PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Screensaver

AzraelMedivh
12-21-12, 12:08 PM
Hi, I'm one of the new guys here.
I have a Problem with Screensavers. If I press Ctrl+F11 he makes one but he didn't put it into the SH3 Folder. If i import it to paint, there will only display a black picture. The same thing if I use the button "print". Can anybody help me with it, please?

Second, if I arrive at my home base, there is a marching band. Can I change the music?

Thirdly, I found this thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=197424&highlight=PROMOTIONS does it work propper or are there any problems if a change the cfg files?

I'm playing with GWX3 but if I have bad weather, my crew on the tower does not wear any raining gear? This is a problem that I have only since a few days.

I'm grateful for any tipps and hints you can give me, thx.

Sailor Steve
12-21-12, 12:44 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:

I have a Problem with Screensavers. Can anybody help me with it, please?
Sorry I can't help with that one.

Second, if I arrive at my home base, there is a marching band. Can I change the music?
There is a file in the Data/Sound folder called Fanfara_01. If you have another march you want to play, simply name it to Fanfara_01 and install it.

Or, if you really want to spread your wings, and have the memory, try this mod. It has 25 different band tunes that change randomly.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2822

Thirdly, I found this thread
Sorry, I don't know anything about that one either

I'm playing with GWX3 but if I have bad weather, my crew on the tower does not wear any raining gear? This is a problem that I have only since a few days.
The bad-weather gear is tied directly to the ability to use the guns in bad weather. If you're using a mod that allows the guns to be fired in any weather the bridge crew will never wear their raincoats. The default setting is 7 m/s. I think GWX is set for 11 m/s, which is a good compromise.

Gute jagd!

Gerald
12-21-12, 01:05 PM
:sunny: And good luck.

HundertzehnGustav
12-21-12, 01:22 PM
screensaver problem?
use FRAPS :)

AzraelMedivh
12-21-12, 01:26 PM
thank you for your answers.

AzraelMedivh
12-21-12, 01:40 PM
screensaver problem?
use FRAPS :)

What is FRAPS? I don't know that!

Gerald
12-21-12, 01:44 PM
What is FRAPS? I don't know that! Here,http://www.fraps.com/

Pisces
12-21-12, 03:50 PM
Hi, I'm one of the new guys here.
I have a Problem with Screensavers. If I press Ctrl+F11 he makes one but he didn't put it into the SH3 Folder. If i import it to paint, there will only display a black picture. The same thing if I use the button "print". Can anybody help me with it, please?
...First of all, what you are trying to do is called making "screenshots (German Wiki link) (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screenshot)". Making images of whatever is on your screen at that very moment. And one way or another save to a file. A "screensaver (German Wiki link) (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bildschirmschoner)" is commonly known as a small program that creates interesting effects on your screen (animations, slideshows of personal pictures) when your computer is not doing anything for a while.

Second, what Windows version are you using? It may help in identifying the cause. As since Vista, Windows 7 and 8 Windows doesn't like it when programs create files inside the "Program Files" folderstructure on the C-drive. This happens when you are creating a screenshot. Windows probably ignored your attempt. Or denied it because you weren't able to respond to it by entering a administrator password. As it was hidden in the background because the game was full screen. With Windows XP you will not be prevented making files in the Program Files folder structure. Also, if you did not install the game inside C:\Program Files\SilenthunterIII, but in something like c:\games\SilenthunterIII, then you would have avoided this problem also. It should eventually create .bmp files in the base folder, with a timestamp in the filename like this: SH3Img@1-11-2012_14.0.57_699.bmp

AzraelMedivh
12-21-12, 05:38 PM
Here,http://www.fraps.com/
thanx for the info. I'll try this.

AzraelMedivh
12-21-12, 05:41 PM
@ pisces
Yes, You are right. I'm sorry I took the wrong word. But I ment Screen Shot.

I'm using Windows 7 and I installed the Game in C:/Programme (86)/Ubisoft...

But I will try this FRAPS Programm. maybe it will work. But anyway, thanks for all the info.

Raptor
12-21-12, 07:16 PM
When you installed GWX, you first made a copy of your original SH3 install, then installed GWX onto that copy. This copy is in a different directory than is your original SH3 install. For example, my original install of SH3 is in c:/ProgrmFiles(X86)/Ubisoft/ but my SH3 copy with GWX version is in c:/games/SH3+GWX/

Any GWX screenshots you took are saved in the same directory where you installed SH3 with GWX. For me, that would be in c:/Games/SH3+GWX/SilentHunterIII.

Screenshots you took in SH3 without GWX are in the same directory where you installed SH3 (for me, that's c:/ProgramFiles(X86)/Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII).

I use a 24 inch widescreen monitor and have the same problem with a black screen in the copy if I try to use PRINTSCREEN and then paste into MSPaint. For some reason, Win7 has trouble with that.

ADDENDUM: I am NOT using any widescreen mods. I let my video card scale the image to fullscreen aspect (1920 x 1200).

Pisces
12-22-12, 07:04 AM
Another issue might be the use of the Widescreen mod. But since nobody mentioned using this mod sofar I didn't bring it up. Anyway, I let my graphics chip (NVidia 9600M GT) scale the 1024x768 to full screen maintaining aspectratio. Therefore I don't have further experience with that mod. I only heard screenshots may be a problem with it.

BTW, Fraps is commonly used to make movies, instead of single screenshots. I suppose it is possible to single out frames from a movie that is captured with FRAPS. And save it to a file, but I suspect that is quite a hassle.

AzraelMedivh
12-22-12, 11:22 AM
Well, I tried FRAPS and it works great. Thanks again.

I disabled the All Weather Gun Mod and my crew wears raining gear again.

And the Marching Band plays now a different song.

So thanks everybody for your help!