PDA

View Full Version : Slovenian ex-PM Borut Pahor wins presidency

Jimbuna
12-02-12, 05:11 PM
Your thoughts and comments Betenov:

Former Slovenian PM Borut Pahor has won an emphatic victory in the country's presidential run-off election.
With almost all votes counted, Mr Pahor polled 67% to incumbent President Danilo Turk's 33% in a poll following days of protests over the economy and alleged government corruption.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20571215

Betonov
12-03-12, 12:33 AM
No comment.

We managed to elect for the president someone that coulnd't hold the goverment together as a PM. :nope:

I'll write about it later, got to go back to the grind now

Jimbuna
12-03-12, 07:09 AM
Divvun work too hard bonny lad :)

Betonov
12-03-12, 11:20 AM
Today was one of those days.

Woken up by an earthquake, the Earth must have LOLed when Pahor got elected.
Then worked 10 hours of lamination and tommorow 10 hours of aplying paste.

Betonov
12-03-12, 01:45 PM
What can I say about Pahor ??

A lot. Mostly profanity. He was a president of SD party, a left liberal, when they won the parliamentary elections in 2008 against SDS party leader, Janez Jansa (thats' correct, present is the second time he's PM).

But the votes for Pahor were less for Pahor but more against Jansa. The 4 years of Jansas term was marked with corruption, back door dealings, connection apointments and doing everything so transparent, like he was deliberatly mocking the nation. And his worst crime: bringing up the civil war during WW2 to further divide the nation.

Then came Pahor. Considered first as a breath of fresh air. A left wing leader in a left leaning country. But as we soon found out he was far from being a leader. While jansa was considered a jerk surounded by idiots, pahor was an idiot surounded by jerks. His cabinet was as bad as Jansa and most of Pahors media time was spent trying to justify the bad deals made by his ministers and staff. In the meantime Jansa, now leader of the oposition threw enough wrenches in the works that hardly any law was passed.

And then the economy crashed. Response was slow, undetermined and further hindered by Jansa. His actions to save the country were illogical at best, complete retardism at worst. So were his quotes in the media. George W. Bush was Plato in comparison. Just months before the parliamentary elections of 2012 the parliament voted a no-confidence act against the goverment and the president issued early elections.

Elections Jankovic (current mayor of Ljubljana and leader of PS party, left wing) won, but Jansa managed to become PM trough ''party support dealings''. And we got a right wing goverment again.

And now Pahor won the presidential election by support from no other than Janez Jansa.

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/481617_454656451260925_937993022_n.jpg

Jimbuna
12-03-12, 01:53 PM
Now that is precisely why politics is losing its appeal to so many around the globe.

Herr-Berbunch
12-03-12, 03:18 PM
An awful lot of left in Slovenia, time to start your own right wing party and kick some left buttock. Unite your country and invade your neighbour for more coastline. I'll vote for you.

Betonov
12-03-12, 03:22 PM
I remember high school playing Superpower 2, invading, nuking, isolating, terorising Croatia :D

nikimcbee
12-03-12, 04:36 PM
Don't blame me, I voted for Betonov.:D

Look at the bright side Betonov, you could be in Serbia. Atleast you don't have to worry about vampires.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/12/01/vampire-serbia/1739615/

Jimbuna
12-03-12, 05:09 PM
Don't blame me, I voted for Betonov.:D

LOL :)