PDA

View Full Version : hopefully not a stupid question

Dogma72
09-01-12, 09:15 PM
hi,

couple of questions - do mods work with the SH4 gold pack download from amazon? i'm trying to install the 688i mod, and everything looks fine - no errors, but the game just comes up unmodded.

i have jsgme in the root directory, the 688i mod is activated. No errors on start up, but just goes straight into the normal game.

i'm running windows 7 pro. and i think v2.6 of the gme. and i have v4.2 of the 688i mod.

any tips?

Thanks!

A Hidden Soul
09-01-12, 09:19 PM
It's not a super mod so you're not going to see any difference on the main menu. When you go to play a quick mission you should see the 688i class submarine when you click the down arrow to choose different boats. It's also career playable!

According to what you said you bought the gold pack from Amazon? So your game is v1.5 correct? If so make sure you downloaded the 688i class that's v1.5 compatible.

I play with all modern submarines for SH4 so if you got questions I'm your guy.

Dogma72
09-01-12, 09:24 PM
hey,

thanks for the fast response.

it should be v1.5 as it was the full version with the uboat missions. when i installed the first time, i don't think it was what you would call a clean install. i'm redownloading now and have a new download of the jsgme.

what i saw was that 688i did not come up in any combination of career, campaign nor single mission - its like the mod wasn't installed at all.
going to try that.

i'd really love to see a permit class mod. that's the sub i was on when i was in the navy in the 90s (nuke ET here).

just to be sure, do you have a link to the 688i version that is 1.5 compatible?

i'll let you know how it works out.

wes

A Hidden Soul
09-01-12, 09:30 PM
Sounds great! Thanks for serving by the way. I'm leaving for the Great Lakes next summer. I'm going to volunteer for submarine service.:salute:

When you install JSGME make sure you place it into your SH4 folder. Once you do that double click it and it will ask you about a MODS folder. Select OK and you should be set. All the mods you download place them all inside of the MODS folder.

Most mods need to be extracted so I would recommend downloading 7zip. So that way once it's downloaded you can place it on your desktop, extract here, then move the extracted folder into the MODS folder.

I'm not doing anything so I'll stand by for your response.

I also use the USS Ohio class for Sh4.

EDIT: Working on that link right now.

EDIT2: v1.5 Los Angeles 688i class. (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1134)

Dogma72
09-01-12, 09:34 PM
ok,

i've re-installed SH4 gold pack. verified in the read me file that it is v1.5.

i have copied the jsgme.exe into the root directory of the SH4 folder and run, clicked yes, and saw that the MODS folder was created.

i then unzipped the los angeles mod into this folder, then ran jsgme again. i clicked on it, pushed it over to the right side, and noted that it said activated.

i did not close jsgme at this point. when i ran the game, no errors, but no where (career, war patrol, quick mission) was a 688i available as a choice of boat.

should i close jsgme before running the game? should i reboot?
are you running windows 7?

A Hidden Soul
09-01-12, 09:38 PM
You should close JSGME then run the game. I don't see why your windows would be a problem.

Can you do something for me, please?

Go to your 688i class folder and tell me what it reads. Then open it and tell me what's in it.

EDIT: My uncle has Windows 7 and if I remember right getting JSGME was a pain in the butt to get working.

Dogma72
09-01-12, 09:41 PM
class folder?
is this in the Mods/Los Angeles/Data path?
because if so, i do not see a class folder...

A Hidden Soul
09-01-12, 09:44 PM
class folder?
is this in the Mods/Los Angeles/Data path?
because if so, i do not see a class folder...
Sorry for the confusion. It seems like your Los Angeles folder is correct. It's a problem with windows 7 and placing JSGME in the correct place.

I can let you mess around with JSGME or we can get hooked up using team viewer and I can get it working for you within 5-10 minutes. While on team viewer we can use Ventrilo to talk over the microphone if you want as well.

Dogma72
09-01-12, 09:48 PM
yeah, we can definitely do that. i don't have any of that software on my computer at the moment, so, we can either do something over facebook, or you can point me to the download links etc.

i clicked on the link for the v1.5, unzipped it into the mods folder, activated with and then closed jsgme, restarted the game - same deal, no errors, no possibility to choose the 688.

so, yeah, definitely would love some realtime help here.

A Hidden Soul
09-01-12, 09:52 PM
Okay, do you got a microphone? If not, no big deal.

Download the following

Team Viewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx)

Ventrilo (http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php)

Once you're done downloading those let me know and I'll PM you with details.

Dogma72
09-01-12, 09:58 PM
done and done. i did select the option on team view to not enable remote access. let me know if that is an issue and i'll try to change it.