PDA

View Full Version : Insider on Kosovo: "We have achieved almost nothing"

Skybird
11-07-12, 06:53 PM
LINK (http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/veteran-insider-provides-grim-account-of-eulex-efforts-in-kosovo-a-865650.html)

Quelle surprise!

Needs no crystal orb to predict that in ten years it all will still be the same. EU's stand on Kosovo was a pathologic reality distortion form day one on. 90% of today'S Kosovarian people are Albanians that during the war moved in masses from Albania to Kosovo - and that was then taken as an excuse to conclude that Kosovo were theirs. :haha: It also did not take a rocket scientist to know in advance that declaring the sovereignity of a country that economically is totally unable to exist by itself and it's own means, is an exercise in futility, necessarily. We will not live long enough to see that pathetic joke of a "nation" being able to run itself, economically.

I doubt that Serbia will come to Kosovo's rescue. First getting kicked, and then kissing the boot?

As I see it, Bosnia is only slightly better off, but nevertheless with a longterm negative outlook as well.

Well. EU. And even if the dream lived just one day, it nevertheless has lived... :haha:

Betonov
11-08-12, 05:17 AM
Just wait until the peacekeepers leave. The Albanians will start forcing the rest of the Serbs out of Kosovo (and it will be violent), Serbia, being confident due to Russias support, will react and we will have another Balkan war.
Those two nations are able to holde a grudge that makes a Sicilian vendetta look a cat fight between two blond bimbos.

CCIP
11-08-12, 08:53 AM
Well I think we knew that about 13 years ago... Pretty sure it's widely known that even militarily, the campaign actually did minimal damage to the Serbs. All it really did was create more bitterness and bad faith in the region.

Betonov
11-08-12, 05:48 PM
Plus it killed any pro-western symphaties in Serbia and pushed it even more into Russias sphere. Which isn't bad for Serbia. It's the only pro-Russian state west of Ukraine and Russia will support them.

Slovenia should stay out of this conflict. Total neutrality. Getting on bad terms with Russia and Serbia would kill our economy. So much trade with Serbia, so much investments from Russia...
But being in NATO and EU makes it imposible now, does it ??