PDA

View Full Version : Commander issue? Or Steam?

jacobsmith2
12-27-12, 01:43 PM
Hello,

I used to play SH3 w/ GWX and commander. Over this winter break I wanted to play it again but I could not find my DVD to install. So I broke down and bought the game off of Steam (I dislike steam as much as the next guy). I got GWX installed fine and the game is running great. I am having an issue with the commander application though. The changes that I make on the commander settings do not affect any ingame values, for instance, changing the "show hull integrity" does not actually make the hull integrity show in the game. The only thing that appears to work from commander is that it does apply the name of my captain to the when I go to start a new career, but no other settings apply to the game.

I did update the path that commander follows to the folder in which SH3 is located since it is not that default path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3

Is this the path that commander is looking for? I also installed (or attempted to, I assume it worked) the patch for commander to make it compatible with GWX.

I did do a search in the forum here but I didn't see this issue.

Thanks for any reply, I can't wait to get back into this game.

Gerald
12-27-12, 02:13 PM
Hello there,are ya use SH3 Commander?, a very good instrument to the game,that allows you to do many different things,and welcome to SUBSIM :salute: links for SH3 Commander,

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2923

Cfg,files for SH3 Commander,

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1421

jacobsmith2
12-27-12, 02:49 PM
Thanks, I actually had the files but they were not working with my copy of SH3. For some reason it works now though, even though I did not make any changes. But I am not going to ask why. :rock:

Sorry for the dumb thread :P

Jimbuna
12-27-12, 02:49 PM
Hello,

I used to play SH3 w/ GWX and commander. Over this winter break I wanted to play it again but I could not find my DVD to install. So I broke down and bought the game off of Steam (I dislike steam as much as the next guy). I got GWX installed fine and the game is running great. I am having an issue with the commander application though. The changes that I make on the commander settings do not affect any ingame values, for instance, changing the "show hull integrity" does not actually make the hull integrity show in the game. The only thing that appears to work from commander is that it does apply the name of my captain to the when I go to start a new career, but no other settings apply to the game.

I did update the path that commander follows to the folder in which SH3 is located since it is not that default path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3

Is this the path that commander is looking for? I also installed (or attempted to, I assume it worked) the patch for commander to make it compatible with GWX.

I did do a search in the forum here but I didn't see this issue.

Thanks for any reply, I can't wait to get back into this game.

If you have a secondary drive, D for example, create a games folder in there and start again.

Uninstall from C first and delete the SH3 folder then do a registry clean.

Any problems post here or PM me.

Jimbuna
12-27-12, 02:52 PM
Thanks, I actually had the files but they were not working with my copy of SH3. For some reason it works now though, even though I did not make any changes. But I am not going to ask why. :rock:

Sorry for the dumb thread :P

Sadly, I suspect you may face problems later with your x86 folder....best you do as I've suggested.