PDA

View Full Version : Clean install has mods???

guntherprien
12-13-12, 10:53 AM
I have downloaded all the GW3 files to install on a clean download of SH3 from steam.
The download is patched to 1.4,upon clicking the exe file,a dialogue box appears telling me the clean install file has mods in it,and will not let me install the GW mod.
Does anybody know why this is happening?
I have recently reformatted my Win7 pro pc.
I didn't have this problem before the reformat.
Many thanks if you can solve the problem,I'm missing my SH3 like mad.:hmm2:

Gerald
12-13-12, 10:56 AM
How did you do your install? In Program files x86...:hmmm:

guntherprien
12-13-12, 11:33 AM
Yes,I think so.
I'm not all that clever with pc's tbh,mate.

Gerald
12-13-12, 11:44 AM
It's not about being smart and clever, but more to know about this stuff all we have suffered like this no one is spared, so do not worry about it, you took away all the junk files from the old installation before, and you patched correctly newer verisoner should not be necessary patched.

Jimbuna
12-13-12, 12:39 PM
I have downloaded all the GW3 files to install on a clean download of SH3 from steam.
The download is patched to 1.4,upon clicking the exe file,a dialogue box appears telling me the clean install file has mods in it,and will not let me install the GW mod.
Does anybody know why this is happening?
I have recently reformatted my Win7 pro pc.
I didn't have this problem before the reformat.
Many thanks if you can solve the problem,I'm missing my SH3 like mad.:hmm2:

Uninstall...perform a registry clean...install SH3...check it hasn't already been patched.

guntherprien
12-13-12, 12:59 PM
The steam download of SH3 is already patched to 1.4.
I did as you told,and the same result occurred.
I even deleted the entire steam folder and everything in it before re downloading SH3 from steam again,I then clicked on the first GW file which is a small exe file...........I don't get it,lol.:doh:

HundertzehnGustav
12-14-12, 02:47 AM
Gunthr, i do not understand the first message you wrote.

I do not remember the GWX3 installer too much, can you try again and post the exact words?

maybe the GWX installer wants to install to C:\Programs files\Ubisoft\etc
but your game is in C:\program files\steam\Ubisoft\SHIII

Not too familiar witrzh steam anyway, so some generic advice:
Find your SHIII.exe, it is in your main game folder.

Copy the entire game folder out of the Program Files directors.
maybe C:\Mygames\Silent hunter3 or something.

Singed
01-01-13, 12:30 PM
Late to the party and the thread (just getting back in to SH after a year plus and my first go with SHIII + GWX).

HundertzehnGustav is absolutely correct about the GWX installer on Steam installations. I bumped in to the same thing, just point the installer at the steam version of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3 directory and let it rip.

Confused the crud out of me for a few minutes.

guntherprien
01-06-13, 02:31 PM
Thank you both,it worked a treat.
I wish I could pin a medal on you both,I couldn't remember how to install the mod for the life of me !!
Happy hunting,and stay safe.