PDA

View Full Version : Formula for speed, course etc.

MadMac44
01-06-13, 06:51 AM
Hi all!

I need a link to ?formulas? for everything needed to prepare a torpedo solution.
I want to play really hardcore :rock:.

So please give me a link or something .

ReallyDedPoet
01-06-13, 10:44 AM
This may be a helpful link:

Here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1861791&postcount=1)

Fubar2Niner
01-06-13, 10:52 AM
Nice link mate, many thanks :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Sailor Steve
01-06-13, 10:56 AM
Truly hardcore? Bear in mind that to be a submarine captain you had to go through months of training in trigonometry and calculus, then several years of service as a junior officer, finally working your way up to executive officer (1WO) for the Germans, at which time you would be responsible for all the plotting and calculating. By the time you were captain you would have an instinctive knowledge of a ship's course and speed just by looking at it. The calculations would be merely to confirm what you already knew in your head.

'Submarine Captain' was a full-time job for those who lived it.

Yes, doing all your own calculations is cool, and no, I don't do it. It's beyond my capabilities. But good luck to you and I hope it works out. :sunny:

ReallyDedPoet
01-06-13, 12:26 PM
Nice link mate, many thanks :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

:up:

Gargamel
01-06-13, 12:59 PM
Try this (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/search.php) too.... theres lots of links in this one to answer most of these threads you've started and demanded answers in.

MadMac44
01-06-13, 02:53 PM
Truly hardcore? Bear in mind that to be a submarine captain you had to go through months of training in trigonometry and calculus, then several years of service as a junior officer, finally working your way up to executive officer (1WO) for the Germans, at which time you would be responsible for all the plotting and calculating. By the time you were captain you would have an instinctive knowledge of a ship's course and speed just by looking at it. The calculations would be merely to confirm what you already knew in your head.

'Submarine Captain' was a full-time job for those who lived it.

Yes, doing all your own calculations is cool, and no, I don't do it. It's beyond my capabilities. But good luck to you and I hope it works out. :sunny:

I just need to try !

PS. thanks for all !!