs location is not on the nav map. It makes it impossible to figure out where things are without a frame of reference. Does anyone know how to fix this?

vanjast
01-18-13, 12:39 AM
CTL+Left MouseClick will place your location under the mouse pointer.
If there is no picture, zoom in - If still no picture, you might have the RealNav mod enabled which does away with the map's sub picture icon.
:hmmm:

Jokerman
01-18-13, 05:05 AM
I am not 100% is this will be the case for you but give it a try. Set a short course of two legs on your map with your course marker. Set you boat moving and the active leg should highlight itself. The open end of this highlighted active leg is your current position. Use the marker to mark that position and regularly update your new position.

Hope this helps

jwhitesj
01-18-13, 05:14 AM
I guess I need to add ACM reloaded, which I have downloaded, and ACM map light, which I'm waiting for permision to download(exceeded daily download limit). That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the replies though.

Andrewsdad
01-18-13, 09:03 AM
I simply use the course tool (triangle). Your position is at one end and the distance/time mark is at the other.

When you scroll the map out your position is visible, but the map scale is pretty big. Most useful then when drawing intercept courses.

AD

jwhitesj
01-18-13, 05:56 PM
After installing ACM map light it works just how I want it. I can zoom way in now, which wasn't possible before, and I can see my boat. The last issue I'm having is brightness of the game. Some screens, especially in the attack periscope screen are just too dark. I'm not quite sure if that is fixable in game or if I need to adjust the brightness from my computer when I want to play this game.

Gargamel
01-18-13, 07:05 PM
In the stickies, keyboard shortcuts, are the commands to brighten and darken the screen.

I forget the exact combo, ctrl-pgup??, else I'd tell you.

Pisces
01-19-13, 08:19 AM
After installing ACM map light it works just how I want it. I can zoom way in now, which wasn't possible before, and I can see my boat. The last issue I'm having is brightness of the game. Some screens, especially in the attack periscope screen are just too dark. I'm not quite sure if that is fixable in game or if I need to adjust the brightness from my computer when I want to play this game.Do realize that is was probably intended. Bright white sections on the screen, like the dials or white metal like graphics, ruin your eye's sensitivity to other dark objects in the view. By reducing the brightness a little your eyes accustom to see better in the darkness. Which is the prime reason for looking at the periscope screen. Similarly it pays to reduce the ambient lighting in your computer environment. Avoid looking directly into lamps. Even an indirectly lit wall might be too much.

But I understand one still needs to be able to see their keyboard and so on.