Fubar2Niner
10-23-12, 01:20 PM
Deleted missed earlier post

Sailor Steve
10-23-12, 01:22 PM
Deleted, missed your "missed forum" comment. :oops:

Fubar2Niner
10-23-12, 01:25 PM
Yes see it Steve, alas a tad late sorry. Don't know how to delete a post proper.

Sailor Steve
10-23-12, 01:26 PM
And you changed it just as I was writing mine. So I changed mine as well.

Deleting a post is easy, but I don't think you can delete it when it's the Opening Post. :sunny:

Jimbuna
10-23-12, 02:31 PM
Aye, the post header need an Admin (Neal).

Herr-Berbunch
10-24-12, 06:37 AM
It does. I've come here under false pretences. I demand my money back, this attraction isn't worth it. :O:

Fubar2Niner
10-24-12, 08:16 AM
Nothing to see here, move along, move along !

Aces
10-24-12, 08:21 AM
This is not the posting you were looking for!

http://bike29.com/ride29er/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ObiWanMindTrick.jpg

Herr-Berbunch
10-24-12, 08:22 AM
How about a link to the correct post? :hmmm:

Edit: Got it - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=199317

Sailor Steve
10-24-12, 08:24 AM
I did link it in my original reply. Then I deleted it, as it became irrelevant.

Kind of like you. :O:

Herr-Berbunch
10-24-12, 08:31 AM
I did link it in my original reply. Then I deleted it, as it became irrelevant.

Kind of like you. :O:

At least I wasn't too slow, like Fubar. :O:

Fubar2Niner
10-24-12, 08:32 AM
It's my age H-B, or is it my memory........? :hmmm:

Herr-Berbunch
10-24-12, 08:38 AM
It's my age H-B, or is it my memory........? :hmmm:

Pah, you're only 57, must be your memory.

Or your age.

Tick-tock, soon be another year on top. :O:

Aces
10-24-12, 08:47 AM
As Groucho Marx said "A man is only as old as the woman he feels"

Doesn't work for me as my OH is three years OLDER than me. :D

Fubar2Niner
10-24-12, 09:03 AM

Well oil be blowed, same here me ol' mate, is it something about us Londoners you think ? :03:

Aces
10-24-12, 09:05 AM
Nah mate!, I just used to have a thing about older women :D

BTW, do you have Skype?, if so maybe a chat one evening.

Herr-Berbunch
10-24-12, 09:08 AM
As Groucho Marx said "A man is only as old as the woman he feels"

I equal you out, my wife is three years younger. :D

Edit: Obviously I don't equal you and Fubar out.

Aces
10-24-12, 09:15 AM
I hope not mate because that would make you the wrong side of 100!! :D

August
10-24-12, 09:19 AM
Well oil be blowed, same here me ol' mate, is it something about us Londoners you think ? :03:

Nah, my wife is 3 years older than me too, though I do live in "New" England... :)

Aces
10-24-12, 09:24 AM
She'll also be retiring three years ahead of me and then I can achieve one of my life's dreams and become a "kept man" or "toy boy" :D

Her birthday is only four days after mine so for four days a year I'm only two years younger than her and then things are back to normal.

Fubar2Niner
10-24-12, 09:42 AM
@Aces

Mrs Fube 'retired' per se over thirty years ago and became a housewife. Alas Leigh, for me the 'Toy Boy' dream will never become a reality :wah: Her birthday is in August where mine is in December so..... Alak on paper I'm only three years younger for 4-5 months, seems I'm buggered all ways round :wah::wah:

Btw, I fell into the 'older woman' trap after seeing a movie more moons ago than I care to admit, called, 'A Cold Wind in August'......... Geezus that's gonna show my age :haha:

Regarding Skype, don't have it, but looking into it. Looking forward to that chat in the not too distant future, one way or another :yeah:

Aces
10-24-12, 09:58 AM
Hi mate,

Well, I think it's only fair that she retires first after years of me sending her down the mines and also her Saturday job as a chimney sweep!. Apart from anything else it'll greatly reduce our shower gel expediture and there won't be so much soot on the carpet either! :D.
It'll also save a fortune in packed lunches, one apple and one sandwich a day all mounts up, or am I getting confused with Dan Air?.

They say that life begins at 40, so how come I'm more knackered now that I've ever been?. I blame the politicians it's all a con done with smoke and mirrors, then again I blame them for everything from stubbing my toe to the state of the global economy so why should they get away with anything? :D

Skype is free and if you've got a headset then it's more fun talking than typing, accent shouldn't be a problem should it? mi 'ol mucker :D

TTFN

Jimbuna
10-24-12, 10:06 AM
@Aces

Mrs Fube 'retired' per se over thirty years ago and became a housewife. Alas Leigh, for me the 'Toy Boy' dream will never become a reality :wah: Her birthday is in August where mine is in December so..... Alak on paper I'm only three years younger for 4-5 months, seems I'm buggered all ways round :wah::wah:

Btw, I fell into the 'older woman' trap after seeing a movie more moons ago than I care to admit, called, 'A Cold Wind in August'......... Geezus that's gonna show my age :haha:

Regarding Skype, don't have it, but looking into it. Looking forward to that chat in the not too distant future, one way or another :yeah:

Your lucky, my missus is only six months older than me but I am seriously considering retirement at 55 and she is the only stickler, working in the local M&S and not having an index linked government pension....working hard on convincing her though :03:

Sailor Steve
10-24-12, 10:14 AM

Skype is free and if you've got a headset then it's more fun talking than typing, accent shouldn't be a problem should it? mi 'ol mucker :D
I resisted Skype for a long time, but it really is a wonder. It's just like going to a friend's house and having a chat. And, like that, the biggest danger is running out of things to say and feeling guilty for ending the conversation. It's loads of fun to hear Jim say to his wife or daughter "I'm talking to Steve, from America!" :rock:

Aces
10-24-12, 10:20 AM
I am index-linked as follows the more I earn the worse off we get index :D

Still love is still very much alive in our relationship she's obviously not plotting to kill me as she just sent me a lovely romantic text warning me not to trip over the cable for the tumble dryer when I get in from work :D

Yeah I resited Skype too, the thing is, unlike visiting a friend, you are gauranteed that the coffee isn't bitter, the beer is to your liking, you don't have to worry about putting a dent in their cushions or fending off over amorous advances from their dog etc..

Herr-Berbunch
10-24-12, 10:28 AM
Still love is still very much alive in our relationship she's obviously not plotting to kill me as she just sent me a lovely romantic text warning me not to trip over the cable for the tumble dryer when I get in from work :D

Have you not heard the phrase 'keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!'. :o

Aces
10-24-12, 10:30 AM
I have and I do :D

Jimbuna
10-24-12, 11:02 AM
A few years ago I ran a TS server for TGW and the Lolwaffles, it rebled up for SubSim use on occasion and Neal amongst others would attend as time permitted.

Skype is even simpler if not only for the fact the server is hosted by the programme itself, Steve and I speak fairly regularly and it is not uncommon to be joined by Neal, TarJak, Niki et al from time to time.

I can definitely recommend it.

Fubar2Niner
10-24-12, 11:16 AM
I'll sort this Jim, soon as this AV scan is sorted. It'll be nice to put a voice to my friends here :salute:

Fubar2Niner
10-24-12, 12:50 PM
Back in the land of the living, thank the lord. This a FF related thing it seems, system swept using Avast & Spybot Pro. Uninstall FF losing any and all cookies et al then a reinstall, and all is good........ So far. Bad news, my main rig is still scanning........... LOL

Jimbuna
10-24-12, 03:18 PM
See it through to the end for peace of mind if nothing else.