PDA

View Full Version : Strange Encounter in the South China Sea

Red October1984
12-09-12, 08:01 PM
December 24th, 1941

I get my orders to transfer to Surabaya, Java while on patrol. When i was towards the bottom of the South China Sea, I got a new warship contact. Only one....I was suspicious and followed it. Soon, a gray "ship sunk" icon appeared to my east. I ran at full speed to the mark and what do I find?

A German Type IX-D2 u-boat with full watch crew on deck. No flag was flying. I asked my watch officer if there were any visual contacts, but there were none. Added to this was the sea state. The waves were huge and pitching both boats back and forth. There was about 100 feet of water here so the boat didn't hit the bottom from a wave. Why did it show up as sunk on the map? There was no visible damage. I thought this was a bit strange....

:hmmm:

Cybermat47
12-09-12, 08:02 PM
Sink her to make sense of it :D

Armistead
12-09-12, 08:08 PM
Strange, I don't recall any German subs in RSRD that early.

Red October1984
12-09-12, 08:14 PM
TMO+RSDRC. Im running a few smaller mods too...

I have concluded that Sailor Steve's water mod doesn't work or im doing it wrong. :salute:

Sailor Steve
12-09-12, 08:21 PM
I have concluded that Sailor Steve's water mod doesn't work or im doing it wrong. :salute:
How are you doing it?

Red October1984
12-09-12, 08:35 PM
How are you doing it?

I copied the three folders:
Pacific Water
Med Water
Atlantic Water

to the MODS folder. I activated Pacific water and it didnt look like the screenshots.