PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander images

Johnfb
01-15-13, 11:58 AM
Hi All

I had to wipe my PC and upload all programs etc this weekend :nope:
I have put SH3 / GWX etc. back up but cannot remember how to change the images / officer faces in the crew control section of SH3 Commander, in my last outing I had pictures of the DB officer faces in there rather than the stock ones...can one of you nice people point me in the right direction please...many thanks

Johnfb
01-15-13, 12:40 PM
I think found it anyway...:rock:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3116

Hopefully ....:oops:

Sailor Steve
01-15-13, 04:17 PM
Yep, that'll do it.

Johnfb
01-15-13, 05:34 PM
Yep, that'll do it.

Hi Sailor Steve
And it is activated by JSGME???

Thanks

Sailor Steve
01-15-13, 06:07 PM
Yes, if you want. Putting them in manually is always an option, but JSGME is better.

Johnfb
01-15-13, 06:14 PM
Yes, if you want. Putting them in manually is always an option, but JSGME is better.

You dah man.....:yeah: :yeah: :up:

Johnfb
01-17-13, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately this mod didnt work for some reason but found another in the mods section...still would prefer the das boot boys instead...ah well....out to sea I go.

Heres what I used:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=594

Sailor Steve
01-17-13, 11:23 AM
Unfortunately this mod didnt work for some reason...
I had a look at it. It's not properly set up for JSGME. There are a couple of different options included. You need to take the SH3 Officer Faces folder (or make a new one). Inside you need a folder that says Data. Inside that you need a folder that says Menu. Inside that you need a folder that says Data (I know, that makes two, but that's the way the game has it set up. Inside that you need a folder that says Ofaces. The path should be SH3 Officer Faces/Data/Menu/Data/Ofaces.

You can then pick and choose which faces you want to put into the Ofaces folder. Then it will work with JSGME.

An alternative is to follow that path in the SH3 folder itself, and just put the files in there.

Johnfb
01-17-13, 11:27 AM
I had a look at it. It's not properly set up for JSGME. I'll work on fixing it.

Thanks Steve...:yeah:

Sailor Steve
01-17-13, 11:33 AM
Note that I rewrote my post telling you how to do it. If you want I can make a JSGME-compatible version, but then it will be my choice which faces go in.

Johnfb
01-17-13, 11:42 AM
Note that I rewrote my post telling you how to do it. If you want I can make a JSGME-compatible version, but then it will be my choice which faces go in.

Well I would appreciate you setting it up with whatever DB faces you see fit as this would be a great help to me and, I would guess, others here too.

If I wanted to try it myself (having NEVER done a mod in my life :oops:) what file extension and pixel size photos would I use...:hmmm:

Thanks in advance

John

Johnfb
01-18-13, 10:13 AM
So I took the lazy way out:

Deleted all picture tga. files from usable folder, and copied all picture files from un-usable one into it.
Now have DB officers in JSGME working in SH3

Johnfb
01-18-13, 10:25 AM
The path should be SH3 Officer Faces/Data/Menu/Data/Ofaces.

You can then pick and choose which faces you want to put into the Ofaces folder. Then it will work with JSGME.

Hi Steve

Have tried a few faces myself but sizes are all over the place...can you tell me what size image is required for correct framed head in game / sh3

Thanks

Sailor Steve
01-18-13, 10:35 AM
I honestly don't know. Were the faces you tried from the Das Boot Faces mod? Don't forget that for each face there are two files, plus the background file Off_sh. All must be replaced for it to work.

Johnfb
01-18-13, 10:50 AM
I honestly don't know. Were the faces you tried from the Das Boot Faces mod? Don't forget that for each face there are two files, plus the background file Off_sh. All must be replaced for it to work.

The ones from your file work perfectly in JSGME now and sh commander....I used the same set up for a trial of a pic I DL from the net and put it in 2 tga files but when I was in barracks in the game, all that came out was a corner of the pic as if the size was way too big...although th file was ok for size in sh commander.

By the way...are both files the same image with different names example:
Off011.tga and Off011_0.tga
Is it the same picture or 2 different ones?

Is the Off_sh a standard background?
john

Sailor Steve
01-18-13, 11:12 AM
Open up one and look at them. Off011 is the actual picture. Off011_0 is a series of smaller pictures. I'm not sure what their purpose is or how they work, but they are necessary. Yes, Off_sh is the common background. I'm not sure if it varies from the stock version, but since it was included with the mod I'd make sure it went in with the rest of them, just in case.

Johnfb
01-18-13, 11:13 AM
Open up one and look at them. Off011 is the actual picture. Off011_0 is a series of smaller pictures. I'm not sure what their purpose is or how they work, but they are necessary. Yes, Off_sh is the common background. I'm not sure if it varies from the stock version, but since it was included with the mod I'd make sure it went in with the rest of them, just in case.

:yeah: