PDA

View Full Version : Gay-Marriage Views and the Black Gender Gap

Gerald
11-21-12, 04:24 PM
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8742/blackmalehomophobia.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/blackmalehomophobia.jpg/)

Experts discuss a report that among blacks, men are more likely than women to oppose same-sex nuptials.

(The Root) -- Though President Obama's re-election was widely celebrated in the black community, and his victory attributed to the overwhelming support he enjoyed among black voters, there was another victory on Nov. 6 -- credited at least in part to black voters -- that has not received nearly as much attention.

Same-sex marriage was approved in ballot measures in three states, including Maryland. According to exit polls, black voters played a significant role in the legalization of same-sex marriage in Maryland: Twenty-nine percent of its population is African American, and 46 percent of them voted in support of same-sex marriage.

But an analysis of national data shows that despite high-profile support from African-American men like President Obama and Jay-Z, political support within the black community for legalizing same-sex marriage is being driven largely by women. The Washington Post notes that nationally, 59 percent of black women now support gay marriage, compared with 42 percent of black men, which the Post terms "a huge gender gap."

http://www.theroot.com/views/gay-marriage-views-and-black-gender-gap

Note: November 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Betonov
11-21-12, 05:11 PM
The way I see it, when we were hunter-gatherers, it was bad for men to be gay, since if there were two hunters getting it on in the bushes, the group had two hunters that werent active in taking down the animal.
While women had to entertain themselves while waiting in the caves.

Gerald
11-21-12, 05:39 PM
Sounds like a statement from the Stone Age, nothing personal Bet.

Betonov
11-21-12, 05:42 PM
It's supposed to be a statement from the stone age :D

Stealhead
11-21-12, 05:51 PM
The way I see it, when we were hunter-gatherers, it was bad for men to be gay, since if there were two hunters getting it on in the bushes, the group had two hunters that werent active in taking down the animal.

Sounds funny to me.On the up side the women had no shoes nor socks in the Stone Age and always followed the rule of women being barefoot in the kitchen a cave being a multipurpose room.

If the cooking spit was outside well the women where still barefoot around wondering why there was less meat to eat not knowing of the two inactive hunters.Well inactive in hunting at least.

So most black men don't support the idea of gay marriage the reason is because they dislike Prince.

Skybird
11-21-12, 06:02 PM
And another non-story about a "gender-gap" that moves the world. Okay then, send in the social engineers, turn the childrens' heads over and over again like screw-caps, and lecture the public on that there is no such thing like "women" and "men", until we have gotten a 50:50 parity between black males and black females regarding them promoting gay marriage.

Really, there is no clownery these genderistas consider to be below even their already low standards. But still - no real word on the interests of men! The biggest gender gap still remains to stay there, unadressed! I mean the gender gap in delivery rooms! Let's do something about it! Quick, before heaven is falling, Earth stops moving, and my chocolate bar has come to a greasy end!

I hereby assure that by "chocolate bar" I did not mean to refer to and did not wish to offend black people, nor did I wish to discriminate women when referring to them as "women" or "females", nor did I wish to imply a superior status of male men or non-male men when referring to them as "men" or "males". There is only the naked ape, long live the holy neuter, FSM bless you all.

P.S. Isn't calling black people "black people" considered to be derogatory? Last time I called a black a black, he complained. What is the politically correct wording in this decade now? Pigmented?

Madox58
11-21-12, 06:05 PM
In a date and age where Color is supposed to be ignored for whatever reasoning?
Who is behind the 'let's use any tactic to stop Gay marragies'?

I say let the Gays suffer the same as straight people that get hitched.
In a way? It may change some Laws that work against the Man in a divorce.

Stealhead
11-21-12, 06:23 PM
And another non-story about a "gender-gap" that moves the world. Okay then, send in the social engineers, turn the childrens' heads over and over again like screw-caps, and lecture the public on that there is no such thing like "women" and "men", until we have gotten a 50:50 parity between black males and black females regarding them promoting gay marriage.

Really, there is no clownery these genderistas consider to be below even their already low standards. But still - no real word on the interests of men! The biggest gender gap still remains to stay there, unadressed! I mean the gender gap in delivery rooms! Let's do something about it! Quick, before heaven is falling, Earth stops moving, and my chocolate bar has come to a greasy end!

I hereby assure that by "chocolate bar" I did not mean to refer to and did not wish to offend black people, nor did I wish to discriminate women when referring to them as "women" or "females", nor did I wish to imply a superior status of male men or non-male men when referring to them as "men" or "males". There is only the naked ape, long live the holy neuter, FSM bless you all.

P.S. Isn't calling black people "black people" considered to be derogatory? Last time I called a black a black, he complained. What is the politically correct wording in this decade now? Pigmented?

This just in chocolate bars are reporting feeling offended by being described as having a greasy end.:D

AVGWarhawk
11-21-12, 06:27 PM
In a date and age where Color is supposed to be ignored for whatever reasoning?
Who is behind the 'let's use any tactic to stop Gay marragies'?

I say let the Gays suffer the same as straight people that get hitched.
In a way? It may change some Laws that work against the Man in a divorce.

Pivateer is on to something here. Besides all the accolades of a union, enjoy the utter nightmare they could become. :up: Makes for good Lifetime Network movies. :haha:

Stealhead
11-21-12, 06:29 PM
Pivateer is on to something here. Besides all the accolades of a union, enjoy the utter nightmare they could become. :up: Makes for good Lifetime Network movies. :haha:

They already have thier own network its called Logo all gay all the time.If you have Direct TV it is in the same neighborhood as History and NatGeo.

Red Brow
11-21-12, 09:04 PM
Just an opinion: live and let live.

more succinct.

Red Brow
11-21-12, 10:11 PM
More acidic irony to the rescue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-YCdcnf_P8

translate that...beep, beep, beeeep blink, blink dork zonk-duuuuuuh.

August
11-21-12, 10:43 PM

Sounds funny to me.On the up side the women had no shoes nor socks in the Stone Age and always followed the rule of women being barefoot in the kitchen a cave being a multipurpose room.

If the cooking spit was outside well the women where still barefoot around wondering why there was less meat to eat not knowing of the two inactive hunters. Well inactive in hunting at least.

So most black men don't support the idea of gay marriage the reason is because they dislike Prince.

You guys got it all wrong. The men were the hunters but the women were the gatherers.

When you hunt you don't talk much or you won't catch anything. When you gather it's safer to keep up a running chatter in order to keep the group from drifting apart and to scare away predators. This is why women tend to talk much more than men. Ancient instinct. :yep:

magic452
11-22-12, 01:48 AM
That explains why hardware stores are much quieter than grocery stores.:know:

Magic

Hottentot
11-22-12, 02:10 AM
You guys got it all wrong. The men were the hunters but the women were the gatherers.

In a way the men were also gatherers: it's far easier to gather the meat from a carcass some real predator has already killed instead of trying to kill it yourself. Not that they always gathered the meat for the women. It tends to be heavy. Better just eat it here when it's fresh...

[And yeah, I saw the tongue in your cheek. I just have an issue with those romantic paintings of men trying to kill a mammoth with spears, but never seeing a picture of men kneeling around a half eaten lion's prey.]

Gerald
11-22-12, 01:01 PM
That explains why hardware stores are much quieter than grocery stores.:know:

Magic LoL :)

August
11-22-12, 06:58 PM
[And yeah, I saw the tongue in your cheek. I just have an issue with those romantic paintings of men trying to kill a mammoth with spears, but never seeing a picture of men kneeling around a half eaten lion's prey.]

Sounds like a good reason to learn how to paint... :)

If you do though make one that shows the lion returning mid feast to reclaim the carcass. That'd be cool!

Hottentot
11-23-12, 01:15 AM
Sounds like a good reason to learn how to paint... :)

I can hardly draw a stick figure on a chalkboard without the pupils asking me why I drew a banana with four frogs sticking from its sides and a hand grenade for head. I can't even write "it's supposed to be a man", because then they are going to ask me a hundred times why did I write a note in Chinese under the said banana.

Good thing the Google image search is never too far away in the classroom. :)

Gerald
11-23-12, 09:14 AM
It's supposed to be a statement from the stone age

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6612/article12126920038e95d0.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/article12126920038e95d0.jpg/)

:D

Jimbuna
11-23-12, 06:54 PM

Aye that :)