I-25
12-04-12, 02:28 PM
http://alert5.com/2012/12/04/photo-plaaf-j-7-crashed-into-building-4-hurt/

Looks like they need more training..:D

glad no one was killed

Oberon
12-04-12, 02:32 PM
Ouch.

Training or maintenance, the J-7s aren't exactly a modern design...

Jimbuna
12-04-12, 06:46 PM
Lucky nobody was killed.

Stealhead
12-04-12, 09:35 PM
I never get why this type of thing sometimes makes news and then other times does not.

There are a few crashes involving just USAF aircraft every year it really is not that uncommon nor is it always a a sign of poor maintenance.Some times accidents happen flying after all is dangerous.

Trust me they would announce an "in air emergency"(something wrong in flight) once a week over the radio network when I was in the Air Force and I was only on one net.But I got to watch the plane land and have all the fire trucks waiting on it then all is fine.Even the very expensive B-2 has its bad days one was destroyed after the fly by wire system glitched out just after take off from Anderson AFB(Guam) then crew was able to safely eject that is equal in cost to maybe 200 J-7s crashing.

No serious accidents ever where I was stationed (maybe I am good luck) but you hear through the grape vine about each and everyone in your branch and they are pretty common they don't always destroy a n aircraft or kill anyone but they happen fairly often and there are usually at least 20 aircraft destroying crashes in the US military each year.Lots of things can simply go wrong keep that from your mind the next time you fly.:D take off and landing is the most dangerous times.

Oberon
12-04-12, 09:49 PM
I never get why this type of thing sometimes makes news and then other times does not.

I think in this case it's up to the OP, certainly it's not mentioned on the BBCs website at first glance. A Saudi F-15 went down in the Gulf on Sunday too, and an Indian Jaguar crashed on landing on Friday.