PDA

View Full Version : question about time compression

MadMac44
01-10-13, 06:24 PM
hi all !

question here :

is there any shortcut to prevent clicking + button continuously to make compression 1024 with one click ?

HundertzehnGustav
01-10-13, 07:01 PM
not that i know of - but you can edit the files so it drops down to 0 or 1 less often.

The result is similar: less pushing of "+"...?

Raptor
01-10-13, 08:07 PM
YES

Set max TC with a single hit

Go to C:\whatever\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg\Comma nds_en.cfg and open with Notepad/Editor.

Scroll to [Cmd5] and add

Key1=0x6A,R,"Npad *"

It should look like this:

[Cmd5]
Name=Time_compr_increase
Ctxt=1,2,6,9
MnID=0x3F010001
Key0=0x6B,,"Npad +"
Key1=0x6A,R,"Npad *"

Save your changes!

This enables the Numpad * key to maximize TC with a single hit!

AND IT’s OPPOSITE………….

In stock SH3, hitting Backspace will pause the game. Hitting it again will unpause it at 1x.

However, if you go into Silent Hunter III/Data/Cfg/Commands.en (or whichever language you're using) you can change this:

[Cmd6]
Name=Time_compr_normal
Ctxt=1,2,6,9

To look like this:

[Cmd6]
Name=Time_compr_normal
Ctxt=1,2,6,9
Key0=0x0D,,"Enter"

And you'll drop to 1x every time you hit the Numpad Enter key.

Troublous_Haze
01-11-13, 03:12 AM
hi all !

question here :

is there any shortcut to prevent clicking + button continuously to make compression 1024 with one click ?

Basicly to avoid sudden "aircraft spotted" over your head surprizes you should set max TC to 256.

Raptor
01-11-13, 01:20 PM
Its my understanding that airbases won't spawn at TCs above 128X.

Nonetheless, you can make several changes to the Main.cfg file to make sure the game drops TC to 1X automatically when certain events (aircraft or ships spotted) occur during high TC.

BE AWARE, if you already have a career running in SH3 or GWX, there is a second copy of Main.cfg in your MyDocuments/whatever/data/Cfg folder that must also be changed. If you are not currently running a career, you need change only the default copy in SilentHunterIII/data/Cfg That file is automatically copied to MyDocuments when you start a new career.

Here is my edited Main.cfg with the SH3 default readings in red bold.

[TIME COMPRESSION] as modified
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=512 (SH3 default = 4) lets me go much faster past land but adds risk of grounding. Use with caution
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1 <= Be sure this is set to 1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=1 (SH3 default = 8) avoid nasty surprises that might otherwise appear too fast for you to react
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
PrayState=512 (SH3 default = 8) allows higher TC when bypassing targets or waiting for them to come closer
HunterState=512 (SH3 default = 32) as above
3DRender=32
Maximum=4096 (SH3 default = 1024) increases TC for long distance travel to US, Caribbean, Indian Ocean. BE SURE YOUR SYSTEM CAN HANDLE THIS WITHOUT STUTTERING OR DROPPING FRAME RATES TO ZERO. You'll have to play with this setting to learn what your maximum can be.