PDA

View Full Version : EvE Online: Want to try it?

Damo
06-29-12, 11:24 PM
Hi all,

For anyone that's interested in having a scoot around the 'sandbox', I have a limited number of free trials available, giving you 21 days of free play instead of the standard trial of 14 days. There's just been a new expansion (normally 2 expansions a year, plus patches) bringing new missile effects and explosions, new ship models and shaders as well as a host of other stuff. It truly is a beautiful game and if you have the patience and drive to forge a path in EvE (yes, it really is that dramatic at times), it can be a really rewarding experience.

I'm not an 'all hours' player and tend to be a bit more casual with it but I know enough, and have access to enough info to give you a head start. I'll be happy to link up in game and help you out, or if you just want a wingman to help you with the more lucrative, but harder missions.

If you are interested in one of the 21 day trials just PM me here with a valid email address and I'll get an invite over to you. Or if you play already, send me your character info and I'll shout you in game. If you do take a trial and upgrade to a full subscription within the trial period, I'll throw 200 million ISK at you because every full sub conversion allows me to play the game an extra month. Once you're fully subscribed, you can then invite your friends in the same way and get free game time.

Hope to see some subsimmers in space!

Regards,
Damo.

0rpheus
06-30-12, 05:24 AM
Who do you fly with? :salute:

Damo
06-30-12, 10:10 AM
Who do you fly with? :salute:

To be honest, no-one. I was in a good corp but it got wardecced and fell apart within a few days and I took some time out after that. I'm still in touch with a few but not in any organized way. I thought I'd post here as it's a good community and I could do with a few friends in game, as it's hard to trust people that are solely from in game. I've got a missioning character, station trader, and a mining alt flying hulks and orca which keeps me in sufficient ISK but the buddy program is a good way to pay for my subscription. I'm just a casual EVE player.

I've set up my own corp and have big ideas about where it can go but in the end I couldn't be hassled with all the grief that comes from in-game recruitment and then there were time restraints due to RL. Maybe I put too much emphasis on the trials in my post, as it's more about finding other subsimmers in EVE, but someone may as well use them.

Damo.

Iron Budokan
07-02-12, 06:54 PM
One of my favorite games. I think I like it because it's so difficult and open-ended. :)

CaptainHaplo
07-02-12, 08:53 PM
I have never played it but considered it many times since I am a huge X fan. Is it worth the learning curve?

McBeck
07-03-12, 12:31 AM
I have played it several times, but you need to take your time with it...

0rpheus
07-03-12, 09:16 AM
@ Haplo

If you're coming at it with an X-Series mindset I doubt you'll find it too bad at all, that game is much tougher in terms of travel/market rarity/etc. McBeck is right to say to take your time with it as well - there's simply so much of it that it's impossible to learn it all at once.

Start small & simple, work your way up through pve basics and go on from there. Most important thing is not doing it alone - Eve is hard solo. You want to be in a good corp with good people to fly with. Those people will help you with ISK and ship fitting, training suggestions and everything else. It's the communities, as much as the game, that make it worth playing.

@ Damo/all

Feel free to join my Corporation's public channel in game and say hi. Get to know us for a bit and you may find yourselves invited to join. Also happy to provide extended free trials etc for those that need them. The channel is 'eurogamer.net' in game, you can also look up & contact my char, Saul Caris directly. :salute:

Takeda Shingen
07-03-12, 04:41 PM
Played for about a year. Got over 15 million skillpoints. It is really not that complicated in terms of learning curve, but it will take you a long time to be able to do anything cool due to the skill training system. It, as in all MMOs, is about the community, and this community is about as flamey and trolly as it gets. I have, in my time in game, come in contact a collection of the most insufferable human beings that I have had the misfortune of meeting. And I was part of EvE University, and later, TEST Alliance. Did the sov null grind. Fought in the big 2000+ man battles. Didn't matter. Kids are kids. Very different than the simulation culture. I had enough about a week ago. These people and their stated attitudes were making me into a person that I didn't like. Had to get out.

You may enjoy it after all, but buyer beware.

0rpheus
07-05-12, 12:40 PM
this community is about as flamey and trolly as it gets. I have, in my time in game, come in contact a collection of the most insufferable human beings that I have had the misfortune of meeting.

And I was part of EvE University, and later, TEST Alliance.

TEST?! No wonder! :har:

Seriously though, I agree. The sov-null endgame stuff isn't for me, or anyone else I know for that matter. We've all done it to varying degrees (well, except our newer members) and walked away each time. I quite enjoyed NPC Null, and still do from time to time, but the majority of my gameplay nowadays comes from Wormholes and RVB with a low-skilled alt.

Wormholes have lucrative PVE & PI and are good places for small gang pew from time to time, and RVB is cheap & easy, always on frigate & mostly T1 hisec pvp. My current corp is about as laid back as it gets, we don't do big fleets, we all just do our own things and pitch in or team up when needed, no CTAs or anything like that. Eve should not become a second job!
:salute: