PDA

View Full Version : GWX kiel canal waypont not working

ChaosDuck7
12-23-12, 09:50 PM
I just installed SH3 with the exe hardfix patch.

Everything seems to be working fine however the kiel canal waypoint (the outbound one) is WAYYYY off. It plots the complete opposite way (IIRC like to the northeast)

Yes, I did not move the boat AT ALL. The very first thing i did was go to the NO and plot it. I have tried with both the type 2 and type 7 and same thing happened.

Thanks

Sailor Steve
12-23-12, 11:11 PM
I only know what I've heard other say. For myself, I've never liked the idea and never used it. I prefer to do my own plotting.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Albrecht Von Hesse
12-23-12, 11:41 PM
You may have to plot from a specific position and not necessarily from dock. Look at the 2nd picture on this post and try plotting from where the cursor is pointing.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1948872&postcount=10

HundertzehnGustav
12-24-12, 02:30 AM
make sure you are using the right course...?
its obvious that from kiel to W'Hafen you are going more south. so use the south button.
from Whafen to Kiel, you are going a bit to the north, so use the UP button.

Been there, done that.

HW3
12-24-12, 11:29 AM
You may have to plot from a specific position and not necessarily from dock. Look at the 2nd picture on this post and try plotting from where the cursor is pointing.

This applies if you are using the mod "GWX 3 Wilhelmshaven, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ship V7". In that mod you have to navigate through the locks before using the auto plot feature.

:salute:

Jimbuna
12-24-12, 05:49 PM
Aye that.

Gerald
12-24-12, 07:15 PM
I do a manual plotting, which I think is the best actually,:yep: