PDA

View Full Version : 2 more UK sldiers killed by insider

eddie
10-30-12, 12:28 PM
2 UK soldiers have been killed by someone dressed in an Afghan police uniform

Sad to hear, my heart goes out to their families.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20138614

Jimbuna
10-30-12, 12:33 PM
Of the 45 British personnel killed in Afghanistan this year, at least 11 have been killed by Afghans they served alongside.

Bring em all home now :nope:

Gerald
10-30-12, 12:37 PM
Sad news,:nope:

eddie
10-30-12, 01:47 PM
Looks like its 4 British soldiers killed in the last week, including a female medic. Plus 2 Americans, still investigating if the 2 Brits died because of an insider.

Wait until you read the last small paragraph about what this certain Afghan has to say about this type of thing!:Kaleun_Mad:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/26/world/asia/service-members-are-killed-in-afghan-attacks.html?ref=afghanistan&_r=0

Jimbuna
10-30-12, 01:56 PM
I wonder what he'll have to say after our people are withdrawn....no doubt praising the Taliban :nope:

Kaye T. Bai
10-30-12, 01:58 PM
Rest in peace to those soldiers.

STEED
10-31-12, 08:20 AM
Bring em all home now :nope:

We should never have set foot in that country.

I want all our troops out now today.

Jimbuna
10-31-12, 08:48 AM
We should never have set foot in that country.

I want all our troops out now today.

Just so long as they aren't made redundant, like some of the air force on their return from North Africa.

Fubar2Niner
10-31-12, 01:38 PM
Just so long as they aren't made redundant, like some of the air force on their return from North Africa.

When I was at the Jubilee Airshow, Duxford this year. It was sad to see stalls for british servicemen and women pleaing for money just so said service people didn't have to live 'on the street'. These are sad times my friends, made worse by an uncaring governmet. Ex service people find it hard to even get psychiatric help for mental wounds.

Enough is enough :timeout: Bring them home NOW, and give them the respect they have earned!

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Jimbuna
10-31-12, 03:03 PM
When I was at the Jubilee Airshow, Duxford this year. It was sad to see stalls for british servicemen and women pleaing for money just so said service people didn't have to live 'on the street'. These are sad times my friends, made worse by an uncaring governmet. Ex service people find it hard to even get psychiatric help for mental wounds.

Enough is enough :timeout: Bring them home NOW, and give them the respect they have earned!

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

:sunny::sunny::sunny:

sidslotm
10-31-12, 05:00 PM
I felt I should reply to this only because my son has completed two combat tours in Afganistan.

Wes assures me survival is about removing all safety catches from weapons and having an un-holstered pistol in visible sight at all times when ever Afgan's of any kind are in the military compounds, He explained his squad was hauled up before the officer and told to replace safety catches and that they where far to aggressive towards Afgan recruits, they refused to co-operate and within a week where transferred to another hostile billet. Within weeks of the transfer an Afgan soldier opened fire and wounded 5 British soldiers, not one of the soldiers was armed, all weapons had been stowed in the armoury on the officers orders.

I know there is a lot of talk about bring there boy's home, that's fair enough. But to the lads out there it's a job, and they do it well, better in fact than most realize given the shortages of kit and soldiers having to buy there own because the issued kit is crap. My greatest pleasure today is simple, I can sit with my son and have a beer with him an for the first time in my life, I listen. My heart is to the fathers who can no longer do this.

Jimbuna
10-31-12, 06:47 PM
I felt I should reply to this only because my son has completed two combat tours in Afganistan.

Wes assures me survival is about removing all safety catches from weapons and having an un-holstered pistol in visible sight at all times when ever Afgan's of any kind are in the military compounds, He explained his squad was hauled up before the officer and told to replace safety catches and that they where far to aggressive towards Afgan recruits, they refused to co-operate and within a week where transferred to another hostile billet. Within weeks of the transfer an Afgan soldier opened fire and wounded 5 British soldiers, not one of the soldiers was armed, all weapons had been stowed in the armoury on the officers orders.

I know there is a lot of talk about bring there boy's home, that's fair enough. But to the lads out there it's a job, and they do it well, better in fact than most realize given the shortages of kit and soldiers having to buy there own because the issued kit is crap. My greatest pleasure today is simple, I can sit with my son and have a beer with him an for the first time in my life, I listen. My heart is to the fathers who can no longer do this.

^ Precisely :yep:

August
10-31-12, 09:37 PM
Rest in peace to those soldiers.

+ 1