PDA

View Full Version : Drone flight shows Israel is vulnerable: Iran military official

Gerald
10-08-12, 05:10 AM
(Reuters) - The incursion by an unmanned aircraft into Israeli airspace at the weekend exposed the weakness of Israeli air defenses, an Iranian military official was quoted as saying on Monday.

The Israeli air force shot down a drone on Saturday after it crossed into southern Israel, the military said, but it remained unclear where the aircraft had come from.

Jamaluddin Aberoumand, deputy coordinator for Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said the incident indicated that Israel's Iron Dome anti-missile defense system "does not work and lacks the necessary capacity", Fars news agency reported.

The Iron Dome system, jointly funded with the United States, is designed to shoot down short-range guerrilla rockets, not slow-flying aircraft. It intercepted more than 80 percent of the targets it engaged in March when nearly 300 rockets and mortars were fired at southern Israel, the Pentagon said at the time.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/08/us-israel-aircraft-iran-idUSBRE8970AH20121008

Note: Mon Oct 8, 2012 5:42am EDT

eddie
10-08-12, 12:59 PM
I wonder if the Iranians know how many drones are flying over their country right now!?!

Jimbuna
10-08-12, 02:33 PM
I wonder if the Iranians know how many drones are flying over their country right now!?!

Well publicly they'll boast they do but in reality I doubt it.

eddie
10-08-12, 03:36 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of US drones over Iran.

Jimbuna
10-09-12, 08:30 AM

Oh yes, I realised that...but that won't stop them from lying/bluffing.

Herr-Berbunch
10-09-12, 08:58 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of how much the US drones on about Iran. :03:

soopaman2
10-09-12, 06:49 PM
Do they intentionally poke at the US , thinking their BFF's China and Russia will jump in? I am a critic of Israel, but respect their sovereignty. How come UN "so called" allies cannot, and insist on going around embargoes?

Then leave the UN, maybe then I can justify paying a majority of the UN budget ,equipment and manpower out of my tax money, while some nations do nothing but impede things, yet contribute very little.

China and Russia should be tried the same way Milosivich was in the Balkan conflict, If you think those 2 lack any mass graves, then you are nieve.

Iran has its testicles because of those 2, other Arab nations hate them.

UN is a freaking joke, and I am sick of paying cash and lives to them.

mapuc
10-09-12, 07:33 PM
Israel is vulnerable, well, it's probably not the right word.

Iran apparently forgetting that its Israeli air defenses tracked the drone for a long time before they shot it down.

Only when they (Iran, and others) can send a drone to Israel and back without the drone being detected, only then can you say that Israel is vulnerable

After all it is peace in the region. Had it been a crisis or a war-like situation. They had hit it long before

Markus

Gerald
10-11-12, 11:50 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/11/us-israel-drone-hezbollah-idUSBRE89A10O20121011

eddie
10-11-12, 01:18 PM
Its not the first one, won't be the last either. Problem is though, they can't quite get them to return to the launch point!:D

Gerald
10-11-12, 04:42 PM
:yep:

Jimbuna
10-11-12, 05:35 PM
Its not the first one, won't be the last either. Problem is though, they can't quite get them to return to the launch point!:D

Very true...and better than a smilie response :nope:

Gerald
10-11-12, 05:55 PM
Very true...and better than a smilie response :nope: So negative ... what's up?

Jimbuna
10-11-12, 05:59 PM
So negative ... what's up?

:yep:

Gerald
10-11-12, 06:01 PM
:yep:I suspected it ... no surprise for me ever!!!

Jimbuna
10-11-12, 06:15 PM
I suspected it ... no surprise for me ever!!!

Watch out for the drone :huh:

:)

Gerald
10-11-12, 06:23 PM
I've already seen them in real life and they have never crashed in my surroundings.

Jimbuna
10-12-12, 05:39 AM
Hoping to see one on Sunday at RAF Linton On Ouse.