PDA

View Full Version : Videos tutorials on OLC GUI mod

gege212007
01-06-13, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone !

First of all I wish you an happy new year.

Just one thing I have not well understood in the main video tutorial on OLC GUI (not the Gold OLC GUI part).

As I don't want repeat what I have already written, I give you the link on the download part of these forum for the Videos OLC GUI tutorials vid's.

My question is in the gege212007 post of this subject. I think the latest for the moment

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1112

Just in case if this subject was not often read.

Thank you for your help and advice
Best regards
Gerard

u crank
01-06-13, 06:47 PM
Happy New Year to you as well.

I believe the number you are looking for is 180 degrees. Quoting from the read me for OLC's GUI 1.2.7 "If the ship is heading away from you then subtract the indicated angle from 180 degrees to get the correct AOB and then enter this in the TDC." In this case it would be 180 minus 50 = 130 degrees.

Hope this has been helpful. And welcome to SubSim Gerard. :salute:

gege212007
01-07-13, 05:45 AM
Hi u crank !

Thank you very much for this accuracy .

I don't remember me have read what you relate in the read me file in the OLC GUI 1.2.7.

I go to read again this file.

Thank you for your help.

Gerard

u crank
01-07-13, 06:06 PM
You are quite welcome Gerard. Glad to be a help.

I don't remember me have read what you relate in the read me file in the OLC GUI 1.2.7.

I'm not sure where I got this. What it is actually called is 'OLC GUI Quick Reference guide by Skookum.' It either came with the mod download or the tutorial.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good hunting. :salute:

gege212007
01-08-13, 08:58 AM
You are quite welcome Gerard. Glad to be a help.

I'm not sure where I got this. What it is actually called is 'OLC GUI Quick Reference guide by Skookum.' It either came with the mod download or the tutorial.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good hunting. :salute:

Hi u crank

Yes I was surprised because with the download package of the OLC Gui 1.2.7 there was only two pdf files who don't relate such explanation. They explain only how to install the mod and a part explaining how to use the UZO in surface attack.

I go to research the OLC GUI Quick reference guide by Skookum now.

Thank you for your patience and your assistance.

In the case I don't find this reference guide by Skookum, could you send me this file if you have it ? I will give you my E-mail to send the file ! I believe my e-mail adress is in my profil too .

Best regards
Gerard

u crank
01-08-13, 06:51 PM
Hi Gerard.

I guess my age is starting to show. :O:

I can't remember where I got that guide. Any way if you can't find it I'll send you a copy. I did a google search and found it here.

'OLC GUI Quick reference guide by Skookum Sukhoi.Ru'

I searched Subsim but all the posts were old and the links dead.

Let me know if you need it. Again glad to help. That's what SubSim is all about.

Regards, crank.

gege212007
01-08-13, 08:20 PM
Very well u crank :yeah:

I found it !

Thank you so much for your help

Now I go to read this doc.

Have a nice day.

Best regards
Gerard

Pisces
01-11-13, 10:30 AM
It is possible he made a mistake, and said the wrong number. Infact, I think I commented on this to OLC back in the days. (recording videos can be stressfull) But I'm sick with the flu right now, and it is quite old, so don't trust me on this.

If the target is moving away, and the (Range and-) AOB-finder gives you a value less than 90 degrees, then you subtract that from 180 degrees. That I'm very sure of being correct.