PDA

View Full Version : Uboat Training Via Ipad

Cowboy10uk
12-09-12, 03:06 PM
Hi all, well after deciding to relaunch myself here, and setting up my SH3 with all the stunning mods here. I have decided that after 6 years at sea, it is finally time to knock it up a notch and try and learn how to do this, rather than sitting at 25% realism and waiting for the green triangle to show. Even then I cant hit anything but hey ;)

SO the question, now we have the use of tablets etc for storing info, is there anything out there that would help to teach me how to do this on the Ipad.

E.G. Training Videos, PDF Manuals, targeting apps etc.

Basiclly I was planning to use my IPad the same way I teach myself on my flight sims, I tend to have the manual or follow a video on the Ipad, then do the same on the sim, and hopefully understand it. Dosnt happen often but hey ;)

Ive downloaded the Hunt Pdf that is on here, so my that is my first port of call, I also have the Uboat commanders handbook downloaded on my Kindle app, which i hope will give me some insight, as well as Wazoos, Manual Charting and Targeting manual.

Just wondering if you guys who have been learning this stuff for years can give me any helpful advice or point me to some useful training material.

I appreciate that im in for a long slog and that it is very confusing, but if i can learn a full startup on the Blackshark or A10, im hoping i can learn the basics of tracking, TDU and attacking. :) Staying alive would also be a bonus.

Cowboy10uk

Cybermat47
12-09-12, 05:12 PM
I don't know if there are actually any apps for this. I've never seen one before.

HundertzehnGustav
12-09-12, 06:44 PM
do not get detected.
run silent, dive deep
let the weapons dude shoot the eels.
use common sensse and behave in a defensive manner.

nothing more is needed.

Sailor Steve
12-09-12, 06:51 PM
^ ^ ^

Ah, the voice of experience. :sunny:

Good thing we can die, then come back and learn from it. :D

benitorios
12-09-12, 11:21 PM
I don't think there are apps for that, but you could use your iPad to view the Youtube tutorials while you're playing. Try searching for Silent Hunter 3 tutorial or training, there's a few of them.

There are also some great resources, sometimes hidden gems within these forums. I've bookmarked individual posts or entire threads, so that I can go back to those for a quick check.