PDA

View Full Version : silent hunter 3 gwx3

milford140
12-24-12, 12:51 PM
After following all the instructions this will not load. It also causes the new installation to crash. Could do with some help please.:down:

Fubar2Niner
12-24-12, 01:02 PM
Firstly welcome aboard :salute:

Now a bit more info please. You have a fresh install patched to 1.4b sh3 ?

Also system specs please.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Jimbuna
12-24-12, 02:37 PM
Welcome and in addition to the correct line of questionning by Fubar...where did you get the files and what type ie: one exe plus seven bin files or the full single exe installation file?

Spirit X
12-24-12, 06:37 PM
Hmm, I don't want to hijack the thread but I wonder if this could be the same issues I have encountered.

I have the Steam install (automatically patched to 1.4), running Vista home premium and downloaded the GWX3 GOLD. I found the SH3 install in the steam folder structure and installed the mod there.

Install went totally fine. Then when I tried to run the game, I got the error message from Steam: 'Failed to load game (app already running)'. Tried lots of times with both the new GWX shortcut and the old SH3 one but no joy.

Gerald
12-24-12, 07:30 PM
:sunny: You have received good advice above you, I hope it works out for you,Just a small question, you installed them in the program files, x86?

Jimbuna
12-25-12, 08:08 AM
Hmm, I don't want to hijack the thread but I wonder if this could be the same issues I have encountered.

I have the Steam install (automatically patched to 1.4), running Vista home premium and downloaded the GWX3 GOLD. I found the SH3 install in the steam folder structure and installed the mod there.

Install went totally fine. Then when I tried to run the game, I got the error message from Steam: 'Failed to load game (app already running)'. Tried lots of times with both the new GWX shortcut and the old SH3 one but no joy.

If you have a separate drive to C, create a games folder and install it there.

Spirit X
12-25-12, 06:59 PM
If you have a separate drive to C, create a games folder and install it there.

That's fixed it yes. Thank you my friend.

Jimbuna
12-25-12, 07:12 PM
That's fixed it yes. Thank you my friend.

Your most welcome :salute:

desertstriker
12-26-12, 03:18 PM
i have found running as an admin and altering privileges of the SH3 folder prevents those issues too.